Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:46 PM

45,717 posts, read 27,340,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Every single day I am being saved by God.
From what are you being savedevery day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,392,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
From what are you being savedevery day?
If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand.
Try me - I will let you know if i don't get it.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:17 PM

12 posts, read 9,805 times
Quote:
FALSE.

The OP stated...

V. 29 was left out.

John 10:29
- "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."

All does include all.

Also, the verses involving "enduring until the end" (Matt. 10, 24; Mark 13) do not speak of eternal security or salvation from sin by believing the gospel. What are they being saved from? What are the circumstances that Christ is referring to? Persecution. Physical deliverance through trial. This is not about salvation from sin.

It's a shame that you believe Christ and the Father are not powerful enough to keep their promise - that you have a choice to override God and remove yourself from His family. You don't - once you are part of Him.

Just like the angel grabbed Lot by the hand and pulled him out of Soddom... so will true believers be placed into His presence.

I am not getting into a long discussion on this - but will just state that once you are in the family of God, you will always be in the family of God.
So you are telling me that if we stand firm, we will be saved from persecution... I thought we would gain that through salvation anyway... I'm sorry but that doesn't quite make sense to me. So if we stand firm against what? The trials of this life, which correct me if I'm wrong, include persecution. So if we stand firm against the trials of this life, which include persecution, we shall be saved FROM persecution... What happens to those who don't? Will their punishment be to be to be still have persecutions in heaven? I don't think so! That's not the heaven that I'm waiting for! And my point still stands... NO ONE can SNATCH them out of the fathers hand, it must be a self chosen decision.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:24 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,203,729 times
Sweet, I can be an atheist now.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Try me - I will let you know if i don't get it.
I am being saved daily from my fleshly desires, for it is mainly only by the grace of God that I can continue to stand firm against that which is not of God. The other part is my one/tenth daily decision let the grace of God lead me.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Sweet, I can be an atheist now.
You know, the beauty of it is even though I would advise you that I believe that, that is the wrong choice... You still CAN choose to do such... You aren't forced to believe in God, which makes loving Him so much more real...

Old 10-11-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeanite12 View Post
So you are telling me that if we stand firm, we will be saved from persecution... I thought we would gain that through salvation anyway... I'm sorry but that doesn't quite make sense to me. So if we stand firm against what? The trials of this life, which correct me if I'm wrong, include persecution. So if we stand firm against the trials of this life, which include persecution, we shall be saved FROM persecution... What happens to those who don't? Will their punishment be to be to be still have persecutions in heaven? I don't think so! That's not the heaven that I'm waiting for! And my point still stands... NO ONE can SNATCH them out of the fathers hand, it must be a self chosen decision.
Regarding the red...
What you are stating is that your word is the ultimate authority - "MY point still stands". The bold is what Scripture says. The bold underlined is YOUR addition - it is not Scripture.

Regarding standing firm...
Jesus is not talking to you (or today's church) in Matt. 10, 24 and Mark 13.

In Matt. 10, he is sending the disciples out to preach the kingdom of heaven to the people of Israel - no Gentiles, no Samaritans. Is that the call of the church? No.

V. 28 - "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." So Jesus is speaking of the physical deliverance of the disciples as they go and preach the gospel.

Read the whole context.

In Mark 13 & Matt 24, - Jesus is talking about end times, and the persecution that will accompany those who preach the gospel. I am not as certain on this specifically, but again there is the threat of persecution for those who preach the gospel. This is not about sin, salvation, and personal choice.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeanite12 View Post
I am being saved daily from my fleshly desires, for it is mainly only by the grace of God that I can continue to stand firm against that which is not of God. The other part is my one/tenth daily decision let the grace of God lead me.
That's being sanctified, not being saved.

I don't know where the "one/tenth" comes into play - biblically speaking.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:48 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,108,498 times
I don't believe in the Old Testament dogma of "Orignal Sin" & "The Fall of Man." I believe those stories were simply used as allegorical tales to explain that, since Man was imbued with Free Will, and thus wanton desires from God, that we have a tendency to fall into Sin, which can therefore separate us from God's Grace.
Nor do I believe in the OSAS school of thought. That would give Man free reign to commit more sin once he was saved; he'd have a sort of Divine Carte Blanche.
And I don't think Jesus believed in OSAS either. The lesson He tried to impart upon us was to do Good Works and to love and help out neighbors, heck, even our enemies. But see? The whole "love your enemy as you do yourself" teachings of Jesus is oft-times too difficult for people. IN fact, for most Christians! Thus, they cling to the OSAS as a sort of life preserver, deluding themselves that they can fall into sin and backslide all they want, because, hey, "I'm saved, and afterall, God Loves a sinner as long as I still believe."
Nonsense.
Jesus' message was simple but not easy. We have to love and help each other, people, and remember that whatever we fo the the "least among us" we do to Him.
Following that message is what separates the Truly Saved from the Wannabe Saved.

Peace out, hombres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity