Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 08:27 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,945,755 times

Advertisements

Well, according to Jesus, she should stay with her husband (or separate and live single until her husband dies), and you should go back to the wife you divorced.

Otherwise you'll both be living a life of adultery. It will never be blessed by Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,641,278 times
Default The narrow way...

Until you are married to each other it is wrong in the eyes of God to share a bed. The marriage bed is to be kept unblemished and undefiled. (No sex before marriage.)

First and foremost she is still married to another. She is not available. It does not matter is she is getting a divorce, she is still currently married. That is something you need to think about. Why are you fishing in the married pond? You need to be in the single pond. What happens if she changes her mind after you have handed her your heart and stays with her husband? Aren't we told to, "guard our heart for it is the wellspring of life?" (Proverbs???)

Something else to think about...If she is doing this with you (falling in love with another man) while still with her current husband, what will stop her from doing this to you later on? (The best predictor for future behavior is past behavior. It is something to think about.)

Proverbs 6:34 For jealousy is a husband's fury; Therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance. (NKJV) You need to pray he (her husband) doesn't find out about you...

One last thing...Proverbs 31:3 Do not give your strength to women, Nor your ways to that which destroys kings. (NKJV)

You may think you are the exception, when in fact, you are the rule. Only time will tell.

I wish you the best, the current road is a sandy, rocky and completely unstable but only you can decide to exit. Read Matthew 7:13-15...

Old 10-18-2011, 10:57 PM

45,806 posts, read 27,444,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
By your words you'll be forgiven ,or by your words you'll be condemned.

Don't worry you are not saved any way.Christians do not keep the son of mans commands or walk in the light.
Side note: That is not a criteria for salvation.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:25 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,089,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Side note: That is not a criteria for salvation.
The critiria for salvation is believing. believing means following the commandments as God made for them to be followed, having faith that they are true.

Why you people twist Jesus' ideas, I have no idea... oh wait, I do. pagan genes and the sickness of desiring immortality.

No where do Jesus, or any of his followers throughout the entire idol scriptures say: "do whatever you want, but just tell yourself that you believe... that's cool with us"

They say: "Believe! and Believe is VISIBLE through our choices (to follow the laws correctly)" If you have true faith, it will show true works, because the idol scripture says works are tied to faith. I'm wondering If you have read the whole thing...

Old 10-19-2011, 07:56 AM

45,806 posts, read 27,444,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
The critiria for salvation is believing. believing means following the commandments as God made for them to be followed, having faith that they are true.

Why you people twist Jesus' ideas, I have no idea... oh wait, I do. pagan genes and the sickness of desiring immortality.

No where do Jesus, or any of his followers throughout the entire idol scriptures say: "do whatever you want, but just tell yourself that you believe... that's cool with us"

They say: "Believe! and Believe is VISIBLE through our choices (to follow the laws correctly)" If you have true faith, it will show true works, because the idol scripture says works are tied to faith. I'm wondering If you have read the whole thing...
You are not a believer unless you have the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is sent by God to those who truly believe.

No one becomes a believer, or keeps himself saved, through works.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:46 AM

5,534 posts, read 7,377,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffalookin View Post
I recently met a lady and fell in love with her we are both Christians her alittle more then me. She is married and getting a divorce and I am divorsed. We both know it would be wrong for us to have sex while she is still married but it it wrong for her to love me? and is it wrong for us to share a bed? When I ask her all she says is I'm married and its wrong I don't understand why it is wrong. Please help me understand?
Attached Thumbnails
Have a couple questions about Christianity-fishing_cartoon_02.gif  

Old 10-19-2011, 11:49 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,888,689 times
Default Who is truly a 'believer?'

Quote:

Your points are correct, but, the evidence that one is truly born again in the Spirit ... is the 'fruit' of their lives.

We all need to examine our lives, works, 'fruit' in the light of scripture to reveal TO US whether our profession of faith (and rebirth) is real or imagined. Otherwise, some fall into the category of which Jesus spoke, "You honor me with your lips, but, your heart is far from me."

I've dealt with many folks over the years who 'made a trip to the altar and said a sinner's prayer', but, who remained just as lost as Easter eggs. Instead of bringing their heart at the altar, they brought their religion!

Obviously God knows the difference, but, people often deceive themselves ... sometimes with the assistance of well-meaning helpers who tell them that "all they need to do to be saved, ... is say a short prayer."

Old 10-19-2011, 01:33 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,089,776 times
Quote:

That's right. I don't believe what you believe... but that's probably because I read the entire Bible. Have you done that? I'd like to know which version. Do you seriously think believing means pretending to believe? if you believed you would be constantly reading "God's Word" and your believe would show by your actions. Right now, its hard for me to tell Christians and Atheists apart... They both grow the same types of fruits... sometimes delicious and sometimes sour, bitter, and spoiled.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:50 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,652,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Well, according to Jesus, she should stay with her husband (or separate and live single until her husband dies), and you should go back to the wife you divorced.

Otherwise you'll both be living a life of adultery. It will never be blessed by Jesus.
Sheesh, I have a hard time believing that's what Jesus actually said. I think this is definitely one time where Jesus' words were "embellished", to say the least. I don't buy that it's one way for a man, and a different way for a woman. So, my first husband is dead, and my 2nd ex-husband is still alive and living in sin with another woman. I don't date or have sex, so who's the adulterer in this situation?

The answer according to what Jesus supposedly said is.....both of us. My 1st husband was still alive when I married the second one, and my 2nd ex-husband was still married when we got married!!! So you see, I think it's best to marry when you have the opportunity and when it's right, not when someone else is DEAD. I'm not saying either one of my marriages was right, they were VERY wrong but saying someone's relationship will never be "blessed" by Jesus is way more than judgmental imo.

Oh and btw, I tried to go back to my 2nd ex, but he was already involved with the other woman before we even got divorced. So I tried to correct a very messed up situation even though he is still very much married to his first wife. Yeah, it's complicated.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:38 PM

4,212 posts, read 5,850,719 times
Something my Pastor told me when I asked his about drinking Odouls, you know the non-alcohol beer and he said "Avoid the appearance of evil".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity