Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will I be Saved Without Believing Paul Was An Apostle?
Yes 33 64.71%
No 7 13.73%
I Dont Know 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 11:32 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,965,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Okay, I'll ask...
Why do you believe that Paul was not an apostle of Jesus? I have a theory, but will withold that opinion. No need to get a running start in order to jump the gun
From the real Apostles:

Acts 15:20
Instead, we should write and tell them to abstain from eating food offered to idols, from sexual immorality, from eating the meat of strangled animals, and from consuming blood.

Acts 21:25
“As for the Gentile believers, they should do what we already told them in a letter: They should abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality.”

According to Paul (after the Apostles gave him the instructed letter)

1 Corinthians 8 (Paul cleverly trips up)

1 Now regarding your question about food that has been offered to idols. Yes, we know that “we all have knowledge” about this issue. But while knowledge makes us feel important, it is love that strengthens the church. 2 Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much. 3 But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.
4 So, what about eating meat that has been offered to idols? Well, we all know that an idol is not really a god and that there is only one God...(paul continues to convince that it's really ok, as long as there are no Christians around who don't think so... as long as Yahushua the Messiah isn't around)

Revelation 2 (Yahushua on food offered to idols)

14 “But I have a few complaints against you. You tolerate some among you whose teaching is like that of Balaam, who showed Balak how to trip up the people of Israel. He taught them to sin by eating food offered to idols and by committing sexual sin.

In a similar way, you have some Nicolaitans among you who follow the same teaching. 16Repent of your sin, or I will come to you suddenly and fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

20 “But I have this complaint against you. You are permitting that woman—that Jezebel who calls herself a prophet—to lead my servants astray. She teaches them to commit sexual sin and to eat food offered to idols.

So you see, this right here is called a fact. It is a fact that Paul's teaching right there contradicts the Messiahs (Gods) and the teachings of the real Apostles. It's very easy, if you want to see the truth, to conclude that as a FACT! It doesn't get any clearer than that.

So is there more reasons than that? Yes. I've learned, as I look around me, as I have visited the many churches I've visited that Paul is being used to rob the gospel of the truth, and the born again power of it. There is a tripping up that has taken place and the warnings of the Messiah cannot be seen because of this. This is a very dangerous situation were in on this earth right now, and the teachings of Paul are the root.

Next, if your interested I'll show you how Paul is the leader of the New Age movement in which people believe that loving our neighbor is all that's important and the only single command. This teachings makes us God. Paul said that the law is summed up in one command. Yahushua said the law is summed up in two commands.

May Yahua's blessings be upon you, in the name of Yahushua, so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 11:48 AM

How do you think the Father / the Son / the Holy Spirit... feel about "believers" who reject someone who is a wholehearted disciple of Yahushua the Messiah and take His teachings very seriously, and who have no problem calling it like it is, and is not brainwashed into being a follower of man? Do you really think He's ok with that?

If you feel that way... do you really think you know God?

Do you really think He has a problem with me calling it like it is? I think it's Him trying to show you something.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:58 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,517,249 times
I notice that you insist on " Elohim "

Is Elohim .. Jesus ?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I notice that you insist on " Elohim "

Is Elohim .. Jesus ?
I notice you like "spinning" things. I say Elohim instead of God sometimes but I also say God sometimes. How is that insistance on my part saying it, or how have I tried to "insist" that others say it.?

Old 10-21-2011, 12:07 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,229,769 times
So God allowed a false teacher to write most of the New Testament? Satan truly has deceived you.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:08 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,517,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
I notice you like "spinning" things. I say Elohim instead of God sometimes but I also say God sometimes. How is that insistance on my part saying it, or how have I tried to "insist" that others say it.?
No .. so,
Is Jesus God (Elohim)

Old 10-21-2011, 12:11 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,956,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
How do you think the Father / the Son / the Holy Spirit... feel about "believers" who reject someone who is a wholehearted disciple of Yahushua the Messiah
How do you think the Father / the Son / the Holy Ghost feel about you rejecting His Word? If you don't believe in Paul's teachings, then you don't believe in the One who revealed it to Him; it's God's holy Word. Paul was a chosen vessel to take the Gospel to the gentiles. Paul was more like Jesus than any of the other apostles, yet he never saw Jesus in the flesh; Paul suffered great prosecutions for Christ's sake too.

I plainly tell you, if you reject Paul's teachings, which are really from the Lord, then you're still dead in your sins. We cannot selectively choose what we want to believe in and expect to be received by the Lord. The entire Holy Bible is the infallible Word of God; it's all or nothing.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM

525 posts, read 901,184 times
no

Old 10-21-2011, 12:12 PM

Rev 22:19 "And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

You are taking away more than words, you are taking away most of the New Testament.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
How do you think the Father / the Son / the Holy Ghost feel about you rejecting His Word? If you don't believe in Paul's teachings, then you don't believe in the One who revealed it to Him; it's God's holy Word. Paul was a chosen vessel to take the Gospel to the gentiles. Paul was more like Jesus than any of the other apostles, yet he never saw Jesus in the flesh; Paul suffered great prosecutions for Christ's sake too.

I plainly tell you, if you reject Paul's teachings, which are really from the Lord, then you're still dead in your sins. We cannot selectively choose what we want to believe in and expect to be received by the Lord. The entire Holy Bible is the infallible Word of God; it's all or nothing.
Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity