Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:02 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,373,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Given that the majority of bible translators are biased by their beliefs...let us look to the original meaning of the words that were translated...shall we:

[LEFT]entos: within, among[/LEFT]
Original Word: ἐντός
Part of Speech: Adverb
Transliteration: entos
Phonetic Spelling: (en-tos')
Short Definition: within, inside, the inside
Definition: within, inside, the inside.

Derived from en:

1722 en (a preposition) – properly, in (inside, within); (figuratively) "in the realm (sphere) of," as in the condition (state) in which something operates from the inside (within).
Paul's letters, such as 1 and 2 Corinthians, are in harmony with the above. Jesus Christ is to be found "within us," and He is to "dwell in our hearts by faith."

So that leaves me with another question: how can He truly dwell in our hearts, if we do not have faith to believe it??

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 10:24 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,217,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Paul's letters, such as 1 and 2 Corinthians, are in harmony with the above. Jesus Christ is to be found "within us," and He is to "dwell in our hearts by faith."

So that leaves me with another question: how can He truly dwell in our hearts, if we do not have faith to believe it??

Blessings,
brian
God already dwells within...some just haven't been drawn (dragged) by God yet to recognize that FACT.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
I guess that is the way it is with some...always refusing to seek knowledge and refusing to critically examine what they've been taught. While some of us actually seek to find the truth.
Really? Who taught me?

Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,217,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Really? Who taught me?
The same teachers that have taught and misled the majority of Christianity.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Indeed. "by faith". The Spirit resides in the believer. Can't say the same about those who reject the Spirit, other than it is available for them too.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
The same teachers that have taught and misled the majority of Christianity.
Name them! Tell me who they were, since you pretend to know.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:35 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I think the "moral of this story" could also mean that we can't expect to reach God through works.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Kingdom of god is not within the sinner, it is within the believer, and the entrance is open to every sinner. All they have to do is enter. When they enter, the KOG will be within them too, and they will be within the KOG. And when they enter they will have eternal life. This is the promise of Jesus Christ. They asked Him when the KOG will come, and He said it is already among us, meaning the door is already open.
Simple enough for a child to understand.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen....

Jesus tells us one needs to be 'born again' in order to see the KOG within..... let no one deceive you into believing anyone can look within and see or enter the KOG.....

1 Now there was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews;
2 this man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
4 Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?”
5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
(John 3:1-7)

How does one become born again so they may see and enter the KOG within... in the book of Acts we can see how.....

37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do?”
38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself.”

40 And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on exhorting them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation!”
41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.
42 They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
43 Everyone kept feeling a sense of awe; and many wonders and signs were taking place through the apostles.
44 And all those who had believed were together and had all things in common;
45 and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need.
46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart,
47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.
(Acts 2:32-47

PLEASE, let no one deceive YOU.... into believing anyone can just look within and see the Kingdom of God. This is not truth.....

The truth is found in Christ and as He told Nicodemus one must born again, Jesus tells us He came to set the captive free, free from what.... SIN,
HOW does one get rid of sin, our past, present, and future sin ....??

Well, we are told in 1John, if we confess our sin to Jesus, He will forgive and cleanse us from all OUR sin (darkness), unrighteousness and then one becomes born again, born of the Spirit !
He (Jesus) through the Holy Spirit then brings forth the KOG into your heart that we may see and live the life the Father purposed, planned before sin entered the world through Adam !!

PLEASE NOTE: If one does not confess their sin and if one is still walking in sin (darkness), in the ways of the world and have not come forth to Christ confessing their sin they will not, nor can they see, nor enter into the KOG.....as we can read below,

5 This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth;
7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. (1 John 1:5-10)

I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I did not hide;
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD”;
And You forgave the guilt of my sin.
Selah (Ps.32:5)

He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper,
But he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion. (Prov.28:13)
Amen! Thanks Cyber Munchkin for speaking Truth in love.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,373,634 times
Quote:
Indeed. "by faith". The Spirit resides in the believer. Can't say the same about those who reject the Spirit, other than it is available for them too.
Yes. And even faith itself, is a gift from our Creator.

You didn't answer my question before, but I'll move on to my point anyways:

If you had children and they were drowning in a lake, I imagine that, as a good father, you would not simply throw out a rope or life preserver and yell to them to grab it and save themselves.
No. I imagine that you would probably do everything in your power to bring them to safety. You would probably jump in the water and bring them out one-by-one as fast as possible.

So, if our Heavenly Father loves us *infinitely more* than that, why do we think that He is doing nothing more than calling us to "grab the rope??"

Don't you think He'd do a bit more than that, Finn?

Blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity