Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 07:41 AM

987 posts, read 1,119,017 times

Advertisements

we do NOT deny that believers obtain life unending. But when Jesus contrasted eonian chastisement and eonian life, He was speaking about the 1,000 year Kingdom age, NOT endless life or death (or punishment). Paul spoke of two resurrections. The overcomers will be raised in the first resurrection (the OUT-resurrection of which Paul endeavored to achieve to rule and reign with christ during that time), and then the second resurrection will be after that age, in which all non-overcomers as well as the non-believers will be raised and be tried. Many believers will have 'their part' in the Lake of fire, chastisement. there will be plenty of gnashing of teeth and other acts of penitence when some of these people realize they missed that age of ages, but they will still be clothed with immortality in due time.

Those overcomers who do have life and a relationship with God and Christ during that golden Millenial period, will not die at the end of that age, but they have already received their new immortal house which will never die. But the promise of eonian life relates to a particular age, not eternity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 03:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
we do NOT deny that believers obtain life unending. But when Jesus contrasted eonian chastisement and eonian life, He was speaking about the 1,000 year Kingdom age, NOT endless life or death (or punishment). Paul spoke of two resurrections. The overcomers will be raised in the first resurrection (the OUT-resurrection of which Paul endeavored to achieve to rule and reign with christ during that time), and then the second resurrection will be after that age, in which all non-overcomers as well as the non-believers will be raised and be tried. Many believers will have 'their part' in the Lake of fire, chastisement. there will be plenty of gnashing of teeth and other acts of penitence when some of these people realize they missed that age of ages, but they will still be clothed with immortality in due time.

Those overcomers who do have life and a relationship with God and Christ during that golden Millenial period, will not die at the end of that age, but they have already received their new immortal house which will never die. But the promise of eonian life relates to a particular age, not eternity.
Why do you think Jesus was referring to 1000 kingdom? There will be death and sin during the 1000 kingdom, so it would not make sense that Jesus spoke about that time when he said believers will have eternal life. Also, think about the believers who die before the 1000 kingdom begins.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why do you think Jesus was referring to 1000 kingdom? There will be death and sin during the 1000 kingdom, so it would not make sense that Jesus spoke about that time when he said believers will have eternal life. Also, think about the believers who die before the 1000 kingdom begins.
I don't see any problem with what you said here.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:22 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
I don't see any problem with what you said here.
I thought you said eternal life meant the 1000 kindgom. Maybe I misunderstood.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:38 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Lightbulb The way I see it

The age following The Great White Throne Judgment is called, by some of us URs, 'the age of consummation,' or 'the age of Jubilee,' or 'the age of the New Heaven and New Earth.'

By the time that age has ended, all fallen creatures will have been saved from everything from which they need to be saved, including their stubborn will.

A snippet from THE OUTCOME OF INFINITE GRACE – LOYAL F. HURLEY
“Only as one sees God’s Plan of the Ages do they see the beauty of God’s Program for the redemption of the race.

Heb. 11:3 should read, “Through faith we understand that the ages were planned by the Word of God.” The ages will collectively end. A literal translation of Heb. 9:26 is, ‘But now, once for all, with a view to the end of the ages, has He been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.’

Throughout the eons there is sin and evil, condemnation and death. At the end of the eons all will be justified (Rom. 5:18,19), and all will be reconciled through Christ’s blood (Col. 1:20).

GOD’S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Logic is bad because what the Bible teaches doesn't seem logical to many people.

a. That most people will go to hell.
b. That God almighty was born of a virgin, and grew up as a baby to adulthood. Think of it, the Bible teaches that the creator of all things, needed a mother to nurse him and change his diapers.
c. That God would take upon Himself the blame and punishment for all peoples sins, even those who will hate him forever.
d. That God will destroy the earth.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:33 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Post God deals with us as rational and accountable beings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Logic is bad because what the Bible teaches doesn't seem logical to many people.

a. That most people will go to hell.
b. That God almighty was born of a virgin, and grew up as a baby to adulthood. Think of it, the Bible teaches that the creator of all things, needed a mother to nurse him and change his diapers.
c. That God would take upon Himself the blame and punishment for all peoples sins, even those who will hate him forever.
d. That God will destroy the earth.
In a letter to a friend, James Edmands (nineteenth century) wrote
“The death of Christ ensured the restoration of all as a result. Men are now in the hands of a Mediator, Who deals with them as rational and accountable beings, and afflicts, whether here or hereafter, only in order to bring them to a deep sense of their own folly, and then restores them to His favor. Those who love and believe in Him in this life, are the first fruits, and those who do not will be the harvest or ingathering.”

Old 11-13-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I thought you said eternal life meant the 1000 kindgom. Maybe I misunderstood.
No, eonian life refers to life in any age, but in many cases, and which I believe Jesus mostly referred to when He mentioned eonion life, the Kingdom Age, or Tabernacles Age, Yes, there is still death and some sin. But this is for those who were still alive at the dawning of the age or who are born into immortal bodies. Did you think that only believers lived in this realm? That would not make sense with the verses that speak about bodies being thrown into Gehenna (the garbage dump?) The Milllenial Age is NOT heaven.

There are many ages in which God works out his plan to finish His creatures. I have come to understand that God did not finish Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, all that has followed is part of His creation process to make Sons in his own image, and redemption, in my opinion, is a part of that process.

I know you do not agree with this and think very differently, but at least understand that this is what UR's are saying when we say that because many undergo eonian chastisement, it doesn't mean that believers ONLY enjoy eonian life and wink out of existence after that. If we are clothed with immortality, which the scriptures promise us some day, then of course we will live without death being an enemy ever again once we receive that habitation. Many believers (and I am most probably one of those unless God plans otherwise) who will miss out on that wonderful Age where the earth enjoys the peace and love of God. (Others will enter the Kingdom of God ahead of you--does that sound familiar?--Christ said this to the religious leaders) It is AFTER that era that Satan is loosed and there is much rebellion on the earth for a little while. I do not claim to know everything that takes place during any of the ages to follow this one we live in, but I do KNOW that at some point there is a consummation where God will become ALL in ALL. I think it is probably many more ages than even other UR's do, but that is all in God's control.

Peace and blessings to you Finn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity