Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:54 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times

Advertisements

The light from the lamp of Christ is definitely showing in your op, Paul..Beautiful post full of meaning and love..

Old 11-10-2011, 09:24 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,216,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'd like to know why "no bible required". Is the path you're following different from what is laid out in the Bible?
I don't believe it is...and my experience with my Source confirms that. Jesus instructed us to DENY SELF & SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM...WHICH HE SAID WAS FOUND WITHIN US...this is exactly what I've done. I don't look OUTSIDE MYSELF for what can only be found WITHIN MYSELF.

But you and I both know that the majority of Christians reject his teaching and look everywhere else...except WITHIN THEMSELVES.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:05 AM

8,181 posts, read 6,933,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
The light from the lamp of Christ is definitely showing in your op, Paul..Beautiful post full of meaning and love..
Ditto. That was beautiful and profound.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jimmie that was my answer. In all fairness i neuver said it was excluded, I said it is not required.

Why ? Because the lamp(not the bible)is within us.
Is the lamp different in any way from what's contained in Holy Scriptures?

Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
No one who claims to be a believer in Jesus Christ, and yet promotes the lie that the Bible is not necessary is on the right path. What God has revealed about who and what He is, and about His plan, is preserved in the Scriptures. Those who think the Bible is not the word of God, the word of Truth, God's complete revelation to man on spiritual matters, and the final authority with regard to matters of faith, morals, and matters of doctrine, are deceiving themselves.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:42 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I don't believe it is...and my experience with my Source confirms that. Jesus instructed us to DENY SELF & SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM...WHICH HE SAID WAS FOUND WITHIN US...this is exactly what I've done. I don't look OUTSIDE MYSELF for what can only be found WITHIN MYSELF.
If what is within you is no different than Holy Scripture, then the Bible can useful to confirm what the Spirit is telling you, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
But you and I both know that the majority of Christians reject his teaching and look everywhere else...except WITHIN THEMSELVES.
Reading, studying, praying, and meditating over Holy Scripture is the same thing.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
“I know that this man who often comes our way is a holy man of God. Let's make a small room on the roof and put in it a bed and a table, a chair and a lamp for him. Then he can stay there whenever he comes to*us 2 kings 4:9-10

The only difference being the Christ is an abiding presence.

The small room symbolizing the closet where we pray and meet God. The bed symbolizing intimacy . The table and Chair fellowship and the lamp symbolizing the Light that leads our path(no bible required we have a lamp thanks). We are a furnished room prepared for his abiding presence.
this little light of mine.... your light is showing brother

Old 11-10-2011, 11:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No one who claims to be a believer in Jesus Christ, and yet promotes the lie that the Bible is not necessary is on the right path. What God has revealed about who and what He is, and about His plan, is preserved in the Scriptures. Those who think the Bible is not the word of God, the word of Truth, God's complete revelation to man on spiritual matters, and the final authority with regard to matters of faith, morals, and matters of doctrine, are deceiving themselves.
Alrighty then.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:24 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,950,587 times
Quote:

Not to be confused with the interpretation of said bible.

There are people that reject the bible mainly because of an overwhelming problem that you help promote.

Believing that the bible is the final authority is not good enough for your evaluation of someone being on the right path, they must also believe it is saying everything you believe.

You have said it more than once to me and then try to twist things around. I believe the bible to be the word of God, but I do not believe it is telling us everything you believe.

Yet you will still tell me that I reject God, so the final authority to you is not actually the bible, it is what you say it says and you point to the ones who instruct you, that is your final authority.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:31 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,543,379 times
Quote:
Why can't you take what pcamps said on face value and just say something good. "Honor all men" for the good that is them [God put it there] rather than what you expect them to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity