Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 05:29 PM

63,908 posts, read 40,194,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What? I asked you a question, and you didn't answer. If you don't want to answer, then don't answer Why do you get so upset when people point out the fact that you evaded answering a question? What's the big deal?
Here is the question again, in case you change your mind: What do you know about God that is not written in the Bible?
I know a lot about God that contradicts what is written in the OT descriptions, Finn. Our science provides a considerable amount of information about our God and our role in His existence. The "spiritual fossil record" provides ample corroboration that the many legends and myths are not baseless, but simply early simplistic depictions born of ignorance of a universal template for the evolution of our understanding about God (coded in the DNA of our brains). My personal experiences corroborate the true nature of God revealed by Jesus Christ as unconditional love and acceptance. In short, the heinous depictions of Jehovah as described by our ignorant primitive ancestors are completely contradicted and the God of Jesus Christ is confirmed.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know a lot about God that contradicts what is written in the OT descriptions, Finn. Our science provides a considerable amount of information about our God and our role in His existence. The "spiritual fossil record" provides ample corroboration that the many legends and myths are not baseless, but simply early simplistic depictions born of ignorance of a universal template for the evolution of our understanding about God (coded in the DNA of our brains). My personal experiences corroborate the true nature of God revealed by Jesus Christ as unconditional love and acceptance. In short, the heinous depictions of Jehovah as described by our ignorant primitive ancestors are completely contradicted and the God of Jesus Christ is confirmed.
Then it should not be hard to give an example. What do you know about God that cannot be found in the Bible, NT or OT? It should not be hard to answer if your claims Re true, but your inability or unwillingness to answer a simple question proves your claim is false.

Why is it so hard go admit that everything you know about God and salvation is found in the Bible. You are trying to defend a point someone taught you, but I think you are beginning to see it is false.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-13-2011 at 04:59 AM..

Old 11-14-2011, 03:49 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,376,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There are lots of things that the OT teaches, but Jesus contradicted them. Eating with unwashen hands comes to my mind. A Jew would have been scandalized to hear that what comes out of one's mouth is more important than what goes in. But that's what Jesus taught, and He offended the religious.

He also told us that "an eye for an eye" was wrong (even though it was in the Bible!!).

So expect some future changes regarding the NT, folks. It can happen again, and the purpose of it will be this: to separate those who hunger for truth and goodness from those who cannot let go of their doctrinal idols.

Jesus smashed idols back then, and He may very well do it again. (one that comes to my mind is this notion that "faith is all that is necessary." But if we aren't producing fruits, we'll be cut down. Plain and simple, aisi..)

Blessings!
brian

Old 11-14-2011, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
There are lots of things that the OT teaches, but Jesus contradicted them. Eating with unwashen hands comes to my mind. A Jew would have been scandalized to hear that what comes out of one's mouth is more important than what goes in. But that's what Jesus taught, and He offended the religious.

He also told us that "an eye for an eye" was wrong (even though it was in the Bible!!).

So expect some future changes regarding the NT, folks. It can happen again, and the purpose of it will be this: to separate those who hunger for truth and goodness from those who cannot let go of their doctrinal idols.

Jesus smashed idols back then, and He may very well do it again. (one that comes to my mind is this notion that "faith is all that is necessary." But if we aren't producing fruits, we'll be cut down. Plain and simple, aisi..)
The unanswered question is not about OT, it is about the Bible, OT or NT.

Again: What do you know about God that cannot be found in the Bible, NT or OT?

Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
The unanswered question is not about OT, it is about the Bible, OT or NT.

Again: What do you know about God that cannot be found in the Bible, NT or OT?
The Joy of His presence in my heart, the power of His Spirit towards the weary soul, the joy of knowing Him, the satisfaction of doing righteous actions...
The Bible doesn't even begin to describe any of it.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-14-2011, 05:37 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
The Joy of His presence in my heart, the power of His Spirit towards the weary soul, the joy of knowing Him, the satisfaction of doing righteous actions...
The Bible doesn't even begin to describe any of it.

Blessings,
brian
If I knew how to enter you into the competition to win the 5 grand I would, instead of repping ou.

The bible is just a tip of the iceberg. If all you have is what is written in ink, you are no more than a pauper.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:43 AM

Quote:
The Joy of His presence in my heart, the power of His Spirit towards the weary soul, the joy of knowing Him, the satisfaction of doing righteous actions... The Bible doesn't even begin to describe any of it.
The Bible says very clearly that the presence of God brings joy and peace and other good fruit, but I think you know that is not what I was asking.

Here: Do you know something about God or spirituality which is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that cannot be found in the Bible (NT or OT)?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:48 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,341,225 times
Quote:
The Bible says very clearly that the presence of God brings joy and peace and other good fruit, but I think you know that is not what I was asking.

Here: Do you know something about God or spirituality which is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that cannot be found in the Bible (NT or OT)?
Do you believe scripture is Life ?. Or even Life giving ?.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:

Yes: just as the Jews adhered to the OT Law and rejected Jesus' words, so too Christendom adheres to the NT writings and rejects those who walk according to truth and righteousness. I have said in the past that scripture is only a declaration of the Righteous Spirit that was within Jesus and the early believers. But without the Spirit, the writings of the OT/NT cannot save.

I also posted on another thread today, that just as Jesus brought a new message to those who were hungry for truth, so too there will be a new message in the future that Christendom will reject. My own opinion, is that it will be a message of works, because so many Christians believe they are righteous and justified before God when their hands are filthy with iniquity.

"For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge." Jer. 4

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-14-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you believe scripture is Life ?. Or even Life giving ?.
You keep asking me questions, and I keep answering, but you never answer any of my questions.

I believe Christ is life giving. And I believe Bible is the word of God. If you want to learn about things about God, you pray, read the Bible and listen to the Spirit and allow the Spirit to help you understand what you are reading. You are on constant attack against the Bible being the word of God, but you always come back to quote from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity