Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:53 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times

Advertisements

“I know that this man who often comes our way is a holy man of God. Let's make a small room on the roof and put in it a bed and a table, a chair and a lamp for him. Then he can stay there whenever he comes to*us 2 kings 4:9-10

The only difference being the Christ is an abiding presence.

The small room symbolizing the closet where we pray and meet God. The bed symbolizing intimacy . The table and Chair fellowship and the lamp symbolizing the Light that leads our path(no bible required we have a lamp thanks). We are a furnished room prepared for his abiding presence.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:13 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,218,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
“I know that this man who often comes our way is a holy man of God. Let's make a small room on the roof and put in it a bed and a table, a chair and a lamp for him. Then he can stay there whenever he comes to*us 2 kings 4:9-10

The small room symbolizing the closet where we pray and meet God. The bed symbolizing intimacy . The table and Chair fellowship and the lamp symbolizing the Light that leads our path(no bible required we have a lamp thanks). We are a furnished room prepared for his abiding presence.
It's awesome when I see others have received the same spiritual revelations that I have...it just confirms that I am on the right path.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'd like to know why "no bible required". Is the path you're following different from what is laid out in the Bible?
Because we have a lamp in the dwelling place of God and we are the dwelling place of God . Did you not read how we the dwelling place of God are furnished with a bed, table and chairs and lamp, in the short passage of scripture in the OP.

Would you agree that the scripture says "Your word is a lamp unto my feet" ?, well that Lamp is part of the furnished dwelling place of God.

How lovely is your dwelling place o Lord of hosts
Happy are those who know God lives in their house.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:42 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,807,765 times
Quote:
Because we have a lamp in the dwelling place of God and we are the dwelling place of God.
Who is "we"?

Quote:
Did you not read how we the dwelling place of God are furnished with a bed, table and chairs and lamp, in the short passage of scripture in the OP?
Yes, I did.

Quote:
Would you agree that the scripture says "Your word is a lamp unto my feet"?
Yes.

Quote:

well that Lamp is part of the furnished dwelling place of God
Why does that have to exclude the written Word?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:52 PM

We the believer....Christ in You. Could God have given something superior than the mind of Christ to us ?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:56 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,374,102 times
Quote:

Paul,
may these wonderful revelations you are having lead you into more and more righteous acting!!

I'm enjoying your posts a lot these days!

Blessings of His grace to you and all here!
brian

Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,347,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
It's awesome when I see others have received the same spiritual revelations that I have...it just confirms that I am on the right path.
Where two or more are gathered........

Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,544,201 times
Quote:

Some very beautiful thoughts. Blessing to you!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,807,765 times
Quote:
We the believer....Christ in You. Could God have given something superior than the mind of Christ to us ?
OK, agreed. I'd still like you to answer my last question in post #7.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
OK, agreed. I'd still like you to answer my last question in post #7.
Jimmie that was my answer. In all fairness i neuver said it was excluded, I said it is not required.

Why ? Because the lamp(not the bible)is within us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity