Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 02:51 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,119 times

Advertisements

I don't know if you would label me a "fundamentalist" but I take the bible as literally as my God-given, Common sense will allow me to, and I'll tell you how I explain dinosaurs, with ease.

Giants are talked about in the bible, at least referred to, but memory of scripture about them is so vague, right now.

God created the Earth, and we are not told how many millions? or whatever of years existed between Him creating earth, then animals, and then Adam and Eve. I have not one iota of confusion or trouble with them having existed. it's a no-brainer to me, that God has created many things, and it's the timing that gets folks into arguments, from what I have witnessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
Just curious. I am a Catholic myself and believe in evolution and the old world theory, that the earth is billions of years old and that evolution is a tool used by God. So I am not attacking all Christians or even fundamentalists, but I want to examine from personal experiences and opinions how you came to conclude that dinosaurs and humans walked together.
It's all about faith. What science believes today will change tomorrow. What we read in the Bible will never change. It's all about what a person chooses to believe, science or the Bible. I choose the Bible.

Hebrews 11: 1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

That's my two cents worth.

Katie

Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I don't know if you would label me a "fundamentalist" but I take the bible as literally as my God-given, Common sense will allow me to, and I'll tell you how I explain dinosaurs, with ease.

Giants are talked about in the bible, at least referred to, but memory of scripture about them is so vague, right now.

God created the Earth, and we are not told how many millions? or whatever of years existed between Him creating earth, then animals, and then Adam and Eve. I have not one iota of confusion or trouble with them having existed. it's a no-brainer to me, that God has created many things, and it's the timing that gets folks into arguments, from what I have witnessed.
Good Post! Bottom line = Faith

Katie

Old 11-14-2011, 05:03 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
No it doesn't.
Yes it does, but color me not surprised that you don't know the Bible as well as you think you do. You like all creationists cherry pick the Bible to accept things you agree with and reject those you don't.

This is how the world looked to the Ancient Hebrews, based on a literal reading of Genesis. This view is well supported Biblically, and by archaeological evidence of the Mesopotamia region. We also know the Catholic Church supported geocentrism for centuries based on a literal reading of Genesis.

http://ncse.com/image/ancient-hebrew-cosmology

Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post

The Nephilim are not dinosaurs, nor were they giants.

Quote:
Well, most creationists believe the Earth is quite young, meaning dinosaurs had to have existed within the last 10,000 years. Completely disproven, and a huge insult to anyone's intelligence, but they nonetheless believe that.

I think things like multiple mass extinctions are a more perplexing issue for creationists to wiggle their way out of, because according to a literal Genesis, there was only 1.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:45 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Then how come we don't find human (or modern animal) and dinosaur fossils in the same strata?

That question stumps the young earth creationists.
I don't see why it is up to the creationists to prove anything ... like evolutionists are stumped about original source and don't feel the need to validate their theory because they can't.

But as far as why we don't find human in the sama strata whose to say that humans had to co-exist with dinosars in the same area for the two to have had existed at the same time? Why could not humans \ dinosars existed seperate from one another ... like the kangaroo to the Panda

Old 11-14-2011, 06:49 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
My point is that I don't have to prove anything. I have faith. I believe every single word of the creation account. I don't claim to understand it. I don't need to. Some things are beyond human understanding. All I need is to believe it, and I do. That's all God ever asked of us. Just have faith.
Katie
::Sigh::This is so very very sad in this day and age. Shame on our education system. Shame on the religious leaders.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
very little on dinosaurs in the bible. which makes me think it is not a history or science book
more than likely a book designed to teach moral lessons. NT is certainly not a biography of jesus they left out
18 years of his short life, (12 to 30)

Old 11-14-2011, 07:11 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,041,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is really quite sad, Jazzy . . . not something to get derisive or mocking about. It is a true tragedy of our age. Those who contributed to it have a heavy burden indeed.

Yes Mystic it is sad. It is a tragedy and I am truly horrified at some of the posts from those who absolutely believe what they believe and insist in staying in utter ignorance.

But it does deserve to be criticized.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:39 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,909,702 times
Man not in the same strata as dinosaurs. Makes sense that man would not want to live in their neighborhood.

God created dinosaurs and man at same time, but it doesn't mean they lived, even on the same continent. My guess is that the dinosaurs were wiped out almost entirely during the flood, except those that rode on the ark. My guess is that there was a drastic change of climate, that made much of the earth, like the huge mountains and deserts, difficult to live in. This change was a too hostile a climate for the dinosaurs and many other species and they went extinct. We can see some of the effects of these changes after the flood, because the lifespan of people is greatly reduced after the flood, according to the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity