Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 12:31 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,458,031 times

Advertisements

RE: the flood stories, many historians and anthropologists have surmised that these myths, especially among coast-dwelling societies, came from the rise in sea level after the end of the latest ice age approximately 12,000 years ago. This rise in sea level would have destroyed coastal settlements and inundated human dwellings as much as 200 miles inland. To prehistoric hunter gatherers, this 400' increase in sea levels would have seemed like a "global flood."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 06:38 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,090,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But yet it was recorded as such...The morning and the evening were the first day, etc....
It appears as that in the current version of the Bible, what was originally written was most likely MUCH different.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:33 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,864,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I used to watch the Flintstones
Indeed, it is a documentary to some, thinking that it is really a good portrayal of how humans and dinosaurs might have interacted.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:17 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,179,187 times
There does seem to be 2 schools of thought among fundies regarding Dinosaurs. Group A says they never existed, group B says they existed along side man, but all dinos drowned in the Deluge.

Back in my Group A fundie era. I had a bit of a problem with fossils. I've long been a rock hound and still have a fairly impressive fossil and meteorite collection I gathered in my travels. I was in a bit of a quandary over the bits of dinosaur bone fossils in my collection. An elder in the church, more 'Intelligent" than me explained how they were simply rock formations God(swt) created in the shape of bones. Dinosaurs never existed we were just confusing rock shapes as being in the shape of skeletons. Couldn't be from animals cause nothing like that was ever found alive.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:26 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,168,266 times
I wonder if this is a case where mankind doesnt choose to listen to the Spirit. I mean, after all, Christians are supposed to be a " new creation", which means the " old" has passed away. This is NT teaching. So what makes a Chrisitan think they csn explain Dinos? Only the Spirit can do this, so can those filled with the Holy Spirit explain this?

Old 11-27-2011, 09:31 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,609,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Indeed, it is a documentary to some, thinking that it is really a good portrayal of how humans and dinosaurs might have interacted.
I saw a recent comment that someone didn't like the Flintstones because they thought the dinosaurs were mistreated ..............

Old 11-27-2011, 09:36 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,090,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
If pre-KT era Dinosaurs had been in an environment along with humans, the human population would have stayed tiny if they were not driven extinct.
If the Chicxulub asteroid didn't do us in like most other life, one of the other extinction events since would have.

Oh wait, none of those happen either.

Last edited by Trackwatch; 11-27-2011 at 09:58 AM..

Old 11-27-2011, 09:52 AM

10,411 posts, read 15,650,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
Just curious. I am a Catholic myself and believe in evolution and the old world theory, that the earth is billions of years old and that evolution is a tool used by God. So I am not attacking all Christians or even fundamentalists, but I want to examine from personal experiences and opinions how you came to conclude that dinosaurs and humans walked together.
Dinosaures and Humans didn't walk the earth together , the first two days of creation were without a 24 hours time limit. They could easily be Billions or even Trillions of years long.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:50 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,864,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
If pre-KT era Dinosaurs had been in an environment along with humans, the human population would have stayed tiny if they were not driven extinct.
If the Chicxulub asteroid didn't do us in like most other life, one of the other extinction events since would have.

Oh wait, none of those happen either.
I could have used that little one under the sink for my garbage disposal that I just replaced.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:18 AM

351 posts, read 356,671 times
Hi everyone As someone already pointed out the word used for day in Genesis was "yom" which can mean day but also can mean "time period"
so instead of "and the evening and the morning were the first day." could very well read " and the evening and the morning were the first time period."

The Bible and science do not contradict each other. God created everything, including the laws that run our universe. Man misinterprets the Scriptures and they seem to contradict but they don't

The scriptures are not literal they are spiritual and to be understood properly they must be read with spiritual eyes and that is only possible if God opens our eyes to the truth.

Want another spiritual truth? Adam and Eve were not the first people on earth and no where does the Scriptures say that. It does say that "there was no man to till the soil" So God made one with his own hands and breathe into him and he became a living soul. That is also why Cain worried that someone may kill him because there were other people and that is also why God marked him so they would know him.

When God said "let us make man in our image." He was saying that he was going to change man into the very image of himself and that is the process we are now and have been undergoing. When God is done we will be "born in the family of God" and will be the image of our Father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity