Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 10:54 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
There is where you try to argue against a belief system and defy scripture without realizing it. We are told to test the spirits, this line of questioning and proposing a possible conflict is doing just that. If something seems to not be correct, then it is our duty as believers to work it out and pursue a resolution.
Jesus is the answer .....
And I'm not going to play your mind games.... Phazelwood !!

The scripture speak and teach all about sin, hell, and it is layed out plain and simple.... what is to come for the soul that dies in their sin and who will not believe God !!

I won't go there questioning nor tempting the Lord God and His will with what He has chosen how to deal with sin and the sinner.... especially with His decisions about what He has spoken about the soul who sins !!

The Op question is invalid and if one truly knew the truth there would not be any issue or questions.... period !
Like I said, that is what happens when one has turned and is listening to heresy, rather then trust God's ultimate truth !!

Do hope and pray God will give you wisdom about it one day before one dies !!!

PS, no one is going to be sinless in Hell, sin is Hell.... there is no such teaching of a sinless Hell, LOL !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 11:03 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,955,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Yes, Jesus is the answer like I already said and you disagreed with me about that.
I am not playing mind games, cut the accusations out and have a discussion about something.

Quote:
The scripture speak and teach all about sin, hell, and it is layed out plain and simple.... what is to come for the soul that dies in their sin and who will not believe God !!
Yes, it says sin is destroyed.

Quote:
I won't go there questioning nor tempting the Lord God and His will with what He has chosen how to deal with sin and the sinner.
Not asking you to, scripture says sin is going to be destroyed.

Quote:

... especially with His decisions about what He has spoken about the soul who sins !!
This is not about the soul who sins, it is about sin itself and scripture says it will be destroyed.

Quote:

The Op question is invalid and if one truly knew the truth there would not be any issue or questions.... period !

To say a person cannot ask question is preposterous. Really, I hope that is not what you tell kids in sunday school or people who see something as not making sense. Oh, don't ask question eh? Hogwash.

Quote:
Like I said, that is what happens when one has turned and is listening to heresy, rather then trust God's ultimate truth !!
So the scriptures are incorrect that sin is going to be destroyed?

Quote:

The scriptures say sin is going to be destroyed.

Quote:

PS, no one is going to be sinless in Hell, sin is Hell.... there is no such teaching of a sinless Hell, LOL !!
And the scriptures say sin is going to be destroyed.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:31 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,707,929 times
Quote:
Yes, Jesus is the answer like I already said and you disagreed with me about that.
I am not playing mind games, cut the accusations out and have a discussion about something.
Yes, you're playing mind games....
'cut the accusation'.... LOL, go back and read your own post... your post have been nothing but accusations.... or is it sarcasms along with false accusations are so a part of one they don't even realize they are doing it....

Quote:
Yes, it says sin is destroyed.
So will all who practice sin ALL their life !! And deny Jesus Christ !

Quote:
Not asking you to, scripture says sin is going to be destroyed.
Yes, and so will those who practice sin in their life !! And deny Jesus Christ !!

Quote:
This is not about the soul who sins, it is about sin itself and scripture says it will be destroyed.
How does sin exist if not for the sinner acting upon sin to bring it into existence !! LOL

Quote:
To say a person cannot ask question is preposterous. Really, I hope that is not what you tell kids in sunday school or people who see something as not making sense. Oh, don't ask question eh? Hogwash.
Your assumption of what I tell other's is what is.... HOGWASH
Oh, false accusation.... ??

Quote:
So the scriptures are incorrect that sin is going to be destroyed?
Didn't say that !! Now did I ..... putting words into my mouth,

Quote:
The scriptures say sin is going to be destroyed.
Yup, it is, along with the soul that lives in sin !! And denies Jesus Christ !!

Quote:
And the scriptures say sin is going to be destroyed.
Yup, again, along with the soul that lives in sin !! And denies Jesus Christ !!

End of story, try to have a nice day, Phazelwood !

Old 11-22-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Your assumption of what I tell other's is what is.... HOGWASH
Oh, false accusation.... ??
If you are suggesting it is wrong to ask questions, then there is no assumption that is hogwash, it is hogwash.

Quote:

Didn't say that !! Now did I ..... putting words into my mouth,

When it comes down to it, you are making a point towards something you may not even believe. The OP is talking about the belief that souls remain in hell for eternity being tormented without end.

If you do not believe that, then we are talking past eash other and your beliefs aren't even being addressed in the OP in the first place.

Anihillation is one theological perspective that does not conflict with sin being destroyed.

And BTW, I am having a nice day, I do not have to try.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:

I won't go there questioning nor tempting the Lord God and His will with what He has chosen how to deal with sin and the sinner.... especially with His decisions about what He has spoken about the soul who sins !!

Do you think they are talking about 1 John 3, which says Jesus will destroy the Devil's work? Clearly they have misundestood the passage.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:30 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,391,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
What does SIN care if sinners are tormented forever?

I have heard mainstream "Christians" claim that sinners are forever in rebellion against God. But think about that for a moment - rebellion against God is obviously a sin. So to say such, means that SIN is never abolished and will continue forever. So Sin could care less if its subjects are being tormented so long as those being tormented are still sinning. Jesus said he came to DESTROY the works of the devil (sin). So how does mainstream "Christians" deal with this apparent conflict?

What is a "mainstream" Christian?

Where in the Bible does it say that sinners are forever in rebellion against God?
Cite the book, chapter, verse...

The Bible tells us that sin (disobedience of God), the sinners (the disobedient people), satan and his angels will be condemned on the Last Day, thrown into the Lake of Fire. The Bible states multiple times that "their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched".

The rebeling and revolt (works) of Satan and his followers against God and His followers will be over. Satan's reign over the earth will be finished and he and his followers will be thrown into the Lake of Fire, the second death. They will forever be in utter darkness, completely cast out and away from the Light of God and God's people forevermore.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
What is a "mainstream" Christian?

Where in the Bible does it say that sinners are forever in rebellion against God?
Cite the book, chapter, verse...

The Bible tells us that sin (disobedience of God), the sinners (the disobedient people), satan and his angels will be condemned on the Last Day, thrown into the Lake of Fire. The Bible states multiple times that "their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched".

The rebeling and revolt (works) of Satan and his followers against God and His followers will be over. Satan's reign over the earth will be finished and he and his followers will be thrown into the Lake of Fire, the second death. They will forever be in utter darkness, completely cast out and away from the Light of God and God's people forevermore.
Perhaps some different questioning can get you to see the point.

Is sin destroyed at some point once and for all?

If so, is it possible for someone to be a sinner, if sin does not exist.

So, if there are those being tormented forever, then will they be sinless because it has been destroyed, but still have to endlessly pay for their past sins while sin did exist?

Or maybe put it another way. Someone who is doing 5 years for stealing, they are paying the price, but while they pay the price, they may repent and in their heart (god will know) they will never steal again, so even though they are not a theif any more, they will still have to serve the sentence passed.

This issue to me is no different, if it is the truth, then it is, I think it should be easy to own up to that truth.

If sin is destroyed then people being tormented forever are rendered sinless, but they still will endlessly serve their sentence that was passed.

Is this correct according to what you think or believe you know is the truth?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:47 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,040,592 times
Quote:
It would seem one is forgetting the purpose and the reason the Father sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die on the cross !

Seek it out and one will understand the questioning of sin, hell, and the whole issues one is having with the problem....
I haven't forgot that purpose. In fact, the OP is all about that. Here is that purpose:

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

You see if there is sin in HELL then the PURPOSE will have failed. That is the point of my OP.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What conflict? Just because an unsaved person did not sin today, doesn't mean he/she is innocent of sin. People end up in hell, because of their past where they refused to lay down their sin at the cross. They rejected Jesus Christ who offered them salvation. That is why they are there. You can speculate all day long whether or not they curse God in hell, but what's the point?
The point is because the PURPOSE for which Jesus came was to DESTROY SIN (not sinners).

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

The works of the Devil is SIN. The purpose that Jesus came was to destroy SIN. So if SIN remains for the rest of eternity in a place called hell then SIN would then STILL EXIST and therefore NOT be destroyed meaning Jesus would have failed in the purpose for which He was sent.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
There is where you try to argue against a belief system and defy scripture without realizing it. We are told to test the spirits, this line of questioning and proposing a possible conflict is doing just that. If something seems to not be correct, then it is our duty as believers to work it out and pursue a resolution.
Excellent post Phazelwood, you get it. That last part about believing is exactly that - work out any contradictions and find the resolution. This is the RATIONAL approach of the follower of Christ. This is why those that SEEK shall find this type of TRUTH as precious as it is. This conflict I posted in the OP pits sides of irrationality against rationality. Those that want to know the Truth will pursue to work out that contradiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity