Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:16 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,270,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Verna...did you even read the OP????

You have Adam and Eve who DID NOT KNOW the difference between GOOD and EVIL, they DID NOT understand what it meant to be disobedient or what consequences were...they had NEVER LEARNED these things. So when God said to him not to eat the tree...he didn't understand the consequences or that he was being disobedient, no more than a child understands consequences and disobedience without first learning what they are.

Now, with that being said, could you at least try to answer the OP??? And, it might help if you quit looking at the story "litterally" but metaphorically.
It isn't often I take Verna's side on things, but I think she was right on the mark in her answer.

Adam and Eve may not have had knowledge of good and evil, but they certainly knew what disobedience was. God forewarned them not to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He very clearly told them what would happen if they did. They chose to disobey.

The theme of the entire Bible is "obedience." We are constantly tested by God. Obedience to God proves our love for Him. He gave us free will to choose to obey or disobey. He didn't want a bunch of little puppets that would love Him because He said they had to.

Respectfully,

Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 07:24 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Verna...did you even read the OP????

You have Adam and Eve who DID NOT KNOW the difference between GOOD and EVIL, they DID NOT understand what it meant to be disobedient or what consequences were...they had NEVER LEARNED these things. So when God said to him not to eat the tree...he didn't understand the consequences or that he was being disobedient, no more than a child understands consequences and disobedience without first learning what they are.

Now, with that being said, could you at least try to answer the OP??? And, it might help if you quit looking at the story "litterally" but metaphorically.
Moderator cut: delete
...of course I read it...and...? It doesn't change a single thing I said.

You asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur
A glitch in God's plan?
When God placed Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and told them not to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, did He expect them to obey His commandment or did their disobedience come as a surprise to Him?
According to God's word, HE WAS TESTING THEM!...So why? would He test them...? Tio see if they would OBEY! His command to them NOT! to eat of this tree! THEY FAILED! MISERABLY! ..AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM, IS WHAT HAPPENS TO ALL OF YOU WHO DISOBEY HIS COMMANDS!~ DEATH TO YOUR SOULS!........BLIND AND DEAF.

Moderator cut: deleteDISOBEDIENCE IS A SIN...GOD HATES IT...AND ANYONE WHO DISOBEYS HIS COMMANDS...JUST LIKE THEN...THEIR SOUL IS DEAD! JUST LIKE ADAM AND EVE'S SPIRITUAL SOUL WAS DEAD!
Quote:
Why, if it was His intention that they remain forever in their garden paradise, did He permit Satan to tempt them with the promise of godhood? Or did Satan gain entrance to the Garden without God's permission? Was this all part of a plan that unfolded as it did for a very good reason or was the Fall of Adam an enormous, unforeseen glitch in God's plan for mankind?
IT'S CALLED FREE WILL! HE CREATED EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US WITH FREE WILL...FREE TO CHOOSE HIM OR FREE TO BE OUR OWN gODS!...FREE TO CHOOSE WHO WE WILL FOLLOW...GOD...? OR SATAN...? AND THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT! HE WAS TESTING THEM TO SEE WHERE THEIR HEART WAS, AND THEY CHOSE TO LISTED TO SATAN INSTEAD OF GOD...WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM WILL HAPPEN TO ANYONE WHO DISOBEYS HIM!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-13-2011 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: sarcasm

Old 12-03-2011, 07:27 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,386,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
LOLModerator cut: orphaned...of course I read it...and...? It doesn't change a single thing I said.

You asked:

According to God's word, HE WAS TESTING THEM!...So why? would He test them...? Tio see if they would OBEY! His command to them NOT! to eat of this tree! THEY FAILED! MISERABLY! ..AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM, IS WHAT HAPPENS TO ALL OF YOU WHO DISOBEY HIS COMMANDS!~ DEATH TO YOUR SOULS!........BLIND AND DEAF.

Moderator cut: deleteDISOBEDIENCE IS A SIN...GOD HATES IT...AND ANYNE WHO DISOBEYS HIS COMMANDS...JUST LIKE THEN...THEIR SOUL IS DEAD! JUST LIKE ADAM AND EVE'S SPIRITUAL SOUL WAS DEAD!
[quote-Katzpur]Why, if it was His intention that they remain forever in their garden paradise, did He permit Satan to tempt them with the promise of godhood? Or did Satan gain entrance to the Garden without God's permission? Was this all part of a plan that unfolded as it did for a very good reason or was the Fall of Adam an enormous, unforeseen glitch in God's plan for mankind?
IT'S CALLED FREE WILL! HE CREATED EACH AND EVERY ONE OF U S WITH FREE WILL...FREE TO CHOOSE HIM OR FREE TO BE OUR OWN gODS!...FREE TO CHOOSE WHO WE WILL FOLLOW...GOD...? OR SATAN! AND THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT! HE WAS TESTING THEM TO SEE WHERE THEIR HEART WAS, AND THEY CHOLE TO L ISTED TO SATAN INSTEAD OF GOD...WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM WILL HAPPEN TO ANYONE WHO DISOBEYS HIM![/quote]

Easy there Verna Kat was just asking questions.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-13-2011 at 10:44 AM..

Old 12-03-2011, 07:55 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi Christy a baby might not understand what obedience is or the consequence of that disobedience, but one who walked with the voice of God daily would surely have known. Plus God told Adam what the consequence would be if he ate.
That is pure speculation and NOT what the story tells us. The story clearly tells us THEY DID NOT KNOW WHAT GOOD AND EVIL WAS...these are the FACTS that are given us. If one has NO KNOWLEDGE how can one be obedient or disobedient???

If one doesn't KNOW what being obedient or disobedient is...how can one hold it against them??? Think about this...

Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
[color=darkgreen][color=#000000]

No pneuma, what they are doing is attempting to discredit God...trying to make it look like God was the evil one or something...anything except the truth...they do not want to acknowledge that it is their choice to sin or not....they do not want to acknowledge that it is their whole responsibility whether or not they receive eternal life...it's a foundational question...and a Solid Foundation they do not have.
If one has NO KNOWLEDGE...how can there be CHOICE????

We are different...don't you see that??? We KNOW the difference between GOOD AND EVIL...they DID NOT...huge difference.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:20 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Idon't believe that is what they are doing Verna, we all differ in what we believe, but we are told not to judge anothers servant.
God didn't say that we are to not discern fact from fiction, truth from half truths, messengers speaking for God from many false prophets.

There is no way to “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves." if not one were to judge.

Has it not occured to you why "many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."

Old 12-03-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Idon't believe that is what they are doing Verna,

I do...you know them by their fruit pneuma..and the fruit is not good .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma
we all differ in what we believe, but we are told not to judge anothers servant.
Really pueuma?.....I believe I stand for God - and as long as I show no impartiality by looks or between the rich and the poor, I am commanded to judge, righteously...righteousness.

John 7;24 "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

Leciticus 19:15 "'Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly."

Blessings,
Verna.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
[/color][/color]

I do...you know them by their fruit pneuma..and the fruit is not good .

Really pueuma?.....I believe I stand for God - and as long as I show no impartiality by looks or between the rich and the poor, I am commanded to judge, righteously...righteousness.

John 7;24 "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

Leciticus 19:15 "'Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly."

Blessings,
Verna.
Judge away Verna...but try actually answering the question first.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Judge away Verna...but try actually answering the question first.
I already did answer your question, did you not read it?

Quote:
..."...did He expect them to obey His commandment or did their disobedience come as a surprise to Him?
He expected them to obey His commandment. He tested them to see IF! they would! They failed miserably! They died spiritually! SOUL DEAD!

Quote:
Why, if it was His intention that they remain forever in their garden paradise, did He permit Satan to tempt them with the promise of godhood?
TO TEST THEM!

Quote:
Or did Satan gain entrance to the Garden without God's permission?
NO.

Quote:
Was this all part of a plan that unfolded as it did for a very good reason
YES.

Quote:
..."...or was the Fall of Adam an enormous, unforeseen glitch in God's plan for mankind?
NO.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:16 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Nothing has, or does catch God off guard or cause a 'glitch' in His Plan.
So would it be accurate to say that things went exactly according to God's will?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity