Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 03:39 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,356,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
She has been dead for almost a hundred years, and yet the visceral hatred towards her lives on. She was traumatized by the fear of irrational religious views of Millerism at age 12, she is a victim, and yet this hatred is still directed at her.

This is not right folks, this is not normal, this is OCD hatred.
What? Who hates her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 04:00 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,570,759 times
When someone asks if god is going to forgive her, sure gives me the impression they also hate her.

Or is it the other way around?

Old 12-11-2011, 04:02 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,082,603 times
Who?

What about the current flock that claim to get messages from God while they live lives of extravagance?

Old 12-11-2011, 04:23 PM

7,108 posts, read 9,002,318 times
Why can't people let others rip without judgment. We cant possibly know where she is now any more so than we know where Martin Luther is or anyone else. Let it go!

Old 12-11-2011, 07:16 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,190,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
for the lies and contradictory statements she spreads in her books? I don't think she repented before she died, there is no indication that occurred.
Well god, please give us your final verdict and that would suffice.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:37 PM

659 posts, read 1,147,402 times
how could you possibly know if someone had repented of a "sin" before they died?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,942,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA View Post
Well god, please give us your final verdict and that would suffice.
He (being God) already did:

Rom 5:6 For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

Rom 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,

2Co 5:19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

So, let's recap here. Jesus died for her, justified her, and we're told that God was in Christ and reconciled her to Himself.

Sounds like good news to me... If she doesn't know, someone who does believe should tell her so.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:12 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,965,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
You also said... "A prophet is someone who claims to be speaking on behalf of God" And now you say you are 100% sure this is a message from God, through you...yet you aren't a prophet. You're contradicting yourself. If it came from God, it can't be wrong. So if it is wrong, it didn't come from God.
Every single one of us, who are the bride of the Messiah, are priests and have the ability to speak for God. He speaks through every single one of us, and we are all His messengers. His Holy Spirit is in us, and walks among us. The King, the head of the church, walks among His people (in His people).

Old 12-12-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
O-Ducky, I just want to say, you seem to be young, and possibly a new convert to the SDA church. If I'm wrong, forgive me.

You have every right to believe what you want. Just don't be afraid to study, when someone shows you what you believe is contradicting itself, or is wrong. Just study it.

Don't contradict yourself and facts (what a prophet is), just to make your beliefs be true.

May your search find you truth, and make you a better person for it.
lol.

I'm simply a disciple of Yahushua the Messiah, and have never been an SDA, nor was it because of Ellen G. White or the SDA denomination that I obeyed the truth. If any denomination gets the credit I guess it would have to be some Messianic brother who's book I stumbled accross, only after the Holy Spirit began revealing the truth to me.

Be Blessed.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
O Ducky, you believe Ellen G White, but don't believe Paul... the person who wrote the majority of the NT.

True. I believe and highly respect the person who leads many to righteousness, and consider false the person who is responsible for many considering the commandments as trash, and causing much sin.

In my opinion, Ellen G. White led and continues to lead many to righteousness.

Paul, leads many to disobedience and lawlessness.

You can't lead someone to Yahushua without leading them to His teachings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity