Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 PM

191 posts, read 809,940 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how my friend can get in touch with a Roman Catholic exorcist or "deliverance ministry" east of the Mississippi? He is a Catholic that is plagued by demons. Thanks in advance for your answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 06:09 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,269 times
They don't really do exorcisms a lot these days do to so many advances in what we know about mental disorders. I would go talk to a priest about it. They have to get approval from I guess the diocese? Maybe even further up. If it is necessary, perhaps a priest would come in and evaluate the situation for you and if one is not granted, maybe talking to a psychiatrist would be good for your friend...that could help even if it is a demonic issue, 'Mind Body and Spirit'. Also, you could request that he/she be put on the prayer list.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:37 AM

191 posts, read 809,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
They don't really do exorcisms a lot these days do to so many advances in what we know about mental disorders. I would go talk to a priest about it. They have to get approval from I guess the diocese? Maybe even further up. If it is necessary, perhaps a priest would come in and evaluate the situation for you and if one is not granted, maybe talking to a psychiatrist would be good for your friend...that could help even if it is a demonic issue, 'Mind Body and Spirit'. Also, you could request that he/she be put on the prayer list.
Thank you for your thoughtful response.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:07 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
There are places called Healing Rooms (not necessarily Catholic ... it's an interdenominational ministry) that may be of help to your friend. You can find out more about it at the following link, including whether or not there is one near your friend: Healing Rooms

Or you can simply google "healing room ministry" in whatever city for more options.

Here is a site that may answer some of his questions: "A Biblical Approach to the Ministry of Deliverance"

Old 08-24-2009, 11:05 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianbluesboy View Post
Does anyone know how my friend can get in touch with a Roman Catholic exorcist or "deliverance ministry" east of the Mississippi? He is a Catholic that is plagued by demons. Thanks in advance for your answers.
why just "Roman Catholic"? Jesus delivers souls from demonic possession and oppression. He told His disciples to go and do likewise, in His name.

Bob Larson ministries Welcome to Spiritual Freedom Church

Old 08-24-2009, 11:11 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,633,067 times
Quote:
Instead of wasting time posting to a website - try contacting your lcoal catholic church.

And now that I have your attention, let me add that the Catholic Church seldom carry out exorcisms.

Usually people claiming to be "possessed" are suffering from a psychological, rather than spiritual, problems.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:13 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,976 times
Ever since Jesus left the earth, no "demon" (evil spirit of an evil soul) is able to possess another person. It's impossible. The harmful spirit can attach itself to the aura of a person and that is entirely different. The spirit will only leave when the "possessed" person tells it to leave. No one can make it leave except him. He must be very forcefull to the spirit for it to leave. He must tell it that it is his body he is trapped in and that he must look for the brighter spirits that will help him.

Demons do not exist and if they did, it would only be in the mind and what the person projects them to be. This person must find his own light to shine and the spirits will go away. This person can also use white sage because the sage cleans the energy of the person and the home. It really does work. I've used it on my girlfriends house before and got rid of the spirits that were camped there.

I had a spirit attach itself to my aura and with force, I was able to get rid of it. No minister or any other interferrence was needed. I felt it leave my aura. I wasn't being manipulated, however, strange things did happen around my home.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:09 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,538 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Ever since Jesus left the earth, no "demon" (evil spirit of an evil soul) is able to possess another person. It's impossible. /quote]
Why do you call yourself a "reverend".

Act 19:11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:
Act 19:12-17 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. And there were seven sons of [one] Sceva, a Jew, [and] chief of the priests, which did so. And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:25 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Quote:

I'm not here to judge. If you can't find what you are looking for here, maybe someone can point you in the right direction. What is your friend name, maybe I can get my friends to pray. You can DM me if you like. Godspeed.

Catholic Church in East Lincoln Ms | JustClickLocal.com

Old 08-25-2009, 06:27 PM

33,549 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Seek psychiatric help.

Dissociative identity disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a single person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity