Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this belief blaspheme?
Yes 12 75.00%
No 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 07:40 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Right, or know how to choose good over evil and really appreciate and value it. What does having perfect health mean to someone who has never known illness or disease? Many fail to bless Him in the sunshine, but seek Him during the storms of life. God bless.
So God created Rapists and Child molesters so we can know this form of evil ?

I am not on your case Shana, but you need to address this if you believe that God created all evil so that we can see it for what it is, and want to be taken seriously on this point of view you have in regards to the root of evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 07:45 AM

14,905 posts, read 17,208,148 times
Pcamps, I was speaking to Richard on how we can appreciate goodness, know what is good by the seeing contrast with evil. I read in the scriptures that all is out of God and this is where my belief comes from. As I shared before, we differ on this, so just let it be.

Romans 11:36
36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

John 1:3
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:3all things through him did happen, and without him happened not even one thing that hath happened. (Young's Literal)

God bless.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Pcamps, I was speaking to Richard on how we can appreciate goodness, know what is good by the seeing contrast with evil. I read in the scriptures that all is out of God and this is where my belief comes from. As I shared before, we differ on this, so just let it be. God bless.
Shana I do not want to appear to being rude with you. I know you were talking to Richard, but this is an open forum, and we are sharing our beliefs and understanding of the scriptures, and I am fair game to have my beliefs and understanding of the scripture challenged.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:52 AM

Pcamps, we've talked about this at length and I would appreciate being able to share my belief without being hit over the head about it when I post. I do not plan to respond to these kinds of posts. I don't have to address anything, Pcamps, just as you have not addressed some things that I have posted to you. Thank you and God bless.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:54 AM

*8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Here the scriptures tell us that God made all kind of trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food.

Was the tree of knowledge of good and evil good for food ?.

Jesus said I Am the Bread of Life.

We need to let go of this idea that scripture is talking about literal trees and something outside of man. The fruit of the Spirit IS * love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Pcamps, we've talked about this at length and I would appreciate being able to share my belief without being hit over the head about it when I post. I do not plan to respond to these kinds of posts. I don't have to address anything, Pcamps, just as you have not addressed some things that I have posted to you. Thank you and God bless.
I am sorry if I feel you have been hit over the head by me. That was never my intention,I never feel that way my own beliefs are challenged, for the scripture tells me to be prepared to give an answer.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

And Shana I have actually told you that I respect the spirit in which you post.

Sorry

Pcamps

Old 01-14-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I am sorry if I feel you have been hit over the head by me. That was never my intention,I never feel that way my own beliefs are challenged, for the scripture tells me to be prepared to give an answer.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

And Shana I have actually told you that I respect the spirit in which you post.

Sorry

Pcamps
Pcamps, I have given answers and the reason for them, based in the scriptures but we keep going around in circles on this. I simply shared, that there are scriptures which say that all is out of God and so what else can I say about this, really? It's right there. Now, did I say that I understand it all? No, but that doesn't change the fact that this is what has been recorded and presented in the Old and New Testaments. I try to share how I can see that God uses evil for a purpose in the creation in light of the scriptures which say that all is out of Him. Why say that we are accusing God of anything as if He has done something wrong? The scriptures have presented that all is out of Him. This did not come from us.

Yes, I feel like those who have a different view on this have been hit over the head or spoken about as if we are children and do not know what we are doing or saying. We are not agreeing on everything so sometimes, you have to let it be because the challenging is not doing any good. It's not changing anyone's mind on this, Pcamps. I believe that God has to bring about any change that is going to take place in anyone on any side. I try not say that you are wrong about what you believe or how you believe when I disagree with what you believe. I try to share scriptures or information that let you know where I am coming from. I may not understand where you are coming from, but you have the right to express it. So that is why I say, let's agree to disagree on this.

This very thread is condemning (imo) of believers who have a different belief on this by saying that what we believe is blaspheming God. I hope you can understand but thank you. God bless.

blaspheme -a definition- 1. ( tr ) to show contempt or disrespect for (God, a divine being, or sacred things), esp in speech 2. ( intr ) to utter profanities, curses, or impious expressions [C14: from Late Latin blasphēmāre , from Greek blasphēmein from blasphēmos blasphemous ]
to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things).
2. to speak evil of; slander; abuse. (Dictionary.com)

1. ( tr ) to show contempt or disrespect for (God, a divine being, or sacred things), esp in speech 2. ( intr ) to utter profanities, curses

To show contempt or disrespect for God, a divine being or sacred things, esp. in speech (World Dictionary

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-14-2012 at 08:57 AM..

Old 01-14-2012, 09:08 AM

It is said without evil how can one know what is good ?.

If you want to know how good good IS look to Jesus. I have set the LORD continually before me(the Lord is good). Psalm 16:8

I will set before my eyes no vile thing. Psalm 101:3

Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Set you affections on things from above.

brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Seeing evil does not magnify good, seeing the Life that is the Light to all men does.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:28 AM

63,941 posts, read 40,210,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What one of a human designer would build his invention without first putting to paper and through formulae ensure that it will operate exactly the way that he intends it to operate BEFORE creating the finished product?...If so, how much more would our Creator do the same?...
This mechanistic view is wrong . . . Life is NOT mechanical. God is Life. God is Love. God is Moral. Morality requires free agency to make choices between Good and Evil. If God controls the choices . . . they are NOT free and there is no Morality. Without God there is no morality . . . and without morality there is no God and no point to Life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Gen 50:20 And you, you intended evil against me, but God meant it for good, in order to make it as it is this day, to keep a great many people alive.

So it seems that Hawyaw and Joseph's brothers were 'weaving' the same plan the only difference is that, tho it turned out the same, is that his brothers did it with maliciousness and the end being that Joseph would die a slave in Egypt, however Hawyaw did the same thing but to same a many people...In both scenarios, Joseph had to endure the same sequence of events, for those events were intended/meant by two parties, however with different ends in mind...So, did Hawyaw put this 'intention' into the hearts of Joseph's brothers to do what they did?...Where did the source of their thoughts come from?...If nothing has it's existence outside of Hawyaw, I'd say that that would include thoughts or intent...Look at Bobby Fisher, how, as a child, he would play both sides of the board with 'equal' intent...However, only one side of the board would become victorious, so, in essence, he was the victor no matter what, and also the loser, no matter what....
No . . . God did NOT PUT anything in the minds of the brothers . . . their selfish and envious animal nature did. God will guide or influence . . . but always to suppress Evil . . . NEVER to tempt us to Evil. Yes . . . God is responsible for our having an animal nature . . . but NOT so we will DO Evil to achieve Good. We have it so we can experience the need to decide between Good and Evil and suppress the Evil. Our animal nature does NOT discriminate. The way we grow and strengthen our eternal Spirit is through the conflict between a drive from our animal nature to do Evil that must be met with an equally strong drive from our Spirit to prevent us from acting. That is how God made our animal nature necessary . . . but the ONLY end result He EVER wants is for our strong Spirit to prevent Evil.

God does NOT use the existence of actual Evil for Good. He uses the drive to do Evil as the spiritual mechanism that strengthens our Spirit to do Good. When you say God uses Evil to do Good . . . you are confusing the failures of human Will that produce the actual Evil in the world with God's intent. God's DESIGN is using the process of DENYING EVIL to strengthen our embryo Spirit to develop it enough to be reborn as Spirit upon our death. God does NOT produce or use actual Evil . . . that is the result of our failures to deny Evil, period!

Old 01-14-2012, 10:41 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,407,564 times
"The beast nature in us insists on having its own way, overcome it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity