Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this belief blaspheme?
Yes 12 75.00%
No 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:07 PM

14,900 posts, read 17,191,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What was the attitude of the Son of God towards evil when in this world? I do not mean He became chargeable with sin, as the appointed sacrifice by which it was to be put away, but the way He met evil at the hands of men as He walked the path which ended in the cross. Why did He not resist it? Why did He submit to the indignities wicked men heaped upon him? The answer to these questions is in His recognition of the fact -- that all things are of God, and that evil and good alike are under His control, and working out His will. We have an example as to how evil was regarded by the Lord Jesus in John 18:11, when the officers with a band of men came to take Him. Peter, to defend his Master, drew sword and cut off the ear of the high priest's servant. Jesus said, "Put up thy sword into its sheath. The cup which My heavenly Father hath given Me, shall I not drink?" Again, in the judgment hall before Pilate, the Roman governor said unto Him, "Knowest Thou not that I have power to crucify Thee or to release Thee?" Jesus said unto him, "Thou couldst have no power at all against Me except it were given thee from above" (John 19:11). In 1 Peter 2:22,23, we are told that "He did no sin, neither was guile found in His mouth, Who, when He suffered, threatened not, when He was reviled, reviled not again, but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously."

W.H. Walker

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-16-2012 at 01:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM

Hi shana
Quote:
Our faith I believe in accordance with scripture is developed by putting faith into his word and not our circumstances. His word never fails, it never brings sin,sickness or poverty into our lives.
Pcamps, I didn't say that we put faith in our circumstances. We have faith in God despite our circumstances, regardless of our circumstances, in all circumstances, we learn to cling to God. Don't you see the difference? God uses our circumstances to teach us to have faith in Him and in His word. We learn to trust in God in all circumstances, no matter what they are by trusting in Him and yes trusting in His word. When we look at Jesus when He suffered and experienced evil, we see how He trusted in God despite what was happening to Him and in all that happened to Him. We are His body and should have the same attitude. Nothing deterred Him from trusting in God and doing God's will. And He learned obedience in His sufferings. So there was purpose for His suffering, for the evil that came on Him. And God brought the evil on Him through the hands of those who killed Him.

Hebrews 5: "7 [a]In the days of His flesh, [b]He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him [c]from death, and He [d]was heard because of His piety. 8 Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. 9 (NAS)

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-16-2012 at 12:36 PM..

Old 01-16-2012, 01:05 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi shana

Pcamps, I didn't say that we put faith in our circumstances. We have faith in God despite our circumstances, regardless of our circumstances, in all circumstances, we learn to cling to God. Don't you see the difference? God uses our circumstances to teach us to have faith in Him and in His word. We learn to trust in God in all circumstances, no matter what they are by trusting in Him and yes trusting in His word. When we look at Jesus when He suffered and experienced evil, we see how He trusted in God despite what was happening to Him and in all that happened to Him. We are His body and should have the same attitude. Nothing deterred Him from trusting in God and doing God's will. And He learned obedience in His sufferings. So there was purpose for His suffering, for the evil that came on Him. And God brought the evil on Him through the hands of those who killed Him.

Hebrews 5: "7 [a]In the days of His flesh, [b]He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him [c]from death, and He [d]was heard because of His piety. 8 Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. 9 (NAS)

God bless.
Hi Shana you have to to some extent,if God is bringing about the circumstances in your life. Are you not resisting the will of God also, if you do not accept what is in your life is His will ?.

God uses his word to teach us Shana, not circumstances. This is clear throughout scripture.

Blessed his the man whose delight is in the law of the LORD,
***and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
***which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
***whatever they do prospers. Psalm 1

Open my eyes that I may see
***wonderful things in your law. Psalm 119:18

Old 01-16-2012, 01:09 PM

Pcamps, and this scripture says:

Quote:
Hi Shana you have to to some extent,if God is bringing about the circumstances in your life. Are you not resisting the will of God also, if you do not accept what is in your life is His will ?.
What? We put our faith in God, not in our circumstances. God also brings the rain and the sunshine but I don't put my faith in them, Pcamps.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-16-2012 at 01:19 PM..

Old 01-16-2012, 01:13 PM

And this scripture says:

James 1 2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various [c]trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces [d]endurance. 4 And let [e]endurance have its perfect [f]result, so that you may be [g]perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

God bless.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
And this scripture says:

James 1 2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various [c]trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces [d]endurance. 4 And let [e]endurance have its perfect [f]result, so that you may be [g]perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

God bless.
These things I have spoken to you, that in me ye may have peace, in the world ye shall have tribulation, but take courage -- I have overcome the world.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Pcamps, and this scripture says:

What? We put our faith in God, not in our circumstances. God also brings the rain and the sunshine but I don't put my faith in them, Pcamps.

God bless.

Shana how do you discern what is his will for your life if you believe He is behind all that befalls you in your life, whether that be good or evil.if disaster befalls you do you accept it, and are you not resisting God if you even think to pray and believe your way out of it ?.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
These things I have spoken to you, that in me ye may have peace, in the world ye shall have tribulation, but take courage -- I have overcome the world.
Amen. God bless.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Shana how do you discern what is his will for your life if you believe He is behind all that befalls you in your life, whether that be good or evil.if disaster befalls you do you accept it, and are you not resisting God if you even think to pray and believe your way out of it ?.
What did Jesus do, Pcamps, when He had to face what was going to happen? I am learning to pray that His will be done in all things. It may be His will for some disaster to come upon me and take my life or it may be His will to bring me through it safely. Either way, may His will be done.

Consider it all joy brethren..and as Paul teaches:

2 Corinthians 12
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

God bless.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,137,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

I believe WE cause all those you listed Lego. I would never lay that charge to God, blessed be His name. Like I would never charge God with creating rapists and child molesters.It is our own guilty consciences that accuse God of this stuff.

We eat the fruit of our own words. Our words are seeds and we reap from the seeds sown

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Never doubt the power of our words.
I don't really understand your answer pcamps...

How did we cause tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes, heat waves, freezing cold, snow storms, sand storms, torrential rain, pestilence, drought and famine? Sorry, that makes no sense...

I mean, why do those things even exist in the first place? Was God creating the earth, and thinking man this place needs a few good natural disasters... or perhaps God is cursing us for causing all these natural disasters he didn't intend? I don't understand what you are thinking here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity