Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,519,292 times

Advertisements

About The Way International
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 11:43 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,768,528 times
I'm not sure what that link was for other than to point out the obvious individuals that have fleeced their flocks. Nothing new there. However still keeping in mind observance of the original Feasts and Festivals of YHVH and the REAL Sabbath was NEVER changed by YHVH. Man changed it or more to the point the Church of Rome and their pagan Emperor buddy Constantine did it in the Council Of Leodicea. Just goes to show ya men screw things up every time

Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 PM

144 posts, read 149,477 times
Michael Rood has had nothing to do with the Way for 8 to 10 years. Picked up, packed up and got out of WAY, didn't agree with the teachings or the way that they did business. You can't steal a mans work and get away with it. Amen, dcisive. That's the problem, some folks don't want to know the truth. Makes them uncomfortable. Constantine wanted to remove any thing that had any Jewishness to it. When we look at Yeshua/Jesus, He kept the Feasts, He kept the Sabbath, and He kept the Commandants. If you want to call worshiping Ya./GOD a cult, then I think that I don't want to be in your shoes. W.M. God has blessed many that wanted to find more than what we are given in our churches, that is if you are willing to learn and search the scriptures. In the love of Ya. be blessed

Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,768,528 times
It's even stated how "Yahushua went into the Synagogue on the Sabbath (Saturday on the Greco Roman calendar) "as was HIS custom". There is NO denying that Messiah Yahushua was a Yahudite and acted accordingly but without the man made junk the Pharisee's were heaping on the people. HE tried to straighten out the kinks in the Hebrew faith, HE did NOT create a new religion called christianity. Men did but then men love to create religions don't they....

Old 02-22-2012, 09:11 AM

Men like to think that they know more than Yah./God. Religion has done more harm than good. Yes it is man made, dcisive. Yahsua did not intend for all the denominational fractures in the Gospel. We are to be ONE in Messiah, not I am of Peter, I am of Paul, I am of Baptist, I am of Church of Christ, and so on. The link that was up about the name of Jesus. The Greek (Iesous) is the name used before King James English. (Yahsua or Yahushua) was the name used before the Greek translation. However the Greeks had a difficulty, because there was no letter J in the Greek or the Hebrew alphabet at the time, nor is it in the Hebrew now. Yah or (Y) is the letter sound used in Hebrew for (J) in English. Yah, is our salvation, the meaning of the name, to paraphrase it simply. At times I have spelled it (Yeshua), not necessarily the correct spelling. If you really want to get down to it look at where the name Jesus came into being, the Roman Catholic Church is the first to use (Jesus) as the name for the Messiah. In the 1611 King James Bible the spelling is (Iesus). In the 1769 King James Oxford Bible Iesus was left behind and Jesus was used. I hope that in trying to learn MORE about Messiah, is leading me to greater understanding of the scripture.

Last edited by standingdeer; 02-22-2012 at 10:12 AM..

Old 02-22-2012, 09:39 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,891,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post

Do you feel that Rood is permanently and irrepairably "glued" to the "Way", despite his having left the movement years ago?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:05 AM

I know it's been a while, but The Way, was part of a path that Mr. Rood was on to bring him closer to YHVH. I guess REPENT isn't in some folks vocabulary. Oh! Maybe that I shouldn't say that. Any way, some do correct the way that they are going. I find Mr. Roods teaching quite refreshing, its good to have an idea of the history and life style of my Savior.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:51 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,255,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Its hard to understand how good, intelligent people fall for schills like this guy. And the HR movement seems to be full of these guys and if you listen to them on shortwave radio many sound really crazy. However we as Christians know in the last days there will be many false witnesses, false prophets who seek to deceive even the very elect. And not all will be big names like Graham, Hinn, the Pope ect.

Michael Rood | Apologetics Index
I have not yet read through this thread -- only partially -- but Watchman is right-on. Rood was in a town I lived in for a while. He claims to be a Hebrew teacher and does not know far too many of the elementary ideas of the subject, including the fact that he can't even pronounce too many of the simplest of Hebrew words and terms. Yet he wants to call himself a "Rabbi."

He is like far too many people who desire an audience and some kind of respect they cannot get legitimately, who desire a leadership, so they tack on that title, "Rabbi," with absolutely NO legitimate reasoning, NO education, NO true commitment. Rood is NOT a rabbi, and he should be ashamed to try to claim that he is.

He left behind, in our local book shop, his books. In one, he made a statement that Messiah was returning in a particular year, I believe in a particular month that I cannot now recall. I saw that book in the store a couple years after the date. I said to the proprietor what I needed to say.

Rood is a false prophet and needs to be treated as one.

Last edited by VelcroQueen; 05-28-2012 at 12:10 AM..

Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,338,192 times
I went to a church a few weeks ago who claim to follow their Hebrew Roots. They don't say Jesus the say Yeshua, and they have church on Saturday and adhere to dietary wisdom of the Old Testament. I found it interesting. I don't think we need Hebrew to be saved, but if it helps your faith then follow your heart, but don't get judgmental if I don't. Jesus... works just fine for me

Old 05-28-2012, 04:57 PM

V.Q
Which book are you speaking of? I have all the books and most of his videos. Don't recall him setting any dates. As for him calling himself rabbi, he teaches that the Bible and Yeshua/Jesus, say's to call no man rabbi. In the 8 years that we have listened to him, I have never heard him call or refer to himself as rabbi. Even in the teachings that I have gone to I have never heard it. I have however read lot of false statements, that come from folks who don't really check out what they read. Get the answers from the horse mouth. He teaches from the Bible, and HEBREW HISTORY also The Hebrew Roots of our faith. He teaches Torah/N.T. I'am one that looks at things before I make a judgment call, not to judge the person, but what that person is teaching. I don't always take to heart what others say, but I look also at the person.

Sun Queen,
No, we don't have to be Hebrew to be saved. When you come to Yeshua/Jesus you are grafted in by His Blood. Yes, we keep the Sabbath as YHVH commands us to. We also keep Bible Kosher.
When we speak of Hebrew Roots, Yeshua/Jesus was Hebrew. Our Salvation Comes Out Of ZION. So we are learning all we can about Time, YHVH'S Time, History,Torah, Prophets, Old And New. We lift up the name of Yahovah and give Him the Glory. May His Shalom be upon you. (PEACE)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity