Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,797,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
I am unemployed doing freelance work. I just can't seem to make enough money to survive and cover even the most basic necessities. I have been unemployed since 2009. I am beginning to wonder if God's plans for my life are actually good.

I am stuck in this area because I have no money to move. My area has no jobs so I would like to move. Even the grocery stores in my area are not hiring and one closed. My cousin got laid off from WAL-MART.

I am just wondering if I have any reason to have hope for the future. It just seems to me like I am stuck in this unemployment hell hole and there is no way out.
I think that your (and mine and everyone else's) life situation falls under the category of "free will" aka tough bananas.

The message of Jesus is one of personal morality. If you are right with God and right with your fellow humankind then you gain eternal life.

God does not promise you anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 03:46 PM

9,694 posts, read 10,033,758 times
Jesus said in Matthew 6: 33...``Seek you first the kingdom of God , and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you```...... See first people need to repent and receive Jesus Spirit into their bodies and then have a trusted faith that the Lord will receive , then the people need to obey the commands of Jesus Christ.... then they need to sow charity to the Lord and have a faith to receive from the Lord Jesus .... As Jesus says in a promise `Give and it will be given to you good measure, pressed down shaken together, and running over``..from Luke 6: 38..... Then after you do all these thing the Lord says , he will have a job for these people and money in their pockets and money to give into His charity to Jesus By faith ..... See the money the faithful has comes from Jesus and him alone no matter which source Jesus uses , by your boss or by a bank , or comes from Jesus and all belongs to Jesus ...... For the world , Jesus see the government selling out the workers by free trade agreement with poor countries and countries about to crash which Jesus is not the author , and Jesus does have a plan with the world ....As the harlot of babylon and the false prophet manipulate men to be covetousness and greed markets were the rich get richer and the poor stay poor ...... But Jesus keeps us on a plan which seems endless as it has being a 10 years down turn in the economies and only the rich are richer ...... So turn to Jesus and he will keep His own

Old 02-04-2012, 05:37 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,226,930 times
Quote:
I am unemployed doing freelance work. I just can't seem to make enough money to survive and cover even the most basic necessities. I have been unemployed since 2009. I am beginning to wonder if God's plans for my life are actually good.

I am stuck in this area because I have no money to move. My area has no jobs so I would like to move. Even the grocery stores in my area are not hiring and one closed. My cousin got laid off from WAL-MART.

I am just wondering if I have any reason to have hope for the future. It just seems to me like I am stuck in this unemployment hell hole and there is no way out.

I went through a similar situation back in 2008 when I first got laid off. I too started freelancing to try and make ends meet, and was wondering when that that “job” I had been praying for was ever going to show up.

It was during my prayer and seeking GOD that I realized he was preparing me for my own business. I had always treated the “freelance” work I was doing just as something to “get me by” until my “real” job showed up. It wasn't until I started treating my freelance work like a “real business” that I started making the money (and then some) that I truly needed.

This may sound simple, but actually it is our “minds” that often times hold us back. When I had an “unemployed” mindset everything looked bleak and there was no light in sight. However, when I changed my mindset into a “business person” everything started changing. I started seeking GOD more and he showed me how to identify opportunities and market myself.

Today, I could never imagine working for anyone again.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:14 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,188,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
YES!!!!!!! God spoke me so many times when I got laid off in 2004 with this verse.......Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope".

One of my favorite bible verses...
Sometimes when we are in the midst of the storm, we can't see the plan God has for us. Try to hang on to your faith- He will bring you through this

Old 02-04-2012, 07:02 PM

14,898 posts, read 17,188,625 times
Redroses777, I hope and pray that your situation gets better soon and that you will continue to look for work, trusting God to open a door for you. Can you use this as a time to draw closer to Him and to pour out your heart and feelings to Him. Have hope in Him even in the midst of the storms of life, no matter what happens. He cares for you and knows what you are going through. Sometimes the trials of life draw us closer to Him and teach us things that we may not have learned before. I think of what Paul said in Philippian 4,

" for I have learned to be [h]content in whatever circumstances I am. 12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. 13 I can do all things [i]through Him who strengthens me."

When things get really hard for me personally I try to think about people who don't have anything at all, not even a sturdy home to live in, or food to eat for the day. And this is every day for them, having no clothes, or warmth, no place to shower or anything like this. They are the strong ones to me. They have nothing but they go on day to day. I am not minimizing what you are going through and I will keep you in my prayers, that something will open soon and also that you will be strengthened on the inside. God bless you.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:05 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,684,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnHarris View Post
I went through a similar situation back in 2008 when I first got laid off. I too started freelancing to try and make ends meet, and was wondering when that that “job” I had been praying for was ever going to show up.

It was during my prayer and seeking GOD that I realized he was preparing me for my own business. I had always treated the “freelance” work I was doing just as something to “get me by” until my “real” job showed up. It wasn't until I started treating my freelance work like a “real business” that I started making the money (and then some) that I truly needed.

This may sound simple, but actually it is our “minds” that often times hold us back. When I had an “unemployed” mindset everything looked bleak and there was no light in sight. However, when I changed my mindset into a “business person” everything started changing. I started seeking GOD more and he showed me how to identify opportunities and market myself.

Today, I could never imagine working for anyone again.
Thanks, this is good advice. I would love to switch from freelance writing to freelance tutoring. Pays better.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:08 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,296,816 times
Quote:

God has a plan for everyone however, things are not just handed to you. You have to put forth the effort and work toward a goal and God will guide you. You can't sit on the couch and wait for God or an opportunity to knock on your door because that is not going to happen.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:18 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,930,818 times
Well, not knowing your circumstances, I can only think of one possible suggestion.
1.Borrow some money from friends or family.
2. Move to an area that has excellent job opportunities, and there are quite a few.
3. Take whatever job you can, and start from there.
4. Start paying back the money.

I can't think of a reason this doesn't work. Indigent people move around all the time, stay at homeless shelter food kitchens etc. and survive. I'm sure many Salvation Army locations would help you out in these areas with many job opportunities. If you have a car you could even sleep in your car to get where your going. I always say, "where there's a will, there's a way."

Old 02-05-2012, 09:30 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,166 times
Quote:

I know exactly how you feel...try not to lose hope...there is something out there for you. The AmeriCorps might have something that interests you...May also cover cost of relocation...Take a look, you never know...
Hang in there!

Snip:

AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. It’s a chance to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting critical needs in the community.

Benefits of Service

As an AmeriCorps member, you’ll gain new skills and experiences—and you’ll also find the tremendous satisfaction that comes from helping others. In addition, full-time members who complete their service earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award to pay for college, graduate school, or to pay back qualified student loans; members who serve part-time receive a partial Award. Some AmeriCorps members may also receive a modest living allowance during their term of service.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,337 times
Well, I put forth effort, and worked for twenty years, and then went to school and got three degrees -- and what I got for it was eventually being forced to live in the street. Sixteen straight months of rejection for everything, even Wal-Mart, who is not hiring someone who's in midlife and has three degrees and three languages. I'm just about at the end of the rope now. At least if you're dead you can't be humiliated anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity