Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:29 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times

Advertisements

2 Samuel 22:32
For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God?

2 Samuel 22:47
“The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior!

Psalm 68:20
Our God is a God who saves

Speaking of Jesus:

Acts 4:12
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

The Triune God is the only God that will save

Old 01-31-2012, 09:56 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Speaking of Jesus:

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

Amen....

Old 01-31-2012, 10:20 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Speaking of Jesus:

Old 01-31-2012, 10:34 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Let people not be deceived, some people teach that you cannot be saved unless you embrace the doctrine of the trinity. To them believing in the God and Jesus Christ spoken of in the scriptures is not enough, you have to agree to the doctrinal attempt to describe Gods nature as well. None of those assertions can be found in scripture.

There is nothing really wrong with the trinity doctrine as an attempt to understand the nature of the oneness of God, but there is nothing in scripture that makes believing this attempt required for salvation. Evidence of that is that none of the scriptures you use say anything about a triune God.

Not believing entirely in the trinity as most people teach has nothing to do with a rejection of God or Jesus Christ told about in the holy bible.

Ti 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

1Jn 4:14 . And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:35 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Think about it for a moment, if Jesus was the God with us, then the God He prayed to on the Cross was the God not with us.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 PM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
Quote:
Let people not be deceived, some people teach that you cannot be saved unless you embrace the doctrine of the trinity. To them believing in the God and Jesus Christ spoken of in the scriptures is not enough, you have to agree to the doctrinal attempt to describe Gods nature as well. None of those assertions can be found in scripture.

There is nothing really wrong with the trinity doctrine as an attempt to understand the nature of the oneness of God, but there is nothing in scripture that makes believing this attempt required for salvation. Evidence of that is that none of the scriptures you use say anything about a triune God.

Not believing entirely in the trinity as most people teach has nothing to do with a rejection of God or Jesus Christ told about in the holy bible.

Ti 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

1Jn 4:14 . And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.
Amen. You do not have to believe in the Trinity to belong to Christ, to be saved, to have a relationship with God, to walk in the Light and the Truth. There is one Supreme invisible God who is over all. Jesus came to reveal Him but He has told us that His Father is greater than He is. I believe Him.

1 Cor. 8
"4Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;

5for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth -- as there are gods many and lords many -- 6yet to us [is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom [are] the all things, and we through Him; "

Amen. The scriptures do not each that you must believe in the Trinity to be saved. God bless.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:01 PM

John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 [a]He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [b]comprehend it. (NAS)

In the beginning was (the) Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word. He was in the beginning with God. All things through Him came into being, and without him came into being not even one (thing) that has come into being." Interlinear Greek English NT

1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word.
2 This was in the beginning toward God.
3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being" (Concordant Literal)

Many believers and I am one of them, believe that there are variances in this translation. The word was with God and God was the word. This means that the word, what God wanted to reveal, was who He was. This is explained in John 1: 18 when the scriptures say that Jesus has explained God. Jesus came to tell us who God is, and so this is the message - who the One and Only True God is. Jesus always pointed to the One and Only True God and came to reveal Him, so this goes along with the understanding that the message was - God.

John 18 God no one has ever seen. The only-begotten God, Who is in the bosom of the Father, He unfolds Him (Concordant Literal)

John 18God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father -- He did declare. (Young's Literal)

John 18 God no one has seen at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He declared (him) Interlinear Greek/New Testament

Translations of the verse vary. Jesus was called God and God the Father gave Him this right to be called God because He acts on behalf of God. He has been given all power and authority and He is the exact representation of the nature of the invisible God. He existed in the form of God. All that we are to know about the One and Only True God is seen in Jesus, the Son, the only begotten God. The Supreme God gave Him this right and this power. Amen.

But Jesus knew what the source was:

for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of My own accord,
but He sent Me." [ John 8:42]

"So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not Mine, but His who
sent Me" [John 7:16]

"And the Father Himself, which hath sent Me, hath borne witness of
Me. Ye have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His shape. [John 5:37]

"And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good
but God alone." [Mr 10:18]

"And I do not seek My own glory; there is One who seeks and judges." [John 8:50]

John 8:54-56 Jesus answered, "If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, 'He is our God';

John 17:3: Now this is *eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

*eternal=aionios

John 5:26: For as the Father has life in himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself.

God has given Jesus the right to be called God because He acts on His behalf and is His representative, which has been shared earlier.

Hebrews 1: 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, 2 [a]in these last days has spoken to us [b]in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the [c]world. 3 [d]And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and [e]upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they.

The invisible Supreme God is revealed in Jesus, who is the exact image and representation of the invisible God. An image is not the original.

One who is fully God, has no God. Even with all that the Father has given Him and even though He existed in the form of God, Jesus does have a God, and has said that all that He has was given to Him, by the Father. He has also said that the Father is greater than He is. The Absolute, Supreme God has no God. No one is above Him and He is greater than the Son, through Him He made all things.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-31-2012 at 06:15 PM..

Old 01-31-2012, 06:28 PM

All three Persons are associated together on an equal basis in numerous passages:

Jesus' baptism—Matthew 3:13-17 (voice of the Father, Son baptized, Spirit descending like a dove).

Salvation—1 Peter 1:2 (chosen by the Father, sanctified by the Spirit, sprinkled with the blood of Jesus).

Sanctification—2 Corinthians 13:14 (grace of the Lord Jesus, love of God, fellowship of the Holy Spirit).

Christian Baptism—Matthew 28:19 (baptized in one name, yet three Persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).

Prayer—Ephesians 3:14-21 (strengthened by his Spirit, know the love of Christ, filled with the fullness of God).

Christian Growth—2 Thessalonians 2:13 (chosen by God, loved by the Lord, sanctified by the Spirit).

Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 PM

Hi, Jesus has told us that the Father is greater than He is and I believe Him.

John 14

27 Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. 28 You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 Now I have told you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-31-2012 at 07:04 PM..

Old 01-31-2012, 07:05 PM

Is it just me, or is there an obvious correlation between not believing in the Tri-Unity of God and believing in universal restoration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.