Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:38 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times

Advertisements

As one goes thru the NT one finds scripture which indicates Jesus is God, the Son of God and the Son of man. Is it possible for God to be in two places at once? Seems possible to me. Hmm,

John 1:1 &14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Psalm 139:7-12 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in sheol, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall[a] on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;

And this Holy Spirit. Is it not the Spirit of God? Is it not written that God is Spirit? Is it possible for God to be in three places at once? Seems possible to me. I would even bet that God can be in four, even five places at once.

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Romans 8:9-11 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

And who or what is the Spirit of Christ? The Holy Spirit? I think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
As one goes thru the NT one finds scripture which indicates Jesus is God, the Son of God and the Son of man. Is it possible for God to be in two places at once? Seems possible to me. Hmm,

John 1:1 &14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Psalm 139:7-12 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in sheol, behold, You are there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall[a] on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
12 Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;

And this Holy Spirit. Is it not the Spirit of God? Is it not written that God is Spirit? Is it possible for God to be in three places at once? Seems possible to me. I would even bet that God can be in four, even five places at once.

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Romans 8:9-11 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

And who or what is the Spirit of Christ? The Holy Spirit? I think so.
Using another pair of options in the definition of the Greek pneuma (vital principle, mental disposition) it reads like this:

Romans 8:9-11 But you are not in the flesh but in the <vital principle>, if indeed the <mental disposition> of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the <mental disposition> of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the <mental disposition> is life because of righteousness. But if the < mental disposition> of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His <mental disposition> that dwells in you.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:00 PM

11 posts, read 52,040 times
Throughout the ancient world, as far back as babylonia, the worship of pagan gods grouped in threes, or triads was common. That influence was also prevalent in Egypt, Greece, and Rome in the centuries before, during, and after Christ. And after the death of the Aapostles, such pagan beliefs began to invade Christianity.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:29 PM

11 posts, read 52,040 times
When Jesus gave his prophecy about the end of this system of things, he stated, But of that day or the hour no one knowes, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Had Jesus been the equal Son part of a Godhead, he would have known what the Father knowns. But Jesus did not know, for he was not equal to God.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:46 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Using another pair of options in the definition of the Greek pneuma (vital principle, mental disposition) it reads like this:

Romans 8:9-11 But you are not in the flesh but in the <vital principle>, if indeed the <mental disposition> of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the <mental disposition> of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the <mental disposition> is life because of righteousness. But if the < mental disposition> of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His <mental disposition> that dwells in you.
Excellent study, Kat.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Jesus said... "Where two or three are gathered together, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20

Stop right now and consider how many in this world are there two or three gathered....
Jesus specifically says "I" (as in personally)... not my energy force mystical enlightenment voodoo
...how is that possible unless Jesus was Omni present when only God is Omni present

If that wasn't big enough.. God says:
Ephesians 4:10
He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.

"in order to fill the whole universe." ...how is that possible unless Jesus was Omni present

Last edited by twin.spin; 06-30-2011 at 04:06 PM..

Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
The Lord is Omni-present, who can be in many place at the same time , See there is No distance in the Spirit Like that of the Earth natural realm .... And the Lord is supernatural and can go to places that the devil can not even go ..... In Psalms 139: 7-12.... A Psalm of David says .....``Whether will I go from the Spirit? ....or Whether will I flee from your presence?..... If I ascend up to Heaven you are there, if I make my bed in Hell , look you are there.... If I take the wings of the morning , and go to the uttermost parts of the sea.... Even there will your hand lead me , and your right hand hold me ... If I say Surely the darkness will cover me, even the night will be light around me....Hay, the darkness hides not from you..but the night shines as the day, the darkness and the light are both alike to you...``.....

Old 06-30-2011, 03:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA 1947 View Post
When Jesus gave his prophecy about the end of this system of things, he stated, But of that day or the hour no one knowes, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Had Jesus been the equal Son part of a Godhead, he would have known what the Father knowns. But Jesus did not know, for he was not equal to God.
Godhead is another word for diety.
Colossians 2:9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,”
The greek word #2320 for diety is
G2320

èåüôçò
theoteôs
theh-ot'-ace
From G2316; divinity (abstractly):—godhead.

notice that it is derived from the greek work # 2316 (which is used for God)

G2316

èåüò
theos
theh'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity;
figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very:—X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -
ward].

The Triune God (the deity of Jesus) is one of the many deep understanding of God, which can only be understood by the Holy Spirit revealing it 1 Corinthians 2:9-11 .

And because of that those who are truly God's accept that because Jesus promises that all things will be taught to those who have the Spirit John 14:26

Old 06-30-2011, 03:37 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Of course he can! I was just reading in the Bible where he says he watches us ALL from Heaven.

Psalm 11:4
The LORD is in his holy temple; the LORD is on his heavenly throne. He observes the sons of men; his eyes examine them.

Job 28:24
For he views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens.

How could he possibly watch all 6 billion of us? Of course he could! He is God! He created the Earth and the stars and the heavens! Watching every human being is pretty much pie for him. And if he can do that, then he must be able to appear to each of us individually. Didn't he say

Joel 2:28
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

How could he pour out his spirit on all flesh if he didn't appear in some form to each of us? Not to mention the millions of people that he has appeared to in dreams and visions. I've heard many Muslims in middle eastern countries have had dreams of him and accepted him as their savior.

Quote:

I read a testimony online once about a woman who was taken to Heaven. She asked him this specific question if he can appear at different places at will and he told her yes! He does this because he #1 loves us and wants us to get to know him on an even more personal level than ever before. And #2 all of our questions that we've ever had are answered in Heaven and what better way to get them then through asking the man of all time himself? All you have to do is call him and he is there. But in Heaven you don't even have to meet Jesus face-to-face to get answers. You will get them instantly by telepathy! Yes, it truly exist in Heaven! All you have to do is think of a question and you receive an answer from the Lord by telepathy instantly! But that's just 1 of MANY wonderful and exciting things that awaits us in Heaven!

Old 03-16-2012, 02:25 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,991,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA 1947 View Post
Quote:
Had Jesus been the equal Son part of a Godhead, he would have known what the Father knowns. But Jesus did not know, for he was not equal to God.
This kind of a remark and or thinking shows us it's important to understand the customs of the day and the feasts etc celebrated at that time [and are still celebrated today].

There is a Jewish feast called 'no man knows the day.' The reason for this is the feast cannot began til the first sliver of the new moon is sighted. So Messiah wasn't saying He didn't know the day of hour of His return, but making mention of this feast as an example of how His return will come on unbelievers/ those not looking or watching i.e as a surprise.

How do we know this? He goes on to explain what that day will be like in the following verses of chap. 24 and there are many other places where He speaks of that day in detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity