Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 04:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,107 times

Advertisements

Is belief in the (T)trinity an necessary part of Christian doctrine?

Old 11-23-2013, 05:06 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0penSeek3r View Post
Jesus, according to gospel writer John, is the faithful witness of Revelation 1 v 5; 3 v 14. There John writes that Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God. How could Jesus be a creation and be the Creator?

The Creator [ singular ] is from everlasting [ Psalm 90 v 2 ] meaning God had No beginning.
Whereas, Jesus had a beginning as the beginning of the creation by God.- Proverbs 8 vs 22-31
There is No Scripture that says Jesus was before the beginning as God was before the beginning.
Jesus was in the beginning [ start ] but Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.

There is No Scripture that calls God and Jesus as being a neuter ' it '.
God and Jesus are always in the masculine, whereas God's spirit at Numbers 11 vs 16,17,25 is a neuter ' it '.
God sends forth His spirit ' it ' [ Psalm 104 v 30 ] and Never does the spirit send forth God.

According to John, the heavenly resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he is Son according to Rev. 2 v 18.
At what point then would someone inform Jesus that he is really Not the Son of God ?
Doesn't Jesus still think he has a God over him according to Rev. 3 v 12 ?
Doesn't Jesus have his own throne according to Rev. 3 v 21?

Did anyone ever see Jesus ? According to John 'No one can see God and live'.- 1st John 4 v 12; 1 v 18; Ex. 33 v 20

So, the non-biblical teachings about a triune god or a triad god is Not found in Scripture, but a teaching of men.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:36 PM

264 posts, read 351,018 times
The Father, The Word and the Holy Ghost are ONE God.

Lord and LORD are still God
Gen 15:1-8
15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?
3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.
4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
7 And he said unto him, I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it.
8 And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?
KJV

Jesus is Lord and Lord GOD and the Father is LORD and God Almighty but when you read it you just believe it to be GOD no matter which one either the LORD or the Word who is Lord GOD.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:40 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Psalm 110 v 1 mentions two [ 2 ] LORD/Lord's
Who is the LORD [YHWH ] in all upper-case letters in the KJV Bible ?______
Who is the other Lord Not in all upper-case letters?______
Doesn't the Tetragrammaton [YHWH ] only apply to the LORD in all capital letters ?_____

Old 11-23-2013, 06:33 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
No

Old 11-23-2013, 07:14 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
No, if it was it would be clearly taught in Scripture and ... it isn't.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:52 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,149,078 times
Quote:
The Trinity is a central doctrine of many Christian denominations and thus has become a necessary part of such denominations

However, is belief in the Trinity necessary to be a Christian?

The Bible is straightforward in this regard.

John 3:16 states, " For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."

John 17:3 states, "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God,and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ."

The earliest Christians did not hold to the idea of the Trinity nor does it appear in the Bible. The Trinity was adopted in 325 AD and solidified its hold on the early church around 381 AD that's a full 200 plus years after the last books of the Bible were written.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:00 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Jesus, according to gospel writer John, is the faithful witness of Revelation 1 v 5; 3 v 14. There John writes that Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God. How could Jesus be a creation and be the Creator?

The Creator [ singular ] is from everlasting [ Psalm 90 v 2 ] meaning God had No beginning.
Whereas, Jesus had a beginning as the beginning of the creation by God.- Proverbs 8 vs 22-31
There is No Scripture that says Jesus was before the beginning as God was before the beginning.
Jesus was in the beginning [ start ] but Not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.

There is No Scripture that calls God and Jesus as being a neuter ' it '.
God and Jesus are always in the masculine, whereas God's spirit at Numbers 11 vs 16,17,25 is a neuter ' it '.
God sends forth His spirit ' it ' [ Psalm 104 v 30 ] and Never does the spirit send forth God.

According to John, the heavenly resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he is Son according to Rev. 2 v 18.
At what point then would someone inform Jesus that he is really Not the Son of God ?
Doesn't Jesus still think he has a God over him according to Rev. 3 v 12 ?
Doesn't Jesus have his own throne according to Rev. 3 v 21?

Did anyone ever see Jesus ? According to John 'No one can see God and live'.- 1st John 4 v 12; 1 v 18; Ex. 33 v 20

So, the non-biblical teachings about a triune god or a triad god is Not found in Scripture, but a teaching of men.
No one can see God's face and live means that when we do see His spiritual face by the Spirit we become pure in Spirit and can not lightly live to self's sin because it is written, "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." and JN 12:24 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit." His nature is imputed to you when you see His face and you will die to self, the inordinate fleshly nature.

1CHRON 16:11 "Seek the LORD and His strength, seek His face continually." You must ask yourself, If He meant you would die literally then why are we invited to seek His face continually? No man has seen the literal face of God because God is Spirit. We see Him by the Spirit! His face is the face of love, peace, joy, wisdom and that of a servant to mankind.

Such intimacy to know God as Father was made possible by the Son. 2COR 4:6 "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, has shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. The spiritual face of Jesus is the face of God even as Jesus said, JN 14:9 "Jesus said unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known Me, Philip? he that has seen Me has seen the Father; and then why do say, Show us the Father?"

Old 11-23-2013, 08:01 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Yes ... based on the compilation of multiple verses found in the Bible.

Simply the word trinity is a coined word, which in scriptures the closest word for trinity used then was the word deity. Colossians 2:9

Old 11-23-2013, 08:30 PM

535 posts, read 966,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
The Father, The Word and the Holy Ghost are ONE God. Jesus is Lord and Lord GOD and the Father is LORD and God Almighty but when you read it you just believe it to be GOD no matter which one either the LORD or the Word who is Lord GOD.
Are God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit "one in being and person" or are they "one in purpose and agreement" much as a husband and wife are said to be one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity