Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times

Advertisements

The steadfast love of the Lord never fails. His mercies never come to an end. They are NEW EVERY MORNING. Great is His faithfulness. His salvation is a gift that is renewed unto us over and over as we walk through this dark world. (I need Thee Every Hour)... has often been my theme song. Here's another pretty song:

Yentl - Papa Can you Hear Me? - YouTube

Old 02-21-2012, 07:13 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
This use to be one of my fave movies, Heartsong God bless and peace.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
I just wanted to let you all know that due to my participation in this forum, I have been saved again.

I have rediscovered the light and will be praying in joy this weekend with my peers.

Thank you all for your help, encouragement, and willingness to patiently explain the minutia of the Bible.
Heb 6:1 Because of this, having left the discourse of the beginning of Christ, let us be borne on to full growth, not laying down again a foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Heb 6:2 of baptisms, of doctrine, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of dead ones, and of eternal judgment.

Heb 6:3 And this we will do, if indeed God permits.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those once having been enlightened, and having tasted of the heavenly gift, and becoming sharers of the Holy Spirit,

Heb 6:5 and tasting the good Word of God, and the works of power of a coming age,

Heb 6:6 and having fallen away, it is impossible for them again to renew to repentance, crucifying again for themselves the Son of God, and putting Him to open shame.

Heb 10:26 For if we are willfully sinning after receiving the full knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice concerning sins,

Heb 10:27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment and "zealous fire being about to consume the adversaries." Isa. 26:11

Heb 10:28 If anyone did not regard the Law of Moses, that one dies without pities on "the word of two or three witnesses," Deut. 17:6

Heb 10:29 how much worse punishment do you think will be thought worthy to receive, the one trampling the Son of God, and having counted common the blood of the covenant in which he was sanctified, and having insulted the Spirit of Grace?

Old 02-22-2012, 04:46 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Heb 6:1 Because of this, having left the discourse of the beginning of Christ, let us be borne on to full growth, not laying down again a foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Heb 6:2 of baptisms, of doctrine, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of dead ones, and of eternal judgment.

Heb 6:3 And this we will do, if indeed God permits.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those once having been enlightened, and having tasted of the heavenly gift, and becoming sharers of the Holy Spirit,

Heb 6:5 and tasting the good Word of God, and the works of power of a coming age,

Heb 6:6 and having fallen away, it is impossible for them again to renew to repentance, crucifying again for themselves the Son of God, and putting Him to open shame.

Heb 10:26 For if we are willfully sinning after receiving the full knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice concerning sins,

Heb 10:27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment and "zealous fire being about to consume the adversaries." Isa. 26:11

Heb 10:28 If anyone did not regard the Law of Moses, that one dies without pities on "the word of two or three witnesses," Deut. 17:6

Heb 10:29 how much worse punishment do you think will be thought worthy to receive, the one trampling the Son of God, and having counted common the blood of the covenant in which he was sanctified, and having insulted the Spirit of Grace?
And your point is?

Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,887 times
Hope that you learn to continue trusting Christ.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,437,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Wow... sorry. How very embarrassing! Many of you have the wrong idea here, not sure why this got moved to the Christianity forum at all!

I've relearned the love of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs. The man who went back in time and created religion so that he could profit off it, thereby sealing his place as the greatest salesman ever. Unfortunately a few of his more devout followers have tried to cut Him out of the deal by creating off shoot religions. This was pretty common right 2100 years ago, but has settled down quite a bit since then.

He has saved me from myself and the pinks, once again I am following the path in pursuit of Slack. Hopefully I'll be allowed to go to Dobbstown one of these days. And if I'm extremely lucky, maybe X-Day will happen again in my lifetime!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:19 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
I just wanted to let you all know that due to my participation in this forum, I have been saved again.

I have rediscovered the light and will be praying in joy this weekend with my peers.

Thank you all for your help, encouragement, and willingness to patiently explain the minutia of the Bible.
What AWESOME blessing you have shared with us, thank you,..... the SON is BRIGHTLY shining today....
Keep on, Keepin' with Jesus, amen !!

Quote:
Thank you! I feel.... relieved. Like a blindfold has been lifted from my eyes. I can finally see the Truth for the first time in my entire life.
Our God is faithful, and His TRUTH will set the heart so free it is beyond words, amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Beware of those who would steal your joy and commitment.
Excellent advice and warning,
Because it is so true and anyone walking in the Spirit can read, discerning there is plenty of that stealin' going on around here !!

Quote:
Wouldn't even begin to think about it!
Amen.... Keep your eyes upon the Author and Finisher of your FAITH cause no one can take it away !!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times
Given the post below, there would appear to be some reasonable, heartfelt confusion as regards the nature of the OP. This thread is therefore closed.

Quote:
Quote:
Wow... sorry. How very embarrassing! Many of you have the wrong idea here, not sure why this got moved to the Christianity forum at all!

I've relearned the love of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs. The man who went back in time and created religion so that he could profit off it, thereby sealing his place as the greatest salesman ever. Unfortunately a few of his more devout followers have tried to cut Him out of the deal by creating off shoot religions. This was pretty common right 2100 years ago, but has settled down quite a bit since then.

He has saved me from myself and the pinks, once again I am following the path in pursuit of Slack. Hopefully I'll be allowed to go to Dobbstown one of these days. And if I'm extremely lucky, maybe X-Day will happen again in my lifetime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity