Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:04 PM

367 posts, read 370,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makahiya View Post
I have conferenced with Gail Riplinger.
She is a sweet Christian lady.

I have conferenced with Peter Ruckman.
He is not trying to be a nice guy.
Ruckman is the most prolific KJV polemic scholar of all time.

I don't have a problem with your position on the KJV. There are many learned men and women who present the case for the KJV in a very factually, reasoned, documented and Christlike manner. I would run from the two people you mention here. I have personally found Gail to be a liar and deceiver and as for Ruckman I see no Christ likeness at all and he is even disowned by most KJV-only groups. It's kind of like using Hitler to be your source of information on birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 01:11 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makahiya View Post
Ruckman is the most prolific KJV polemic scholar of all time.

He is not trying to be a nice guy.

Never mind Ruckman.

What do you believe ?

The topic is final authority and final canonization.

The question is do you have scripture ?

Please answer the question and state your theory

of final authority and final canonization

I believe God has preserved the text in the Greek language. What is determined to be the proper "variant" of the readings is contingent upon the Holy Spirit. Contrary to what is accused by the KJV only folks, the deity of the Lord Jesus, his position as only begotten/unique Son, salvation by grace through faith in Jesus alone, etc are not "deleted" from the Scripture. The newer translations do not lead people away from the need of Salvation through Jesus Christ. For every "proof" text of deletion, there are proof texts asserting that the KJV only folk are not correct on this issue.

As opposed to accusing them of not being believers; however, I just recommend everyone to search out these variants and with prayer come to a conclusion for themselves.

What I've witnessed from the leaders in this movement and those that insist on such is the works of the flesh.

The canon is complete, 66 books w/ 40 authors that all point to the same conclusion... We all need salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ.

Salvation by Jesus in regeneration leads to a "new creature" in Christ where old things passed away and all things become new as one walks yielding to the Holy Spirit to work in their lives.

I think those that choose pride, arrogance vilifying members of the body of Christ could very well be humbled.

As whosoever exhalts themselves shall be humbled, and whosoever humbles themselves shall be exhalted as the Lord says.

I'm very thankful the Lord pulled me out of the fellowship I was in prior which divided the best of Christ over this issue. While currently in a fellowship that uses the KJV as the reading text, they do not condemn others that have another translation.

Instead we have a fruitful discussion on the issue leading to clarity, godliness, and thus fruit.

What a beautiful unity of fellowship among believers. God's been good to me.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:16 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,462,453 times
do you think if there is the president of the US gathers a group to translate a new version of the bible, there will be things in there that conform to what he believes?
Do you think that those who translated for king james did the same? or did they translate word for word without regard to what the king believes?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:55 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
'For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward spoke of another day. Hebrews 4:8 authorized KJV

The correct word is Joshua which is correctly translated in some of the newer versions. There are many more examples.

I do understand the concern of the multitude of translations. I also understand the concern of the copyright. I'll leave it up to God, however, if He wants us subjecting ourselves asking permission to some publishing company to preach His Word. To insist upon a copyright I believe is downright dangerous and what a daring move by people professing to be godly. They should give a copyright to print and distribute as many copies as possible.

I personally have a NIV/KJV/nasb/amp parallel Bible that I highly recommend every English speaking person should have. It was money well spent and wasn't all that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity