Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Still not a universalist? ........

For good reason... beside the fact it's the old lie told in the Garden of Eden repackaged, a fair number of the universalists that post here seem to exemplify what a hypocrite does.

[1] They boast about "love" but yet contain to those who they disagree with contain some type of sneering comment, backhanded insults, backhanded accusations of the character of God when they are befuddled with scriptures that don't fit the UR agenda.

[2] They seem to never be "in your face" with other people whose beliefs are contrary to theirs (in this forum) other than the usual.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

For good reason... beside the fact it's the old lie told in the Garden of Eden repackaged, a fair number of the universalists that post here seem to exemplify what a hypocrite does.

[1] They boast about "love" but those who they disagree with, the responses contain some type of sneering comment, backhanded insults, backhanded accusations of the character of God when they are befuddled with scriptures that don't fit the UR agenda.

[2] They seem to never be "in your face" with other people whose beliefs are contrary to theirs (in this forum) other than the usual.
had to correct a few things

Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
2Th 3:5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

So who directs? - yes the Lord!

Stop disbelieving in universalism and embrace the Good News.
No...

Old 01-05-2013, 03:24 PM

104 posts, read 104,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree, to me its more of a stronghold with a stranglehold over those ensnared by it.Speaking as someone formally ensnared by it, I understand why there's such a defense of it, because escaping the eternal hell of torment is the bedrock upon which their faith is built upon.
Yes but its not faith, its belief. And until you have real "faith" you can't appreciate it. Real faith emanates from the soul, but belief is of the mind. And all this stuff is mindal. A perfect example is being warned that if you go xyz or read pqr or do fgh you will "lose your faith". Well you can find anything mindal could be changed by something. That's how the mind works. But real Faith, of the soul, is not changed. I had one of those kind of "faiths" for 50 years, and it was full of fear and uncertainty.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_in_Aus View Post
Yes but its not faith, its belief. And until you have real "faith" you can't appreciate it. Real faith emanates from the soul, but belief is of the mind. And all this stuff is mindal. A perfect example is being warned that if you go xyz or read pqr or do fgh you will "lose your faith". Well you can find anything mindal could be changed by something. That's how the mind works. But real Faith, of the soul, is not changed. I had one of those kind of "faiths" for 50 years, and it was full of fear and uncertainty.
I agree its a belief, a belief that passed off as being faith.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:25 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:

[1] They boast about "love" but yet contain to those who they disagree with contain some type of sneering comment, backhanded insults, backhanded accusations of the character of God when they are befuddled with scriptures that don't fit the UR agenda.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Still not a universalist?

Universalist's believe that you actually die, anything else is hypocrisy with a pretense of having virtues.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:42 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
To the anti-universalists: Can you explain how it is that one can be saved without God needing your permission to save you? I can only think that the best way you can explain it is to knock down the idea that God needs "your permission". However, it seems that what I often hear is that the belief we must have to be saved comes from us of our own volition.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:31 PM

14,867 posts, read 17,143,188 times
The Jerome Conspiracy (excerpt)

http://www.michaelwoodcrypto.com/pdf...cy-excerpt.pdf

God bless.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM

342 posts, read 407,641 times
Universalist please tell me if this is true or not!

John 6:47, "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal (aionion) life.

Does that mean "eternal" life or just life for an "age" only?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity