Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 12:50 PM

467 posts, read 467,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I believe that Christians are saved by GRACE alone through our Faith ALone in Jesus Christ.
This is just it.. You believe what you believe because you were TAUGHT IT from outside of scriptures!!
You have fallen for the LIE!

Man can't be save by faith ALONE!
There is absolutely no scriptures that supports faith ALONE!
Faith PLUS LOVE saves.. God is LOVE!!
Faith ALONE keeps man from God!!

antredd Don't boast about your CIRCUMCISION because it will not save you!!
Circumcision is a WORK of the Law.. Mosaic Law!
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

The THEREFORE puts it into CONTEXT!

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands) — 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the cov..

antredd Eph 2 8-10 is NOT proof of salvation by faith ALONE!!!
It is PROOF circumcision does not save!!

Faith can't be ALONE!!!!
If all you have is faith you can't be RIGHTEOUS!
1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

The idea of "Salvation by faith ALONE" first appeared sixteen hundred years after Jesus! It is NOT>>NOT<< found in the scriptures!
It is a lie from Satan it sends souls to Satan!

antredd These people have "Faith ALONE!"
Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

RUN don't walk from protestantism.. !!

Dogknox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 03:49 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
This is just it.. You believe what you believe because you were TAUGHT IT from outside of scriptures!!
You have fallen for the LIE!

Man can't be save by faith ALONE!
There is absolutely no scriptures that supports faith ALONE!
Faith PLUS LOVE saves.. God is LOVE!!
Faith ALONE keeps man from God!!

antredd Don't boast about your CIRCUMCISION because it will not save you!!
Circumcision is a WORK of the Law.. Mosaic Law!
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

The THEREFORE puts it into CONTEXT!

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands) — 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the cov..

antredd Eph 2 8-10 is NOT proof of salvation by faith ALONE!!!
It is PROOF circumcision does not save!!

Faith can't be ALONE!!!!
If all you have is faith you can't be RIGHTEOUS!
1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

The idea of "Salvation by faith ALONE" first appeared sixteen hundred years after Jesus! It is NOT>>NOT<< found in the scriptures!
It is a lie from Satan it sends souls to Satan!

antredd These people have "Faith ALONE!"
Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

RUN don't walk from protestantism.. !!

Dogknox
I gave you reputation for this despite that 1) you spend too much time quoting letters and not enough time quoting Jesus and 2) you accept the erroneous translation of aionios as "everlasting"

The faith alone doctrine permits too many to excuse themselves from questioning the real meanings of the teachings of Jesus IMHO. We do not achieve perfection, and therefore heaven, in this life if we pretend that there is nothing more to it than "believing", whatever that means.

Life is a journey. We are always being tested. The "faith alone" doctrine excuses us from participating in that journey.

IMHO

Old 05-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I gave you reputation for this despite that 1) you spend too much time quoting letters and not enough time quoting Jesus and 2) you accept the erroneous translation of aionios as "everlasting"

The faith alone doctrine permits too many to excuse themselves from questioning the real meanings of the teachings of Jesus IMHO. We do not achieve perfection, and therefore heaven, in this life if we pretend that there is nothing more to it than "believing", whatever that means.

Life is a journey. We are always being tested. The "faith alone" doctrine excuses us from participating in that journey.

IMHO
chuckmann You are 100% right.. "Faith ALONE" sends people to hell!
Truly Satan had his hand in the making of this teaching!

It all comes from John 3:16...
"God so loved....... Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life!
The person reading John 3:16 will toss the bible down and announce.."Thats it, I am now SAVED; I believe in Jesus"!

This false teaching rejects the idea that; "Believing IN Jesus" means a person MUST BELIEVE the words of "The WORD" the scriptures!

John 3:16 should say..
"God so loved........son, that whoever believes his words shall not perish but have eternal life

Satan takes advantage of every opportunity, twisting the scriptures to mean "Believing in Jesus means faith ALONE!"

Believing in Jesus means believing "You MUST LOVE" Jesus taught you MUST LOVE!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times
The armor of God for me, is solely to protect who "I am". Protect your I AM.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Would love to hear your replies. Ephesians 6 is where you can find this verse.
Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil. Many take every word from God literally, all isn’t. this is symbolically spoken, (the Armor). Jehovah God basically mean stay close to him, (which would mean trying to do his will) as Jesus said we should do, Matt.7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

If we truly try to follow Jesus teachings, and not follow the world ,(1John 2:15,16- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world).

Not ONLY would we NOT be blinded by satan’s tricks ,(2Cor.4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them). satan fools those who choose not to believe in God, or who’s not truly following Jesus teachings. We will know satan’s many tricks ,(1Cor.2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices), By trying to stay away from all that satan touches, we’re putting on God’s protection from him, (Isa.41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee). peace

Old 05-29-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil. Many take every word from God literally, all isn’t. this is symbolically spoken, (the Armor). Jehovah God basically mean stay close to him, (which would mean trying to do his will) as Jesus said we should do, Matt.7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

If we truly try to follow Jesus teachings, and not follow the world ,(1John 2:15,16- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world).

Not ONLY would we NOT be blinded by satan’s tricks ,(2Cor.4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them). satan fools those who choose not to believe in God, or who’s not truly following Jesus teachings. We will know satan’s many tricks ,(1Cor.2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices), By trying to stay away from all that satan touches, we’re putting on God’s protection from him, (Isa.41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee). peace

jojo-50 Good to meet you..Good post.
I add... The Armor of God incorporates all three.. "Faith Hope & Love!" Plus..Truth, readiness and the word of God!

The Breastplate of Righteousness is made with "Faith & LOVE!"
The Helmet of Salvation is made with "Hope!"

Only the shield is made with "faith Alone", a man with ONLY a Shield will not survive!! "Faith" ALONE will not save a person, with just a shield a person will die!!
Christians must put on ALL the Armor!!!
Christians are saved with "Love and Hope, Plus..Truth, readiness and the word of God, not by faith ALONE!

Satan fools those who choose not to believe in God, or who’s not truly following Jesus teachings.

Jesus teaches.. "A shield (faith) alone will not save!"
Jesus teaches.. "Put on ALL the Armor"!

Dogknox

Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The armor of God for me, is solely to protect who "I am". Protect your I AM.
???
"I AM" is God' name!!

Please explain..
Dogknox

Old 05-29-2012, 04:18 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
???
"I AM" is God' name!!

Please explain..
Dogknox
I agree with Pcamps. He summed it up well.
"I am the way, the truth & the light."
God is "I AM that I AM." God is present tense, experienced now, within.
"The kingdom of God is within you." -Luke 17:21

"Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."
Know yourself - who you truly are & you will be free of the lies & traps prevelent in society today. This is easier said than done! I still get caught up thinking that who I am is my face, body or the words I type on this forum - when they are not! Who I am eternally (which is more real because it continues on even after my body dies) - is part of the same energy in you & everyone else.

Ok, I think I'm getting too deep.
Let me know what you think about that.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,130,979 times
Just wanted to put the OP scripture in context...
Ephesians 6:9-18...

"And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, & in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh & blood, but against principalities, against powers, agains the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefor take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, & having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, & having on the brestplate of righteousness; & your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, take the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, & the word of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayers & supplication in the Spirit, & watching thereunto with all perseverance & supplication for all saints."

This forum, in many ways is the battleground - where people discuss, are influenced by & come to believe principles, which they then feel & act on. It is imparative to stand for truth & goodness! Yes, your comments will get attacked, because most people take the path of least resistance - & follow the crowd, many who use any means to justify evil. Evil is the attempt to cover negative consequences. Basically, evil involves lies. Putting on the armor of God is to educate ourselves intellectually & spiritually about truths, so we can stand firm in shedding light on & defending truth!

Old 05-29-2012, 04:29 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
I agree with Pcamps. He summed it up well.
"I am the way, the truth & the light."
God is "I AM that I AM." God is present tense, experienced now, within.
"The kingdom of God is within you." -Luke 17:21

"Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."
Know yourself - who you truly are & you will be free of the lies & traps prevelent in society today. This is easier said than done! I still get caught up thinking that who I am is my face, body or the words I type on this forum - when they are not! Who I am eternally (which is more real because it continues on even after my body dies) - is part of the same energy in you & everyone else.

Ok, I think I'm getting too deep.
Let me know what you think about that.
Still can't rep ya. Grrr.

I agree. Love is WHO we are, not the shell that everyone sees on the outside. When we speak from our heart, we show the world who we are and where our love is. Too many people are wrapped up in the world not knowing that this is just a stopping point along the way. It's an experience. By letting go of the world, we free ourselves. It's totally AWESOME and life is so much easier to live. No chains here!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity