Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 08:34 PM

481 posts, read 864,904 times

Advertisements

Satan's Meeting

Satan called a worldwide convention of demons. In his opening address he said, "We can't keep Christians from going to church. We can't keep them from reading their Bibles, and knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their Savior. Once they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken."

"So let them go to their churches; let them have their covered dish dinners, but steal their time, so they don't have time to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ."
Said the devil, "This is what I want you to do: Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day!"

"How shall we do this?" his demons shouted.

Satan answered, saying, "Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds. Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow. Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles. Keep them from spending time with their children. As their families fragment, soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work! Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small voice. Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive--to keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their home; and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays non-Biblical music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ."

"Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards. Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotion offering free products, services, and false hopes. Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their husbands will believe that outward beauty is what's important, and they'll become dissatisfied with their wives."
"Give them Santa Claus to distract them from teaching their children the real meaning of Christmas. Give them an Easter bunny so they won't talk about His resurrection and power over sin and death. Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from their recreation exhausted. Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on God's creation. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts, and movies instead. Keep them busy, busy, busy! And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 10:48 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPepper1 View Post
Satan's Meeting

Satan called a worldwide convention of demons. In his opening address he said, "We can't keep Christians from going to church. We can't keep them from reading their Bibles, and knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their Savior. Once they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken."

"So let them go to their churches; let them have their covered dish dinners, but steal their time, so they don't have time to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ."
Said the devil, "This is what I want you to do: Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day!"

Satan answered, saying, "Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds. Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow. Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles. Keep them from spending time with their children. As their families fragment, soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work! Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small voice. Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive--to keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their home; and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays non-Biblical music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ."

"Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards. Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotion offering free products, services, and false hopes. Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their husbands will believe that outward beauty is what's important, and they'll become dissatisfied with their wives."
"Give them Santa Claus to distract them from teaching their children the real meaning of Christmas. Give them an Easter bunny so they won't talk about His resurrection and power over sin and death. Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from their recreation exhausted. Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on God's creation. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts, and movies instead. Keep them busy, busy, busy! And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences."
While I can remember, Satan continued, keep them focused on hateful doctrines and theologies. Subordination of women, burning of Korans, disrupting of funerals of military service people because of don't ask don't tell, and don't forget the formation of militias who target judges and law enforcement officials.

Now get busy!

Old 06-11-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
While I can remember, Satan continued, keep them focused on hateful doctrines and theologies. Subordination of women, burning of Korans, disrupting of funerals of military service people because of don't ask don't tell, and don't forget the formation of militias who target judges and law enforcement officials.

Now get busy!
True, so very true! Lets not forget the biggest one......

"Not just keeping them focused on hateful doctrines and theologies, but also false doctrines and theologies."

"Listening and debating with people outside of the Spirit, as their words are of hate and false leading. They are leading us away from the true will of God our Father. This is a huge deception of the most uncleans work."

Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
ChiliPepper1, can you list the words of false leading so we can know?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
Then satan wondered if the churches would bite...."lets make them celebrate holloween, of course we can name it the 'fall festival'". and now look around...many celebrate it for sure. sad sad sad....

Old 06-11-2012, 09:52 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Then satan wondered if the churches would bite...."lets make them celebrate holloween, of course we can name it the 'fall festival'". and now look around...many celebrate it for sure. sad sad sad....
Do you celebrate Christmas and New Years Eve?...

Old 06-11-2012, 10:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Satan's Meeting

And he continues: "and keep telling them Satan and demons do not exist, and there is no hell, and everyone is saved and going to heaven"

Old 06-11-2012, 12:20 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Do you celebrate Christmas and New Years Eve?...
Good question. Well if someone buys me a gift for christmas i take it. i also buy my wife a gift. i dont ever tell anyone that Christ was born on that day, nor do i ever tell someone that santa got them something. i do know that Christmas has pagan origins. some new years i am asleep by midnight, others i am not. if someone says happy new years at midnight and give me a kiss i dont push them away. i really could care less for both of those holidays. on holloween if someone says trick or treat, as i am walking into or out of my house i will give them a dollar. I guess that would be considered celebrating it. I dont care if churches celebrate their fall festival, but just dont lie about it and say it is not a holloween party. The kids get candy and dress up on Oct 31st, that is a holloween party. no big deal if the church celebrate it but dont lie trying to say it is a safe alternative.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
ChiliPepper1, can you list the words of false leading so we can know?
Basically, there are far too many churches these days that lead their congregation with false doctrine or false teachings, even like in Jesus' time. So many leaders are not ministering or teaching from the Spirit, but from their own accord or will. Do they really know where God our Father truly wants them to be? Is that Gods will or place He wants them to be instead of where they think God wants them to be. This does not mean they are bad people, but it does mean they are living there life in vain per say.

For example....I have been to many bible studies, and only a very small handful, if that, that actually feed the deep hunger that the world has or craving for God Word (Word of Truth). If the churches of today do not feed this hunger for Gods love, God Word of Truth, and instruct through the Spirit (God Will), then how are people supposed to find God through Christ Jesus? How are we going to learn how to not to live our lives in vain? How to treat one another as God's will calls us to? I cannot serve God my father without the Spirit. Living and walking in the Spirit. Churches today are falling, dividing in numbers (splitting), and are getting beyond what was taught by Christ Jesus.

As Christ Jesus once said per say...."We must lose ourselves (loose ourselves) from this world to gain life......"

I thank God my Father through Christ Jesus that He has blessed me with such a rich gift, and that He has manifested so much to me through the Spirit. Do I walk and live a perfect life, heck no, by no means, but i do serve My Lord in His will, and live my life in His will, and raise my family in His will. He knows I will make many mistakes, and He surely lets me know as well...hahaha. It is my passion to "Save another on for Jesus", and then tell other "Go save another one for Jesus". I love serving the Father in whatever He leads me to do. I will never teach outside of His will (the Spirit), I will never minister or bring deliverance minister to anyone unless the Spirit leads me to do so. I remain to always say to my soul..."Be Still", and when things get rough or the unclean is being annoying, it is..."Be Still, not today"

Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Satan's Meeting

That's not satan. Thats human being living the only way they know, or want, to live. Remember, we have FREE WILL to do as we please. In the end, no matter what we do, God will ALWAYS love us in ALL WAYS. We could be the vilest sinner and He will still love us. People like you spread this stuff because others disagree with you and your idea of God. It doesn't make them any less a child of God than you. It just means that they aren't living the way that God intended. And as Jesus said, and is still saying, "YOU will reap what YOU sow". Why worry about what others are doing? When you do that, it takes away from your own time with God.

The only thing we can do is love God and each other. It's pretty simple, don't ya think. Leave others to their business and mind your own. That's my philosophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity