Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 03:03 PM

951 posts, read 1,054,866 times

Advertisements

I was associated with the Worldwide Church of God from 1981-1992.

I experienced divine healing and have witnessed that others were divinely healed as well.

The ministers in the WCG followed the instructions in James 5 and anointed the sick at their home or at services in a private room usually accompanied by only a member of the sick person's family.

Anointed cloths were mailed out from headquarters as well.

Please list if any other organizations that you have been associated with where you have witnessed or experienced divine healing and indicate whether they followed the instructions in James 5.

It would be good to know just how many organizations today actually follow James 5 and really get results. I only know of the WCG and some of their splinter groups.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 03:57 PM

9,697 posts, read 10,045,032 times
Seen the Lord Jesus miracles in a hand full of Different Churches , The Churches are non-Denomination Evangelical Churches, A fellowship Evangelical Church , A Pentecostal Assemblies Church , Roman Catholic Eucharist Healing Service of many Catholic Churches invited , plus witnessed a Benny Hinn Ministries Evangelical Healing Meeting.... All of Which People got Healed and delivered ..... Plus Most of these had anointing of oil in the name of the Lord Jesus for their point of contact with the Lord , See people get healed of back pain , deformed arms and legs , heart problems , blood problems , cancer sickness, stomach disorders, even heard of someone give a witness that the aids sickness had gone .... Glory to God .....

Old 08-10-2012, 04:10 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,546,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
I was associated with the Worldwide Church of God from 1981-1992.

I experienced divine healing and have witnessed that others were divinely healed as well.

The ministers in the WCG followed the instructions in James 5 and anointed the sick at their home or at services in a private room usually accompanied by only a member of the sick person's family.

Anointed cloths were mailed out from headquarters as well.

Please list if any other organizations that you have been associated with where you have witnessed or experienced divine healing and indicate whether they followed the instructions in James 5.

It would be good to know just how many organizations today actually follow James 5 and really get results. I only know of the WCG and some of their splinter groups.

Thank you.
I have been healed several times under differant circumstances. Once in a small group with no name and being annointed with oil to heal my stomach problems. I felt a heat through out my body and was healed.

Alone once, simply asking God to heal my knees which were destroyed from too much construction work. I walk perfectly today after perhaps 20 years sense.

My sister was healed of a medically encureable heart condition that totally baffled her doctor, who said it was imposible but there it was and he could not deny it. It happened at a womans prayer meeting where a women lay hands on her and prayed.

My mother was dying with her lungs filling up and her kidneys not working. She had severe heart problems. She was to be injected with morphine or something so that she would not experiance her own dieing. I lay my hand on her head and prayed one night. My sister said she didn't think my mother would make it though the night but I had a bring grin on my face and said, "I wouldn't be so sure". She recovered by the next day. The doctors couldn't understand what had happened and had to sent her home.

I met a man in a Church, its name I can not remember, who was scheduled for surgery on his knee. All I said to him by the Spirit was, "your due for a miracle." He said, "I'll take it." Next time I saw him a short while later he had been healed and didn't need the surgery.

As a sign it is good to anoint with oil and pray in the Church as James says but God is not limited to that method alone. Peter just walked by one day and wherever even his shadow was, the people were healed!

ACTS 5:14-16 "And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadowof Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one."

Here is my advise. Do not pit one church against another. Wherever Christ is honored in Spirit and and Truth, He is there not as a denominational name but as the Lord of Glory seeking to save all men.

Last edited by garya123; 08-10-2012 at 04:19 PM..

Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
I have been healed several times under differant circumstances. Once in a small group with no name and being annointed with oil to heal my stomach problems. I felt a heat through out my body and was healed.

Alone once, simply asking God to heal my knees which were destroyed from too much construction work. I walk perfectly today after perhaps 20 years sense.

My sister was healed of a medically encureable heart condition that totally baffled her doctor, who said it was imposible but there it was and he could not deny it. It happened at a womans prayer meeting where a women lay hands on her and prayed.

My mother was dying with her lungs filling up and her kidneys not working. She had severe heart problems. She was to be injected with morphine or something so that she would not experiance her own dieing. I lay my hand on her head and prayed one night. My sister said she didn't think my mother would make it though the night but I had a bring grin on my face and said, "I wouldn't be so sure". She recovered by the next day. The doctors couldn't understand what had happened and had to sent her home.

I met a man in a Church, its name I can not remember, who was scheduled for surgery on his knee. All I said to him by the Spirit was, "your due for a miracle." He said, "I'll take it." Next time I saw him a short while later he had been healed and didn't need the surgery.

As a sign it is good to anoint with oil and pray in the Church as James says but God is not limited to that method alone. Peter just walked by one day and wherever even his shadow was, the people were healed!

ACTS 5:14-16 "And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadowof Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one."

Here is my advise. Do not pit one church against another. Wherever Christ is honored in Spirit and and Truth, He is there not as a denominational name but as the Lord of Glory seeking to save all men.
I am not seeking controversy. I just want to know the truth. I can give my experience but that is it. Where is the divine healing in the churches today? I only know of several churches and that's it. I am seeking knowledge about other groups from people who were associated with them. I am not seeking to get into any argument.

Thank you for your response.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Seen the Lord Jesus miracles in a hand full of Different Churches , The Churches are non-Denomination Evangelical Churches, A fellowship Evangelical Church , A Pentecostal Assemblies Church , Roman Catholic Eucharist Healing Service of many Catholic Churches invited , plus witnessed a Benny Hinn Ministries Evangelical Healing Meeting.... All of Which People got Healed and delivered ..... Plus Most of these had anointing of oil in the name of the Lord Jesus for their point of contact with the Lord , See people get healed of back pain , deformed arms and legs , heart problems , blood problems , cancer sickness, stomach disorders, even heard of someone give a witness that the aids sickness had gone .... Glory to God .....
Did they all follow the instructions in James 5?

And were these anointings done in private?

The reason I ask is that Mr. Armstrong sent some of his students out to one or several of these public healing shows and they got close enough to the people that were supposed to have been healed and when they questioned about their healing they found out they were not really healed.

Mr. Armstrong would go to a private area and remove all the scoffers and doubters from the room before he anointed someone.

So did you notice a circus-type atmosphere in these healings or were these people anointed and healed privately with no great advertisement made of the event but just and acknowledgment of the fact they had been healed?

I am just asking these questions to make sure I am understanding what you are saying.

Thank you for your response.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:36 AM

37,506 posts, read 61,537,745 times
I have seen it many times in our church group, The Way Ministry. However it does not seem to be not there consistently. Leaders change, doctrines change, it comes and goes. Over all we have seen healings many times.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:41 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,709,259 times
Quote:

Amen, garya123 !
Yes, such as yourself have seen and experience God's divine intervention in my family, friends, and acquaintances lives with His mighty healing hand !!

Totally agree that.... "Wherever Christ is honored in Spirit and and Truth, He is there not as a denominational name but as the Lord of Glory seeking to save all men."..... AMEN

And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. James 5:15-16

Old 08-13-2012, 07:59 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,467,928 times
no denomination holds the copyright to healing. God will heal whoever and wherever he feels.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:

Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,894,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
no denomination holds the copyright to healing. God will heal whoever and wherever he feels.

That is correct: no denomination has a special "patent" on divine healing....God will respect any Christian or ministry that follows the instructions in the Bible for healing the sick.
That said, however, some denominations do not believe in special prayer for the sick, as outlined in James 5. Needless to say, very few people experience healing in their churches. If someone doesn't get healing, or dies, they will justify and excuse themselves by saying "oh, it must have been God's will that so-and-so passed away". No, in most cases it wasn't God's will...they failed to follow the instructions! That "whatever happens is God's will" is a lame excuse to cover-up their lack of faith! We were told what to do, in writing, so why aren't they doing it???
I have seen (and experienced myself) instant healing via laying on of hands, and anointing with oil, in a non-denominational church. If those involved will exercise faith, it doesn't much matter which denomination they belong to...just do it!

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity