Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:41 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,350,294 times

Advertisements

Evil and perversion constantly vomited from the media.

Society that embraces sin and reviles righteousness.

The lawless one enthroned in place of God.

There is no doubt we are living in the final days.

" Prophecy accredited to St. Neilos an ascetic of M. Athos who lived six hundred years ago,
tells about coming of Antichrist and the people who will live in final days "

The Final Days

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 07:24 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,726,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

Evil and perversion constantly vomited from the media.

Society that embraces sin and reviles righteousness.

The lawless one enthroned in place of God.

There is no doubt we are living in the final days.

" Prophecy accredited to St. Neilos an ascetic of M. Athos who lived six hundred years ago,
tells about coming of Antichrist and the people who will live in final days "

The Final Days

RESPONSE:

The problem with this "prophecy" is that I understand it appeared in 1990, not earlier.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:58 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,846,775 times
An interesting thing about End Time prophecy is that it's 'generic signs' are equally applicable to every generation throughout history; ... as wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, nations rising against nation, etc. become progressively more like 'birth pains.' In the 200-300 A.D. time-frame, it was believed that Christ's return was imminent and that Antiochus Epiphanes was the AntiChrist.

There are, of course, more specific, time-relevant signs, such as the restoration of the nation Israel, but, otherwise, every individual of all times has an equal reason to believe they are living in the End Times. .... And, they are right! -- Every individual is, in effect, living in their own End Times (with accountability thereof) - as we progress inevitably toward our own demise.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 AM

1,784 posts, read 3,460,974 times
What jghorton said.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:41 AM

Regardless of the origin of the prophecy, it speaks the truth, that the final days are upon us.

Blasphemy, sodomy and other vile perversions are now protected "virtues" while Godly righteousness is reviled.

As in the days of Noah... as in the days of Sodom... evil men are celebrating and doing evil continually.

When the tares are ripe for harvest, can the angels be far behind ?

Old 08-13-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

There are, of course, more specific, time-relevant signs, such as the restoration of the nation Israel...

The current secular, perverted Israeli state is NOT the fulfillment of the restoration of Israel prophecy [Ezekiel 37.].

It is however the fulfillment of another prophecy, that Edom would first maliciously occupy God's Holy Land [Ezekiel 36.]

btw... for those who don't know the history, Edomites lost a war with Israel and were forced to "convert" in the 2nd century BC,
[the Herods were Edomite-jews.]

Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,464,753 times
everyday is someones last day. one day it will be yours, and one day mine. today is someone's last day. hopefully not ours.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,502,937 times
Refering to just happened to the Apostles, Peter said:
" No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people...." Acts 2:16-17

Acorrding to God, from pentecost on, we have been in the last days and will continually will be till the return of Jesus.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:22 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

Regardless of the origin of the prophecy, it speaks the truth, that the final days are upon us.

Blasphemy, sodomy and other vile perversions are now protected "virtues" while Godly righteousness is reviled.

As in the days of Noah... as in the days of Sodom... evil men are celebrating and doing evil continually.

When the tares are ripe for harvest, can the angels be far behind ?

Darn, guess I better get them fliers in the mail and Internet messages out about setting up my Pet Care Service after all you Christians get rapture......... Somebody's gotta look after those pets after you're gone....

Old 08-15-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post

Darn, guess I better get them fliers in the mail and Internet messages out about setting up my Pet Care Service after all you Christians get rapture......... Somebody's gotta look after those pets after you're gone....

Why do you assume all Christians believe in the false "rapture" doctrine ??

I do not.

Orthodox Christians [from whom the topic link comes] do not.

Jesus' parable [from where I took my tares/angel imagery in my last post] says evildoers are harvested first.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity