Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 05:55 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,082,914 times

Advertisements

If i'm not mistaken according to the revelations when Israel becomes a nation this generation shall not pass away. Well it's been almost 66 years since Israel become a state in 1948. I just don't see any events that's showing this prophecy to become true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 06:00 AM

55 posts, read 62,947 times
The generation that jesus was speaking to was his own generation.

Israel as a nation state is not Israel.

Clearly, you don't understand.

Israel is a people, the Father's people.

To answer your question, we are getting closer, very close. But is does not play out the way you think it does, not the way you have been told.
Read what jesus says about the last days, he told the disciples to prepare for persecutions, to prepare to suffer the last days.

There is NO rapture, jesus does NOT swoop down and scoop you up to heaven. YOU get the full wrath.

Go read, don't believe me, just read it.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:52 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,883,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
If i'm not mistaken according to the revelations when Israel becomes a nation this generation shall not pass away. Well it's been almost 66 years since Israel become a state in 1948. I just don't see any events that's showing this prophecy to become true.
It seems quite possible, for many reasons including and beyond Israel, that we are living in the Last Days. The 'birth pain' signs can certainly not be disputed. However, every successive generation since the First century has had an similar reason to believe 'theirs' was the Final/Last generation. Perhaps the 'generation' spoken of by Christ referred to those living at the time of Israel's restoration.... or perhaps not.

One thing for certain is that each of us is living in "our own individual 'Last/Final Days." None of us will get out of this world with our natural lives ---and the ultimate post-death result for each individual, will be the same as it would, if we faced the last years of earth during our lifetime.

The bottom line is that none of us can do anything about either the world’s or our own End Times, except to do everything we can to remain prepared in our hearts and lives to meet the Lord… at any time.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:56 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintMePurple View Post
The generation that jesus was speaking to was his own generation.

Israel as a nation state is not Israel.

Clearly, you don't understand.

Israel is a people, the Father's people.

To answer your question, we are getting closer, very close. But is does not play out the way you think it does, not the way you have been told.
Read what jesus says about the last days, he told the disciples to prepare for persecutions, to prepare to suffer the last days.

There is NO rapture, jesus does NOT swoop down and scoop you up to heaven. YOU get the full wrath.

Go read, don't believe me, just read it.
Luckily, none of the above has a lick of truth.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Tell us, why did the people mock Noah?

Let's see what you know.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Tell us, why did the people mock Noah?

Let's see what you know.
Noah didn't exist.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Noah didn't exist.
Noah'sArkStones

Old 11-09-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
If that constitutes proof of something to you, that's nice.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:23 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,883,350 times
Quote:
Quote:
Noah didn't exist.

LOL! You remind me of my three and four-year old grandsons who, with great conviction .... dogmatically declare that truth and error are whatever they think they are! They, likewise, have no use for critical thinking and evidence --- when it comes to how they 'feel' about something at any given moment!

Old 11-09-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
LOL! You remind me of my three and four-year old grandsons who, with great conviction .... dogmatically declare that truth and error are whatever they think they are! They, likewise, have no use for critical thinking and evidence --- when it comes to how they 'feel' about something at any given moment!
Your grandsons sound wise.

More people should listen to children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity