Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 06:21 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,546,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
The Sabbaths are real. They are memorials looking back at great past events and they also picture great events to come. And they are true Christian days for worshiping God and Christ instead of Christmas, Easter, etc which are pagan. If you want to be ignorant of their existence then go ahead, but step aside since they are not a part of your belief system.
It is as you say. They are memorials but only so and worthy of study to see how God pointed to the coming of Christ. We need not keep those days as the reality of all that God was pointing to is here now. Good to remember those days but that is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 AM

951 posts, read 1,054,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
It is as you say. They are memorials but only so and worthy of study to see how God pointed to the coming of Christ. We need not keep those days as the reality of all that God was pointing to is here now. Good to remember those days but that is all.
And no one should ever listen to your errors such as this. But the main topic is the how God's Master Plan of Salvation is pictured through these Special Days of God. You don't seem to have a clue.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,155,043 times
They were still under the law at this time. The new covenant didnt begin until after that, so im still waiting for your verse, showing that if we dont observe the sabbath we will not inherent the kingdom.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
They were still under the law at this time. The new covenant didnt begin until after that, so im still waiting for your verse, showing that if we dont observe the sabbath we will not inherent the kingdom.
I have already given a set of verses, not a single verse. Read my quotes (with comments) from Rev 22. But again, this is not the main topic of this thread.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:33 AM

33,334 posts, read 26,552,117 times
Quote:
You are so wrong. God never suspends His Days of worship or His Commandments and Statutes and Laws. You have been so affected by the Melchisedec-Levi-Melchisedec priesthood change that you have come with all kinds of your own personal theories on what God is doing that are not right.

Yes, there was a change in the priesthood, there is a change to where you send the tithe, but the Commandments, Statutes and Judgments of God are still the same. Just like the law of gravity they are still in effect and they haven't changed. Now, the need for animal sacrifices have changed and is optional. The need for ritualistic washings that picture God's Holy Spirit have caused a change and are optional but the basic Spiritual Law of God that defines what is sin, that actually define how God thinks and reflects His spiritual character, they have not changed.

The true Church of God keeps everything that God and Christ command. This false Christianity that we see today is in error and you apparently have gone along with all their errors. They have substituted pagan practices and like you, have come up with all kinds of doctrines and theories of men which are not found in the Bible. Christmas? Easter? (-- the actual name of a pagan goddess for a day of worship, who would have believed something like this would be put on Christianity?) Immortal Soul? Sunday-worship? Going to Heaven vs a Resurrection?

And as stated in the original post we are not going to Heaven but rather the reward of the saved is to inherit the earth.

Keep this anchoring scripture locked into your mind.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Now, the main topic of this thread was God's Holy Days and not going to Heaven when you die. Please let someone else discuss the Holy Days since your religion teaches you nothing concerning the Master Plan of God's Salvation and all you can think about is your set of observances and other false doctrines like going to Heaven. So, please step aside, for you are bankrupt in your knowledge of this vital subject of God's Holy Days that affect and will affect all humanity.
The Church is not commanded to, or restricted to observing special days and times. God may be worshipped on any day at any time. Paul made this clear in Galatians 4 when he expressed his concern that under the pressure and influence of the Judaizers the Galatians had begun to observe the Mosaic calendar. They had begun to keep special days (weekly Sabbaths), and months (new moons), and seasons (seasonal festivals such as Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles), and years (sabbatical and jubilee years). In view of this Paul expressed his fear that his efforts would be in vain.

Gal. 4:9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? 10] You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11] I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain.

For the Church to observe these things which belonged to Israel is legalism and religous slavery.

Col. 2:16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- 17] things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ

With a change in dispensations comes a change in the way God administers His plan to a different group of people. The commandments given to Israel under the Mosaic Law to keep the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread are not a part of the Church. Those things were mere shadows of things to come. Jesus Christ was the substance, the reality of those shadows. He fulfilled those things which were foreshadowed in the Old Testament (Matt. 5:17; Rom. 8:3-4).

Following the resurrection of Jesus Christ the Church met on Sundays (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor. 16:2).

Since it was you who falsely stated in the OP that believers don't go to heaven, that is part of the topic.

And again, as the Scriptures show, believers do go to heaven when they die. I have already provided the Scriptures which show, which actually show Tribulational martyrs in heaven. Furthermore, the entire raptured and resurrected Church is shown in heaven in Revelation 19:7-8 where she is referred to as the bride, and is about to return to the earth with Jesus Christ at the end of the Tribulation.

And so Armstrongism is shown to be in clear contradiction to the clear teaching of the word of God. But like the Judaizers, you would attempt to impose on the Church the observances which belonged to Israel.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-05-2012 at 07:46 AM..

Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Church is not commanded to, or restricted to observing special days and times. God may be worshipped on any day at any time. Paul made this clear in Galatians 4 when he expressed his concern that under the pressure and influence of the Judaizers the Galatians had begun to observe the Mosaic calendar. They had begun to keep special days (weekly Sabbaths), and months (new moons), and seasons (seasonal festivals such as Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles), and years (sabbatical and jubilee years). In view of this Paul expressed his fear that his efforts would be in vain.

Gal. 4:9 But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again? 10] You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11] I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain.

For the Church to observe these things which belonged to Israel is legalism and religous slavery.

Col. 2:16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- 17] things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ

With a change in dispensations comes a change in the way God administers His plan to a different group of people. The commandments given to Israel under the Mosaic Law to keep the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread are not a part of the Church. Those things were mere shadows of things to come. Jesus Christ was the substance, the reality of those shadows. He fulfilled those things which were foreshadowed in the Old Testament (Matt. 5:17; Rom. 8:3-4).

Following the resurrection of Jesus Christ the Church met on Sundays (Acts 20:7; 1 Cor. 16:2).

Since it was you who mentioned in the OP that believers don't go to heaven, that is part of the topic.

And again, as the Scriptures show, believers do go to heaven when they die. I have already provided the Scriptures which show, which actually show Tribulational martyrs in heaven. Furthermore, the entire raptured and resurrected Church is shown in heaven in Revelation 19:7-8 where she is referred to as the bride, and is about to return to the earth with Jesus Christ at the end of the Tribulation.

And so Armstrongism is shown to be in clear contradiction to the clear teaching of the word of God. But like the Judaizers, you would attempt to impose on the Church the observances which belonged to Israel.
Again, these topics have been discussed at length on other threads. You will not accept the proof and scriptures I have given. You even confess that I am right about the future but you will not submit to God or Christ and obey them now. You are deceived.

Now, God's Festivals picture God's Master Plan of Salvation which you and your false religious system want to avoid. Your system doesn't even consider God the Father. It is almost as if your christ has made Him seem too old, too cruel, too out of touch and you have relegated Him to a secondary role and your christ's plan of Salvation overrides everything. You are wrong!

Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Luke 23:
55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Note: this was written by Luke about 30 years after the crucifixion according to one of my sources.

I could go on and on and go over things that has already been discussed. So step aside, your arguments are for another thread. This is about God's Master Plan of Salvation as revealed through God's Holy Days.
The time the gospel of Luke was written is irrelevent. The gospels don't address the dispensation of the Church. The gospels concern the public ministry of Jesus which took place during the age of Israel. The gospels do not address the Church-age other than to prophesize its coming.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Again, these topics have been discussed at length on other threads. You will not accept the proof and scriptures I have given. You even confess that I am right about the future but you will not submit to God or Christ and obey them now. You are deceived.

Now, God's Festivals picture God's Master Plan of Salvation which you and your false religious system want to avoid. Your system doesn't even consider God the Father. It is almost as if your christ has made Him seem too old, too cruel, too out of touch and you have relegated Him to a secondary role and your christ's plan of Salvation overrides everything. You are wrong!
Your so called proofs have been refuted with Scripture. You have been refuted by the apostle Paul himself. Readers refer to post #25.

And I have not confessed that you are right about anything. I refuted your false assertion that believers do not go to heaven by showing Scripture both with regard to Tribulational martyrs in heaven, as well as the raptured Church in heaven and about to return to the earth with Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the very heart of God the Father's plan of redemption. With the completion of Christ's work on the cross the Old Testament rituals are obsolete and do not apply to the Church.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-05-2012 at 08:20 AM..

Old 09-05-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Your so called proofs have been refuted with Scripture. You have been refuted by the apostle Paul himself.

And I have not confessed that you are right about anything. I refuted your false assertion that believers do not go to heaven by showing Scripture both with regard to Tribulational martyrs in heaven, as well as the raptured Church in heaven and about to return to the earth with Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the very heart of God the Father's plan of redemption. With the completion of Christ's work on the cross the Old Testament rituals are obsolete and do not apply to the Church.
I have given you scriptures from Paul that refute your arguments.

I have given you scriptures concerning going to Heaven that refute your arguments.

And as far as the Plan of Salvation ending at the cross, this actually happens to be the very first step, the very beginning point for God's Plan of Salvation for all of mankind as demonstrated in the annual Holy Days a true Christian goes through each year.

So, you stop at the Passover (crucifixion) and refuse to go any further, but there is much much more to the Plan of Salvation of the true God! Look at the Holy Days and Festivals that come after the Passover. Do you understand their meaning and what they picture?

Passover
Days of Unleavened Bread
Pentecost
Feast of Trumpets
Day of Atonement
Feast of Tabernacles
Last Great Day

As you can see, you have left out some major things, things which occur and are pictured in the Holy Days that occur after the sacrifice of Christ as the Passover Lamb.

Until you keep and understand God's annual Holy Days your totally ignorant of God's Master Plan of Salvation.

I urge you to repent!

Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Quote:
I have given you scriptures from Paul that refute your arguments.

I have given you scriptures concerning going to Heaven that refute your arguments.

And as far as the Plan of Salvation ending at the cross, this actually happens to be the very first step, the very beginning point for God's Plan of Salvation for all of mankind as demonstrated in the annual Holy Days a true Christian goes through each year.

So, you stop at the Passover (crucifixion) and refuse to go any further, but there is much much more to the Plan of Salvation of the true God! Look at the Holy Days and Festivals that come after the Passover. Do you understand their meaning and what they picture?

Passover
Days of Unleavened Bread
Pentecost
Feast of Trumpets
Day of Atonement
Feast of Tabernacles
Last Great Day

As you can see, you have left out some major things, things which occur and are pictured in the Holy Days that occur after the sacrifice of Christ as the Passover Lamb.

Until you keep and understand God's annual Holy Days your totally ignorant of God's Master Plan of Salvation.

I urge you to repent!
From Paul:
Galatians 3:21-25
For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law....
So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.
Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Colossians 2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Romans 3:21
[ Righteousness Through Faith ] But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.

Romans 4:13
It was not through the law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith.

Galatians 2:21
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

And there is whole lot more

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity