Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 04:27 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Tthttf, I have given this thread more time than it deserves. I have refuted your Armstrongism beliefs and shown them to be false. Nor have I taken or attempted to take the thread off topic. I have addressed things you yourself brought up in the OP.

I know full well that you will not listen to anyone because you have been programmed with the beliefs of Herbert Armstrong. You simply keep on barking Na-uh, na-uh! to anything which is said to you.

But I have provided enough information for anyone who is honest with himself to see that you are teaching false doctrines. If anyone does buy into this false doctrine you are pushing, it is their problem as well as yours.

Therefore I am now done with this thread.
No, I am not teaching false doctrines as you claim. You are the one teaching false doctrines that ignore God the Father and the basic Commandments that His Son Christ gave. Neither God nor Christ have ever ever done away with the Spiritual Law of God. And the Holy Days will be kept forever despite all of your protests to the contrary.

God's Plan of Salvation is revealed in God's Annual Festivals and Holy Days. These days are found in the Holy Scriptures as you would expect whereas your annual days of worship come out of paganism--Baal worship which God hates and condemns in His Holy Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
No, I am not teaching false doctrines as you claim. You are the one teaching false doctrines that ignore God the Father and the basic Commandments that His Son Christ gave. Neither God nor Christ have ever ever done away with the Spiritual Law of God. And the Holy Days will be kept forever despite all of your protests to the contrary.

God's Plan of Salvation is revealed in God's Annual Festivals and Holy Days. These days are found in the Holy Scriptures as you would expect whereas your annual days of worship come out of paganism--Baal worship which God hates and condemns in His Holy Word.
So basically what you are saying is that all but a handful of people who are commited to Christ and Love the Lord with al of their heart are doomed, because they don't keep the holy days? So like what-in your opinion-there is gonna be a couple of hundred (if that many) people in Heaven?

I think you are the one with the false doctrine. 99.999999% of christians are wrong, you say?

Old 09-05-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So basically what you are saying is that all but a handful of people who are commited to Christ and Love the Lord with al of their heart are doomed, because they don't keep the holy days? So like what-in your opinion-there is gonna be a couple of hundred (if that many) people in Heaven?

I think you are the one with the false doctrine. 99.999999% of christians are wrong, you say?
No. The "spring harvest" is small. The "fall harvest" is much much greater but Christ needs help during the "fall harvest" and those who are called now and who will be in the First Resurrection will rule under Christ in the soon coming Kingdom of God to be set up on this earth.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:35 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times
Quote:
The main subject of this thread is God's Master Plan but you and others keep clinging to the writings of Paul to try to justify rebellion against God's Spiritual Law. Here we see beings who are much higher in rank than Paul give the real Truth.

Jesus Christ:
Matthew 19:
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Again, Jesus Christ:
Revelation 22:
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments [God the Father's Commandments], that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie [those that do not keep God the Father's Commandments].
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches...

As recorded by John:
Revelation 14:
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

And then finally Paul himself condemns your rebellion:
1 Corinthians 7
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

It is almost like God uses Paul's writings like the false prophet who convinced the true prophet of God to come back and eat and drink with him (he lied to him) and then condemned him after he had compromised on what God told him. God allows Paul to give you enough rope to hang your ownselves in your desire to break God's Commandments:

1 Kings 13:
18 He said unto him, I am a prophet also as thou art; and an angel spake unto me by the word of the LORD, saying, Bring him back with thee into thine house, that he may eat bread and drink water. But he lied unto him.
19 So he went back with him, and did eat bread in his house, and drank water.
20 And it came to pass, as they sat at the table, that the word of the LORD came unto the prophet that brought him back:
21 And he cried unto the man of God that came from Judah, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Forasmuch as thou hast disobeyed the mouth of the LORD, and hast not kept the commandment which the LORD thy God commanded thee,
22 But camest back, and hast eaten bread and drunk water in the place, of the which the LORD did say to thee, Eat no bread, and drink no water; thy carcase shall not come unto the sepulchre of thy fathers.

God's Sabbath and Holy Days are more than test commands, they show God's True Plan of Salvation for all of mankind. We learn each Holy Day more about God and His Plan.
Jesus is not talking about the ten commandments per say [they were not given to the Gentles] but rather the commandments He has for the Church which do include the basics of the ten commandments which in a nutshell mean to love God and your fellow man but it also includes much more to those who mature in Christ but does not include keeping the Sabbath or any other Holy day as He himself has said but you deliberately ignore that part in Matt 19.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:42 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
HE had better hurry up and get the salvation thing in motion...some of us are barely holding on and our endurance regarding stupidity and evil is waning... If GOD does not make a move soon..there is going to be a lot of divine collateral damage...How much longer do we have to wait...God if you are listening---HURRY UP!

Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Jesus is not talking about the ten commandments per say [they were not given to the Gentles] but rather the commandments He has for the Church which do include the basics of the ten commandments which in a nutshell mean to love God and your fellow man but it also includes much more to those who mature in Christ but does not include keeping the Sabbath or any other Holy day as He himself has said but you deliberately ignore that part in Matt 19.
I am not ignoring anything. Christ says clearly here that we are to keep the Commandments. You can't twist those words as eome like to twist Paul's writings.

Christ backs up these words later in the last chapter of the last book in the New Testament -- Revelation 22.

Revelation 22:
13 I [Christ] am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments [God the Father's Commandments], that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie [Notice these without have not repented of their sins and are identified as breaking God's Commandments].
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches...

Again God's Plan of Salvation is pictured in the Holy Days of God. The Feast of Unleavened Bread pictures putting sin out of our lives and leaven is used as a symbol for sin.

The next Holy Day coming up is the Feast of Trumpets which is less than two weeks away. This nation should be keeping this day which pictures the dramatic return of Jesus Christ to this earth to set up the Government of God on this earth.

May God speed that day....

Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
I am not ignoring anything. Christ says clearly here that we are to keep the Commandments. You can't twist those words as eome like to twist Paul's writings.

Christ backs up these words later in the last chapter of the last book in the New Testament -- Revelation 22.

Revelation 22:
13 I [Christ] am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie [Notice these without have not repented of their sins and are identified as breaking God's Commandments].

Again God's Plan of Salvation is pictured in the Holy Days of God. The Feast of Unleavened Bread pictures putting sin out of our lives and leaven is used as a symbol for sin.

The next Holy Day coming up is the Feast of Trumpets which is less than two weeks away. This nation should be keeping this day which pictures the dramatic return of Jesus Christ to this earth to set up the Government of God on this earth.

May God speed that day....

I hope you're watching the military channel right now. They're showing video \ audio of the stand-off between David Korish and the FBI \ATF as they negotiate between the two.

David Korish talks about how just a few are keeping the commandments of God, how only a few are the chosen ones (not surprisingly he's convinced he is) and how the return of Christ to set up his kingdom is going to happen very soon.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I hope you're watching the military channel right now. They're showing video \ audio of the stand-off between David Korish and the FBI \ATF as they negotiate between the two.

David Korish talks about how just a few are keeping the commandments of God, how only a few are the chosen ones (not surprisingly he's convinced he is) and how the return of Christ to set up his kingdom is going to happen very soon.
There are many that believe that Christ is soon going to Return and set up the Kingdom of God on this earth. Trying to slander a person by association with a very unpopular person is not a Christian attribute but is a political maneuver that comes out of this present evil world. The thread's main topic was God's Annual Festivals -- God's Master Plan of Salvation and not about David Koresh.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:51 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
There are many that believe that Christ is soon going to Return and set up the Kingdom of God on this earth. Trying to slander a person by association with a very unpopular person is not a Christian attribute but is a political maneuver that comes out of this present evil world. The thread's main topic was God's Annual Festivals -- God's Master Plan of Salvation and not about David Koresh.
It's not my fault that some of the things you say have been said before by others. I have no intention of slandering but to advise whom it is that originates such has not the Spirit of truth.

God's master plan is John 3:16 via the great commision Matthew 28:18-20.
Sound like a new OP cometh forth

Old 09-08-2012, 12:49 AM

21 posts, read 19,044 times
He's right. We were made to inhabit this earth and that's exactly where we will stay. Jesus will rule on earth during the millenium and he's right about Gods master plan. I just don't think he has the best way of communicating it to you guys lol. In your own quote to dispute him-"Gods Holy days are a shadow of things to come" umm...hello? Is this thing on.

Here's a great read that explains it better than I ever could....

Revelation Timeline Bible Secret Revealed: The Old Testament Prophetic Feasts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity