Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:31 AM

407 posts, read 830,939 times

Advertisements

Do you believe in:

A. Pre-Trib Rapture

B. Mid-Trib Rapture

C. No Rapture at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 11:01 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
"We will be carried to a higher place, even while we yet live."

Old 09-08-2012, 01:05 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,939,669 times
I believe "The Great Multitude" in White Robes
washed in the blood of the Lamb with Palms in hand
standing before The Throne & The Lamb
of The 6th Seal to be The Wedding Rapture. - Rev.7:9

Old 09-08-2012, 01:17 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,863,778 times
Rapture: Are you prepared to be right ... or wrong?
I believe that the Bible teaches a pre-Tribulation Rapture based on Ten scripture-based reasons below. But, ultimately, all will either DIE or be RAPTURED and immediately "go to meet the Lord in the air" --- The question folks should be asking themselves is, are you living in a manner that prepares you to be right or wrong about the rapture?

“10 Compelling Proofs for a Pre-Tribulation Rapture.”

1) Scripture repeatedly refers to the sudden removal (‘Rapture’) of believers. God has also promised to keep His people from His wrath and the time of the Great Tribulation.
a) Some are taken, others are left behind - Mat 24:37-44
b) Caught up to meet Lord in the clouds - 1 Th. 4:16-17
c) Some are kept from wrath - Rev 3:10, I Th. 5:9; Lk 21:36
d) Changed in the twinkling of an eye – 1 Cor 15:51-52
e) Wicked punished (Tribulation) Eph 5:6-7; Is. 26:20-21

2) God’s wrath and judgment are not intended for Christ’s church - God has always removed His people from the path of His wrath and judgment.
a) God’s divine protection - ITh.1:10; 5:9; Rom 5:9; Eph 5:6;
Gal 3:16; 2 Pet 2:9; Rev 3:10
b) Noah–Gn7:1;Lot–Gn19:23-25; Passover-Ex12:12-14
c) Salvation: Rom 3:23; 6:23; IJN 1:10
d). Pray for deliverance from Great Tribulation (Lk 21:36)

3) Christ’s church on earth is absent during the entire 16 chapter description of the Great Tribulation on earth
a) “Church” 20 times and 7 letters - Rev 1-3
b) No reference to the church on earth during Great Tribulation (Rev 4-19)
c) God’s people (church) appears from Heaven (Rev 19, 21:22) .

4) God’s 'selective' protection of some believers, and wrath for others, is unprecedented
a) Only 144,000 are sealed / protected on earth Rev 7:1-14
b) “God is no respecter of persons” - Act 10:34
c) All believers are one; One bread/body - Gal 3:28; 1Cor 10:17

5). The removal of God’s Holy Spirit makes way for the rise of the Antichrist during the Great Tribulation (He who restrains the lawless one) ... yet, God has promised to never leave or take His Spirit from believers
a) Holy Spirit removed - 2 Thes 2:7-8
b) Satan’s empowered to make war against saints - Rev 13:7-8
c) Take a number; worship the beast – Rev. 13:14-16
d) God will be with believers always - Mat 28:20+
e). Nothing separates believers from God’s love – Rom 8:36-38

6). The 7-year Great Tribulation is a final opportunity for the lost to repent and be saved (No point for the saved)
a) Remaining new believers are martyred (#5) - Rev 6:9-11
b) Multitude of martyred Tribulation believers – Rev. 7:14
c) It is not God’s will that any should perish - 2 Pet 3:9
d) Lives of last generation lost otherwise cut short

7) Christ will first return in the air/clouds (rapture) – After the Tribulation, Christ will return to earth on the Mount of Olives
a) Meet Lord in the Clouds - I Thes 4:16-17
b) “I will come back and take you with me” - Jn 14:23
c) Return with army of believers.- Rev 19:14
d) Feet will stand on mount of Olives – Zech. 14:3-4
e) City Split in three parts - Zech 14 & Rev 16:17-19

8) Conditions on earth toward the middle and end of the Great Tribulation are horrific and inconsistent with those described when believers are caught-up to meet the Lord in the air (Rapture) –Mat. 24:37-44; 1Thes 4:16-17
a) There will be Tribulation on earth unlike any time ever before or again. - Mat 24:21
b) People working side-by-side in fields; on roofs; etc.; eating, drinking, marrying and suddenly taken - Mat 24:37-44; Lk 17
c) All grass and wheat destroyed; Ships & marine life are destroyed; Fresh water is poison and turned to blood;
Men attacked by demons; develop boils, and are killed. Rev 8:7; 16:3-17

9).. A mid Tribulation rapture leaves no saints on earth to make war against, during Satan’s 42-month War
a) At 42-months, beast given power to make war against the saints and overcome (martyr) them. - Rev 13:4-8 –

10) There are significant differences between Christ’s Rapture of the church, and the Glorious Appearing of Christ at the end of the Great Tribulation–
a) Believers are gathered from heaven as army; The earth will mourn - Mat 24:30-31 – Rev 19:14;
b) Believers rejoice when Christ Comes - Jn 16:21-22; I Ch 16:10; Lk 19:37; Rev 12:12
c). Earth will mourn at final return of Christ

Old 09-08-2012, 01:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
The question folks should be asking themselves is, are you living in a manner that prepares you to be right or wrong about the rapture?
That is a good question in the form of a statement; but are you prepared to be wrong?

Old 09-08-2012, 01:40 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,649,126 times
jhgorton did a great job providing supporting Scripture. A great "type" in Scripture that would support God taking out his people is seen when the Lord delivers the deemed righteous from Sodom Gomorrah prior to destruction. The Wrath of God was not intended for them.

I also what is considered a "pre-tribulation" position in which I believe the Church will be raptured prior to the beginning of God's Wrath which is defined at beginning at Revelation 6.

I believe the "24 elders" in the Book of Revelation consist of the Church believers as they acknowledge themselves as the "Redeemed" from all kindreds and tongure (interpret that Gentiles). These folks talk to those that "made themselves white" with their testimony of Jesus Christ through their martyrdom at the fifth seal.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:52 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,968,228 times
C.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:20 PM

33,337 posts, read 26,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Rapture: Are you prepared to be right ... or wrong?
I believe that the Bible teaches a pre-Tribulation Rapture based on Ten scripture-based reasons below. But, ultimately, all will either DIE or be RAPTURED and immediately "go to meet the Lord in the air" --- The question folks should be asking themselves is, are you living in a manner that prepares you to be right or wrong about the rapture?

“10 Compelling Proofs for a Pre-Tribulation Rapture.”

1) Scripture repeatedly refers to the sudden removal (‘Rapture’) of believers. God has also promised to keep His people from His wrath and the time of the Great Tribulation.
a) Some are taken, others are left behind - Mat 24:37-44
b) Caught up to meet Lord in the clouds - 1 Th. 4:16-17
c) Some are kept from wrath - Rev 3:10, I Th. 5:9; Lk 21:36
d) Changed in the twinkling of an eye – 1 Cor 15:51-52
e) Wicked punished (Tribulation) Eph 5:6-7; Is. 26:20-21

2) God’s wrath and judgment are not intended for Christ’s church - God has always removed His people from the path of His wrath and judgment.
a) God’s divine protection - ITh.1:10; 5:9; Rom 5:9; Eph 5:6;
Gal 3:16; 2 Pet 2:9; Rev 3:10
b) Noah–Gn7:1;Lot–Gn19:23-25; Passover-Ex12:12-14
c) Salvation: Rom 3:23; 6:23; IJN 1:10
d). Pray for deliverance from Great Tribulation (Lk 21:36)

3) Christ’s church on earth is absent during the entire 16 chapter description of the Great Tribulation on earth
a) “Church” 20 times and 7 letters - Rev 1-3
b) No reference to the church on earth during Great Tribulation (Rev 4-19)
c) God’s people (church) appears from Heaven (Rev 19, 21:22) .

4) God’s 'selective' protection of some believers, and wrath for others, is unprecedented
a) Only 144,000 are sealed / protected on earth Rev 7:1-14
b) “God is no respecter of persons” - Act 10:34
c) All believers are one; One bread/body - Gal 3:28; 1Cor 10:17

5). The removal of God’s Holy Spirit makes way for the rise of the Antichrist during the Great Tribulation (He who restrains the lawless one) ... yet, God has promised to never leave or take His Spirit from believers
a) Holy Spirit removed - 2 Thes 2:7-8
b) Satan’s empowered to make war against saints - Rev 13:7-8
c) Take a number; worship the beast – Rev. 13:14-16
d) God will be with believers always - Mat 28:20+
e). Nothing separates believers from God’s love – Rom 8:36-38

6). The 7-year Great Tribulation is a final opportunity for the lost to repent and be saved (No point for the saved)
a) Remaining new believers are martyred (#5) - Rev 6:9-11
b) Multitude of martyred Tribulation believers – Rev. 7:14
c) It is not God’s will that any should perish - 2 Pet 3:9
d) Lives of last generation lost otherwise cut short

7) Christ will first return in the air/clouds (rapture) – After the Tribulation, Christ will return to earth on the Mount of Olives
a) Meet Lord in the Clouds - I Thes 4:16-17
b) “I will come back and take you with me” - Jn 14:23
c) Return with army of believers.- Rev 19:14
d) Feet will stand on mount of Olives – Zech. 14:3-4
e) City Split in three parts - Zech 14 & Rev 16:17-19

8) Conditions on earth toward the middle and end of the Great Tribulation are horrific and inconsistent with those described when believers are caught-up to meet the Lord in the air (Rapture) –Mat. 24:37-44; 1Thes 4:16-17
a) There will be Tribulation on earth unlike any time ever before or again. - Mat 24:21
b) People working side-by-side in fields; on roofs; etc.; eating, drinking, marrying and suddenly taken - Mat 24:37-44; Lk 17
c) All grass and wheat destroyed; Ships & marine life are destroyed; Fresh water is poison and turned to blood;
Men attacked by demons; develop boils, and are killed. Rev 8:7; 16:3-17

9).. A mid Tribulation rapture leaves no saints on earth to make war against, during Satan’s 42-month War
a) At 42-months, beast given power to make war against the saints and overcome (martyr) them. - Rev 13:4-8 –

10) There are significant differences between Christ’s Rapture of the church, and the Glorious Appearing of Christ at the end of the Great Tribulation–
a) Believers are gathered from heaven as army; The earth will mourn - Mat 24:30-31 – Rev 19:14;
b) Believers rejoice when Christ Comes - Jn 16:21-22; I Ch 16:10; Lk 19:37; Rev 12:12
c). Earth will mourn at final return of Christ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
jhgorton did a great job providing supporting Scripture. A great "type" in Scripture that would support God taking out his people is seen when the Lord delivers the deemed righteous from Sodom Gomorrah prior to destruction. The Wrath of God was not intended for them.

I also what is considered a "pre-tribulation" position in which I believe the Church will be raptured prior to the beginning of God's Wrath which is defined at beginning at Revelation 6.

I believe the "24 elders" in the Book of Revelation consist of the Church believers as they acknowledge themselves as the "Redeemed" from all kindreds and tongure (interpret that Gentiles). These folks talk to those that "made themselves white" with their testimony of Jesus Christ through their martyrdom at the fifth seal.
I agree with both of you. I would also like to point out that the general outline of the book of Revelation itself confirms the pre-tribulational rapture of the Church. That general outline is given in Revelation 1:19.

Rev. 1:19 "Therefore write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.

'The things which you have seen' refer to the things which were revealed to John in chapter one.

'And the things which are' refer to the events of the present Church-age. The seven Churches which are evaluated by Jesus Christ in chapters two and three are representative of the trends and cycles of Churches through out the dispensation of the Church.

'And the things which will take place after these things' refer to everything which will take place after the Church-age concludes and are covered in chapters four through twenty two. The Tribulation leads the list of things which will take place after the Church-age. 'After these things.'

Notice that the Church is not mentioned between chapters four and nineteen where the Church is referred to as the bride (Rev. 19:7-8) and the scene is in heaven.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:37 PM

10,057 posts, read 18,123,521 times
(c) for sure. Rapture? Seriously?

And note, Muslims would say that God's judgment and wrath is not aimed at THEM. Other religions that believe that only THEY are "the chosen ones" (and certainly not all religions believe that) would say that God's judgment and wrath is not aimed at THEM.

If you take many of your statements OUT OF THE CONTEXT OF RELIGION, you would ask incredulously, "Who could believe this stuff?"

Old 09-08-2012, 05:13 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,463,011 times
A. - Pre-trib rapture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity