Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM

88,851 posts, read 85,274,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Indeed! There will be many, many who are surprised, lovesMountains.

God does not hold us accountable for our lack of knowledge or understanding . . . just any lack of agape love.
Does this mean there won't be arguing in Heaven? Oh darn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 04:48 PM

88,851 posts, read 85,274,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy joe bob View Post
well great then! We both accept paul's teaching to the church as true and in effect as long as the church is here. That's the way to let god's word be right and not to worry about what men try to teach us different.
lol.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM

20,456 posts, read 12,846,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
lol.
I wondered how long it would take you to respond to that.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:55 PM

35,796 posts, read 21,180,304 times
OH yes- God will use whom-ever to spread his Gospel and if man won't He will empower the ladies,.. rember there were alot of things in the bible that were addressed to the " times" as long beards, clothing, hair etc. same with whom,,, so do not box HIM in.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,885,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Michaels View Post
Well I think it's only fair I give you my thoughts on this since I asked the question and started the thread.

I believe women can only teach the children and other women within the church. They are not qualified to pastor a church of be a deacon. All the leadership roles within the church are given to men alone.
Really Dave? My pastor ordained me a deaconess, before I was ordained as a Minister.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 PM

428 posts, read 331,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
Really Dave? My pastor ordained me a deaconess, before I was ordained as a Minister.
That does not make it right! Many churches are in open rebellion against God and His Word!

Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM

64,010 posts, read 40,312,329 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
That does not make it right! Many churches are in open rebellion against God and His Word!
Most churches have retained the ignorance of our ancient ancestors for purposes of ego-gratification and the retention of power and control over the flock. This despite Christ's direct admonition AGAINST ANY hierarchy within His followers ("He who would be first . . . etc."). Since Christ IS the Word . . . it is those churches who have elevated the Bible ABOVE Christ Himself who are in open rebellion.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:25 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,885,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
OH yes- God will use whom-ever to spread his Gospel and if man won't He will empower the ladies,.. rember there were alot of things in the bible that were addressed to the " times" as long beards, clothing, hair etc. same with whom,,, so do not box HIM in.
Thank you! I am so curious to know what denomination these men are who insist they KNOW it all.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:41 AM

428 posts, read 331,973 times
Quote:
Thank you! I am so curious to know what denomination these men are who insist they KNOW it all.
1 Timothy 2:11-14 (KJV)

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1 Corinthians 14:34 - Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1 Corinthians 14:35 - And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Corinthians 14:37 - If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

Looks like it's the Lord you have an issue with rather than men and denominations.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:49 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,273,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Michaels View Post
There seems to be some debate within some churches on what God call's women to do and not do. Do you believe that a woman is barred from teaching men in the church (not talking about at home or outside the gathered church). Can a woman preach? Can a woman pastor a church?
Absolutely, yes a woman can teach, preach and be a pastor of a church. My sister in law got her law degree first and worked as an attorney for years then she went to Yale Divinity School and became a Minister. She has been a visiting Minister several times at different churches and is now waiting for her opportunity to be a Pastor of a church.

My Mother In Law goes to a Hungarian church and the Pastor at this church is also a woman. So I guess it is an ok thing. I haven't ever seen an instance where a woman has been a priest in a Catholic church but have seen women priests in Episcopal churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity