Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 04:12 PM

428 posts, read 331,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Is it REALLY bliss?
You should know!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 04:39 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,528,814 times
WOW, speaking of intelligent Christians.

I learned more about the love of God from a 45 year old dying woman and a 50 year old "child man".

Both showed me and many other believers the beauty, the love, and compassion of Him than any seminary taught, bible quoting man I have ever met. Christ was truly shone through her words, and deeds despite the suffering her body endured. The "child man" had the voice of an angel and the unconditional love of a child despite the sneers and rolling eyes of many others.

I don't for a minute believe God ignores the ministering, the preaching, or any work in His church of anyone including women who were and are restrained by man, not God.

I am pretty sure God does the choosing and man should not restrain the chosen.

r.i.p. sweet Kathy and dear Ricky

Old 10-05-2012, 04:50 PM

88,660 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
Well I did a search and found it. I think I did read it but it really gave no scriptural support for making a change from what God's word clearly say's.

Paul gave the reason for the situation plainly and that has not changed. The problem is by not accepting God's word as something He expects you to accept and live by, you can change things to suit your wishes all the time. It's a great way to get around things until you have to face the judge!

I accept God and His word as is. I don't change God based on mans reasoning. I would show you what the bible say's about those who accept the doctrines of man but since you have no respect for God's word I don't see the point.
God's word to love one another does not include unkindness, judgmentalism, or the pride of believing in one's own superiority to others

Old 10-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
God's word to love one another does not include unkindness, judgmentalism, or the pride of believing in one's own superiority to others
Well judge me as you will. I am not superior to anyone. I do call it like I see it and don't tend to beat around the bush. You are the one who said you did not consider the bible as literal or something like that. I just accepted what you said as the truth and went with that.

But I come back to the original question. Do you have any scripture to support the idea that Paul's teaching to the church concerning women is wrong or no longer in effect? If so please give it. If not then the answer should be "no".

Old 10-05-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post

I learned more about the love of God from a 45 year old dying woman and a 50 year old "child man".

Both showed me and many other believers the beauty, the love, and compassion of Him than any seminary taught, bible quoting man I have ever met. Christ was truly shone through her words, and deeds despite the suffering her body endured. The "child man" had the voice of an angel and the unconditional love of a child despite the sneers and rolling eyes of many others.

I don't for a minute believe God ignores the ministering, the preaching, or any work in His church of anyone including women who were and are restrained by man, not God.

So let me ask you a question. Do you think God would do anything contrary to His word? (by "His Word" I mean the bible. Mainly the teachings to the church given by Paul) Yes or No?

Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,528,814 times
Quote:
So let me ask you a question. Do you think God would do anything contrary to His word? (by "His Word" I mean the bible. Mainly the teachings to the church given by Paul) Yes or No?
Question should be..do you believe the bible is God breathed and innerrant? yes or no? My answer is no and we are off topic I am always glad to answer personal q's via dm tho.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:06 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,938,956 times
Quote:

That was a very touching and beautiful tribute, Miss Blue.
Thank you so much for sharing that.
peace,
sparrow

Old 10-05-2012, 09:32 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,795,101 times
Quote:

I am pretty sure God does the choosing and man should not restrain the chosen

Good for you my friend.

I can assure you, you actually know more about God than some of the Christians posting here

I am sorry for your losses, but I know Kathy and Ricky will live on in you.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That was a very touching and beautiful tribute, Miss Blue.
Thank you so much for sharing that.
peace,
sparrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Good for you my friend.

I can assure you, you actually know more about God than some of the Christians posting here

I am sorry for your losses, but I know Kathy and Ricky will live on in you.
I echo the kudos and you have my sympathies as well, Miss Blue. Your posts are a blessing to us all.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:54 AM

88,660 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Well judge me as you will. I am not superior to anyone. I do call it like I see it and don't tend to beat around the bush. You are the one who said you did not consider the bible as literal or something like that. I just accepted what you said as the truth and went with that.

But I come back to the original question. Do you have any scripture to support the idea that Paul's teaching to the church concerning women is wrong or no longer in effect? If so please give it. If not then the answer should be "no".
I wasn't judging you, my dear. I'm not authorized. Just responding to your words and perhaps offering a gentle reminder.

In answer to your question, no, of course not, but I also don't think it's a valid question since I am not a follower of Paul, but of Jesus, or at least I try to be. Paul wrote a lot of great stuff, no doubt there, but he isn't God, and he wasn't perfect. He was, as my priest phrased it, a "son of his age", and that age was a patriarchal society.

Christ came into the world to take away our sins, not our God-given ability to reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity