Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

In 10 years, there will be no more Israel: Kissinger

As a preterist I don't put futuristic interpretations on scriptures and I believe it could happen. Kissinger is Jewish and one of the foremost political scientists. He should know.

Quote:
The idea of Israel’s inexorable collapse is no longer a taboo as more top brass US officials are explicitly attesting to the fact, with prominent US diplomat Henry Kissinger saying, “In 10 years, there will be no more Israel.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

As a preterist I don't put futuristic interpretations on scriptures and I believe it could happen. Kissinger is Jewish and one of the foremost political scientists. He should know.
I am a watchman who proclaims liberty from the Lord to Jerusalem.

IS 62:6-11 I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: you that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till He establish, and till He make Jerusalem a praise in the earth. The LORD has sworn by His Right Hand, and by the Arm of His Strength, Surely I will no more give your wheat to be meat for your enemies; and the sons of the stranger shall not drink your wine, for the which you have laboured: But they that have gathered it shall eat it, and praise the Lord; and they that have brought it together shall drink it in the courts of My holiness. Go through, go through the gates; prepare you the way of the people; cast up, cast up the highway; gather out the stones; lift up a standard for the people. Behold, the Lord has proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say you to the daughter of Zion, Behold, your salvation is coming; behold, His reward is with him, and his work before him.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

God has other, and better plans for Israel. There has been a partial regathering of the Jews to Israel in a state of unbelief in preparation for the Tribulation. Israel will never again cease to exist.

For whoever may be interested, here are two studies on Israel's past, present, and future.

Israel Regathered : Country Bible Church - Brenham, TX >> > This is a six part series.

DeanBible.org: 2006 - ISRAEL Past Present and Future >> > This is a ten part series. In the link, click on 001 Israel PPF for the audio for the first part.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
I agree that God has other plans for Israel, and that it will not disappear as Kissinger predicts.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:24 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
I think Kissenger has at least a 50% chance of being right. Putting all those Jews in the middle of all those Muslims was about the dumbest idea I've ever heard of. Its would have been far better to give them their own country from some land in some place like California or Utah or something. Finn: The Jews themselves will continue as a people, but there's no guarantee for the nation. After all, they didn't have their own nation for 1900 years.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:48 AM

428 posts, read 330,806 times
Not only will Israel continue but the surrounding countries will have to give up the land God gave to Israel. No one will ever over take them again. Every time they try to attack Israel they end up loosing more of the land they hold that belongs to Israel.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:52 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
I think Kissenger has at least a 50% chance of being right. Putting all those Jews in the middle of all those Muslims was about the dumbest idea I've ever heard of. Its would have been far better to give them their own country from some land in some place like California or Utah or something. Finn: The Jews themselves will continue as a people, but there's no guarantee for the nation. After all, they didn't have their own nation for 1900 years.
Prarie, I'm a little surprised at your take on this, since it was God's "dumb idea" and plan (unless yours is a tongue-in-cheek observation).

From a worldly perspective, you are certainly right, but, then, scripture reveals an entirely different 'end-of-the-story.' It's pretty clear in Ezekiel, Isaiah and Revelation etc. that all of those who now threaten to annihilate Israel, will one day, themselves, be annihilated. If the U.S. wishes to remain in God's favor, our best strategy is to remain fully committed to Israel.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Zechariah 12

1 The burden of the word of the Lord for Israel, saith the Lord, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

4 In that day, saith the Lord, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

5 And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the Lord of hosts their God.

8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;

14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

Zechariah 14

1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark

Zechariah 14:12

And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

There may be no more Kissinger, but there will be Israel.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Prarie, I'm a little surprised at your take on this, since it was God's "dumb idea" and plan (unless yours is a tongue-in-cheek observation).

From a worldly perspective, you are certainly right, but, then, scripture reveals an entirely different 'end-of-the-story.' It's pretty clear in Ezekiel, Isaiah and Revelation etc. that all of those who now threaten to annihilate Israel, will one day, themselves, be annihilated. If the U.S. wishes to remain in God's favor, our best strategy is to remain fully committed to Israel.
Amen.... I was totally surprised myself when I read it !!!

Even from a worldly point of view..... California, Utah... OH, DEAR !!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:14 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post

What on earth makes you think God favors the United States?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity