Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 02:41 AM

951 posts, read 1,054,553 times

Advertisements

If one is to become a converted Christian, one must become spiritually an Israelite! Salvation is for “every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek” (Rom. 1:16).

Gentiles were not even excluded, under the Old Testament, the Sabbath was for Gentiles as well as Israelites.

Gentiles could come into the congregation of Israel and many did. Note that when they were first leaving Egypt, “... a mixed multitude went up also with them” (Ex. 12:38). So we see that Gentiles were among them.

The instructions that God gave for observing the Passover: “And when a stranger [Gentile] shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the Passover to the Eternal, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land” (Ex. 12:48). Verse 49: “One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.”

So Gentiles could come in and become naturalized citizens of Israel.

Jesus Christ said that the Sabbath was made for MAN and not just for the Jews only, not for the Israelites only, but for man! Even as it was made for Adam, it was also made for man in this 21st century.

Isaiah 56 begins with a “Thus saith the LORD ...” So, this is from God.

“... Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.” This is the time setting of this prophecy.

So when is God’s salvation near to come and when is His righteousness to be revealed? See Hebrews 9:27-28.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”

Christ will bring salvation when He appears the 2nd time.

The RSV: “So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin, but to save those who are eagerly waiting for Him.”

And when does Christ’s Salvation appear? Revelation 12:10: “Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ” --the time of Christ’s second coming.

Jesus said: “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be” (Rev. 22:12). Again, the time is Christ’s second coming.

Therefore we see that the time of Isaiah’s prophecy is just shortly before the second coming of Christ.

Notice what Christ says in Isaiah:

“Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. Neither let the son of the stranger [Gentile], that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, the LORD hath utterly separated me from his people” (Isa. 56:2-3).

Therefore let no Gentile, in our 21st century, now, that has been converted, and joined himself to the Lord Jesus Christ, say that Christ has separated him from God’s people Israel. No. The Sabbath was NOT a sign to separate Gentiles from Israelites! Gentiles were NOT excluded! The Sabbath is a sign to show who are His and who are not!

Isa. 56:6-7: “Also the sons of the stranger [Gentile], that join themselves to the LORD [that become Christians] to observe him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them [Gentiles] will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer ....”

Therefore you have positive proof with an irrefutable “thus saith the LORD” that the Sabbath was made for man, for mankind, for Gentile as well as Israelite.

And God has made His Sabbath binding forever (Ex. 31:12-17). It is binding forever, perpetually, throughout their generations, on Israelites. Their generations have not ended. Forever has not ended.

Now, Israelites become Christians through Christ just the same as Gentiles. So, Israelite Christians, then, are bound to keep God’s Holy Sabbath.

And what about the Gentiles? They, too, must keep it. They become Israelites, spiritually, when they receive God’s Holy Spirit and become truly converted Christians. God does not have a one way for the Jew and another way for the Gentile. He does not have one day for the Jew and another day for the Gentile. We know that Christ is not divided and that God is no respecter of persons but we are all one in Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,224,259 times
Galatians 5:14 " For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself' ".

Old 08-23-2012, 05:21 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,668,739 times
Default Amen tthttf ! To be Israel of God, Gentiles must keep the Sabbath ! It is God's holy word !...

Let us consider what Paul taught about the Ten Commandments. Here, Paul clearly states that Jews
and Gentiles have a duty to obey The Ten Commandments under The New Covenant:

"Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but {what matters is}the ***KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD."*** 1 Cor 7:19 (NAS)

Look! Paul is teaching us that the Jews [circumcision] and Gentiles [uncircumcision] MUST keep the Commandments of God!

Here is another verse:

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: **yea, we establish the law. ** Romans 3:31 (KJV)

Paul taught that we cannot be forgiven (justified) by any law; but once forgiven, we must obey The Ten Commandments. Furthermore, the scriptures teach that if gentiles are not of Israel --then they have no hope ...

"That at that time ye [Gentiles] were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, HAVING NO HOPE, and without God in the world" Eph.11:12

The New Covenant (that was established with the blood of Christ) is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah:

"For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with **the house of Israel and with the house of Judah**

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; **I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people,**" Heb 8:8-10

THE OLD COVENANT WAS WITH ISRAEL AND WAS WRITTEN IN STONE

THE NEW COVENANT IS WITH ISRAEL AND IS WRITTEN IN THE HEART

BUT THE COMMANDMENTS REMAIN THE SAME

Today, Gentiles and Jews, who have faith in Jesus Christ are the Israel of God. The Ten Commandments (including the Sabbath Commandment) are no longer written on tables of stone, but are now engraved upon the hearts of the people of God.

We MUST obey The Ten Commandments and the teaching of Jesus --and our salvation DOES depend upon that obedience. Jesus Christ, The Judge, gives his last warning to the churches:

"Blessed are they that DO his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie." Rev 22:14-15 (KJV)

Except for a remnant of faithful believers, ancient Israel was cut off from God because of their unbelief * (disobedience). The people who are joined to the New Covenant must never be high-minded and disobey God --for God is no respecter of persons!

Note:
"Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. Well; because of "unbelief** they were broken off, and thou standest by faith.

Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF THOU CONTINUE IN HIS GOODNESS: OTHERWISE THOU ALSO SHALT BE CUT OFF. Rom 11:19-22 (KJV)

* unbelief (#570) apaistia = unfaithfulness (disobedience)

...and THUS saith the LORD God Almighty !

Amen !

Old 08-23-2012, 05:30 AM

Default ...now here IS THE TRUTH as God meant it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Galatians 5:14 " For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself' ".
Antinomians say that faith renders the Christian free from
obligation to obey the Ten Commandments, and is in itself sufficient for salvation. According to them, Jesus taught that loving God and our neighbor replaces our duty to obey The Ten Commandments.

This is the scripture that they use to support their heresy:

"Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matt 22:35-40

Jesus didn't replace The Ten Commandments with those two precepts of love. With them, He established The Ten Commandments as The Royal Law of God by which all men will be judged. Friends, it is impossible to love God, or our neighbour, without obeying The Ten Commandments!

Here, John tells us HOW to love God:

"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." I Jn 5:3

In his answer to the lawyer, Jesus quoted directly from Deut 6:5-6 where it tells us HOW MUCH we are to love God. We read:

"And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words [The Ten Commandments], which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart ..."

Jesus is teaching us to obey The Ten Commandments with all our hearts ... That is HOW MUCH we are to love God!

Now, let us consider the second precept of love "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself".

These commandments also show us our duty to God. They pertain to our relationships with other people: Honor your father and mother. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness. Thou shalt not covet ...anything that is thy neighbours.

Again, it is impossible to love our neighbor and disobey those commandments. In his answer to the lawyer, Jesus establishes The Ten Commandments by quoting from this Old Testament Scripture:

"Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise REBUKE thy neighbour, and not suffer SIN upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, BUT THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF: I am the LORD. Lev 19:17-18

Jesus is teaching us to correct the brother who is disobeying The Ten Commandments -- That is the scriptural example of "loving thy neighbour as thyself."

Amen !

Old 08-23-2012, 06:19 AM

889 posts, read 826,702 times
The endless seventh day chatter.

Jesus gives all Authority (keys to the Kingdom of Heaven) to Peter.

Authority is passed down from pope to pope, pope to bishop, bishop to priest, priest to deacon.

Collectively, Jesus's church decides to celebrate the Lord's day as the Sabbath which is Sunday with full authority to do so.

If you don't acknowledge the authority of the early church, then we are at an impasse and it can never be resolved. We can either believe the Apostles and the disciples of the Apostles or believe a woman who said some things in the 1800's who was proven to be false, and therefore by Biblical standards, would be considered a false prophet.

I am not a Jew, I am a Christian.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,224,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
We can either believe the Apostles and the disciples of the Apostles or believe a woman who said some things in the 1800's who was proven to be false, and therefore by Biblical standards, would be considered a false prophet.
If I'm not mistaken, these are not followers of Ellen White, they are Armstrongians.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If I'm not mistaken, these are not followers of Ellen White, they are Armstrongians.
You are mistaken...about me.

I am not a follower of Ellen White or Armstrong or anyone else for that matter....I AM a follower of Jesus Christ...the WORD of God...Him and Him alone....God's Word.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:47 AM

951 posts, read 1,054,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
I am not a Jew, I am a Christian.
Christ was a Jew and Gentiles must become spiritual Israelites.
Christ was a Christian.
Christ kept the 7th Day Sabbath.
Christ kept the annual Holy Days.
Christ kept the 10 Commandments.
Christ said to have eternal life keep the Commandments which includes the 7th Day Sabbath
Christ will enforce the annual Sabbaths when He returns (Zech 14) and by extension weekly Sabbath.

The church at Rome along with Emperor Constantine forced Sunday worship which is pagan.
The church at Rome had no scriptural authority to change the rest day from Sabbath to Sunday.
The church at Rome brought in other pagan worship such as Christmas, Easter, etc.
The church at Rome has had put to death over 50,000,000 people and Sabbath-keepers are included.
The church at Rome is not a true follower of Jesus Christ because of the above.
The church at Rome is Gentile and not Christian.
The church at Rome is a Gentile organization because of the above.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Christ was a Jew and Gentiles must become spiritual Israelites.
Christ was a Christian.
Christ kept the 7th Day Sabbath.
Christ kept the annual Holy Days.
Christ kept the 10 Commandments.
Christ said to have eternal life keep the Commandments which includes the 7th Day Sabbath
Christ will enforce the annual Sabbaths when He returns (Zech 14) and by extension weekly Sabbath.

The church at Rome along with Emperor Constantine forced Sunday worship which is pagan.
The church at Rome had no scriptural authority to change the rest day from Sabbath to Sunday.
The church at Rome brought in other pagan worship such as Christmas, Easter, etc.
The church at Rome has had put to death over 50,000,000 people and Sabbath-keepers are included.
The church at Rome is not a true follower of Jesus Christ because of the above.
The church at Rome is Gentile and not Christian.
The church at Rome is a Gentile organization because of the above.
Amen !

Old 08-23-2012, 07:13 AM

The Sabbath is a test. Will we obey every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God --or not? To excuse their disobedience to the Sabbath Commandment, some Christians will say that it is only for the Jews; or, what day we observe isn't really important; or, we probably can't trace the calendar to when the manna was given, etc.

I am going to answer those objections with the words and life of Jesus Christ, our Saviour. Jesus is the final authority to consult about the Sabbath and its observance; because he sanctified it at creation; gave the Commandment; and will judge us all as we stand before His judgment seat. Jesus said:

"... The sabbath was made for man, ..." : Mark 2:27

The meaning of MAN: anthropos = i.e. a human being. So if you are a human being, the Sabbath was made for you. Yes, Jesus Christ sanctified The Sabbath Day at Creation, for the scriptures say of Him:

"All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:3

"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."
Gen 2:1-3 (KJV)

Jesus Christ was also with ancient Israel in the wilderness and gave the instructions for gathering the manna. The record shows us that the seventh day is the only day that Jesus will accept as His Holy Day.

"And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:" Exodus 13:21 (KJV)

The apostle Paul identified the cloud that went with them as Jesus Christ. (See 1 Cor 10:1-13) So, Jesus knew what day the manna fell --and the manna was a test to see if the people would obey Him.

"Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no! ... Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none." Exodus 16:4, 26

Please notice that the manna was given before The Ten Commandments were given on Mount Sinai. And when some people went out to gather it on the seventh day; the Lord referred to the Sabbath as MY Commandments and MY instructions when he said this to Moses:

"... How long do you refuse to keep My commandments and My instructions? " Exod 16:28 (NAS)

Speaking of these things, the apostle Paul gave this warning to the church: "But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness. Now, these things were our examples ... " (See I Cor 10:1-6)

The scriptures reveal that Jesus Christ spoke The Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai so that ALL of Israel could hear them --and then, he wrote them on the tables of stone.

"And the LORD SPAKE unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice. And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even TEN COMMANDMENTS and he wrote them upon two tables of stone." Deut 4:12-13

Moses, taught Israel statutes and judgments to show the people how to observe The Commandments of God. Here, he referred to the test of the manna and its relationship to The Sabbath Commandment:

"And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know

THAT MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY BREAD ONLY, BUT BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDETH OUT OF THE MOUTH OF THE LORD DOTH MAN LIVE." Deut 8:2-3

That is the only place in the scriptures where that distinctive verse appears --except when Jesus was hungry and was tempted in the wilderness to command the stones to be made bread! Matt 4:4, Luke 4:4.

Every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD includes the Sabbath Commandment! Many Christians say they have faith in Jesus, and love Him; but before they receive the crown of life, they must pass this very same test:

"WILL THEY WALK IN MY LAW -- OR NO?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity