Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:48 AM

93 posts, read 83,745 times

Advertisements

On this day, I have begotten you, My Son, and thou art a Priest forever according to Melchisedech Order. Christ priesthood comes from the Father. The perfect priesthood! So why are men and priest wanting to change what God the Father deemed perfect? I here some priest in the Roman Catholic Church wanting to ordain women into the priesthood. And those who speak loudest of this change say Christ never ordained anyone. But, in the Gospel of John 15;16 Christ says; Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you and ordained you.
Such corruption! And why is it that not one priest, bishop, or cardinal can stand up for Christ? Do you not know how offensive you have become to God? If you literally can not stand up for Christ, then you do not stand up for God the Father. You instead have become an abomination. Full of corruption! Christ says turn back to Me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 08:06 AM

398 posts, read 545,614 times
Simon Peter said to Him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are
not worthy of Life."
Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her
male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you
males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the
Kingdom of Heaven."

Gospel of Thomas: Vs 114.

FWIW.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM

The Gospel of Thomas is not found in the, Bible, is it now? And Thomas was the weakest of the twelve, for he had to see in order to believe in the resurrection.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times
So you believe in the catholic priesthood, or what?

Sorry I don't understand what your point is.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 PM

The priesthood of Christ is perfect. For it comes from the Father. The Roman Catholic Church has its roots in Christ priesthood which He gave Peter the keys to the church. But today there are RC priest who are supporting women to be ordained. That would go against God's perfect priesthood.
Now, I ask why not one priest, bishop or cardinal have not come forth to stand up and be counted in front of Christ. Literally in front of Him. They take vows to uphold Christ words. Yet, they turned their backs on Christ because they think they understand Scripture better then the Son, who has the Holy Spirit. Why! Because it has become, for lack of a better word, a corporation.
That is why the last chapter in Malachi, (dare a man rob God) they have become corrupt, because they literally refuse to stand up for the Son of man. Rome lives in the past! Malachi speaks that the LORD GOD and the One they seek Christ drawing near to them for judgement. Because they allowed man to rob God.
A purifying judgement.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
The Gospel of Thomas is not found in the, Bible, is it now? And Thomas was the weakest of the twelve, for he had to see in order to believe in the resurrection.
Oh...OK...I'm starting to learn some of the rules around here. To justify a position regarding Jesus we can
a.) Use the Old Testament
b.) Use the Gospel of John
c.) Use Paul
d.) Use Revelations
e.) Use Acts.

What we can't use are Jesus' words unless it is part of those works selected by Eusebius some 1600 years ago. Interesting how that automatically hobbles any discussion outside of a particular take (EG. Your own).

Why do I get the idea that if we ever took this to the next level you would be a BIG fan of Augustine rather than Julius.

You folks are just Sooooo transparent, ya know?

BTW: You may want to lighten up on Thomas. At least he came around to a solid belief on Jesus which is a lot more than I can say about most "christians" I run into these days.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
On this day, I have begotten you, My Son, and thou art a Priest forever according to Melchisedech Order. Christ priesthood comes from the Father. The perfect priesthood! So why are men and priest wanting to change what God the Father deemed perfect? I here some priest in the Roman Catholic Church wanting to ordain women into the priesthood. And those who speak loudest of this change say Christ never ordained anyone. But, in the Gospel of John 15;16 Christ says; Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you and ordained you.
Such corruption! And why is it that not one priest, bishop, or cardinal can stand up for Christ? Do you not know how offensive you have become to God? If you literally can not stand up for Christ, then you do not stand up for God the Father. You instead have become an abomination. Full of corruption! Christ says turn back to Me!
Amen! GOD does the ordaining! Not sinful man.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM

Well..... if I had my druthers, when it comes to some issues of Spirituality I would rather speak to a female about them than a male. Born and raised as an American male I already know how my thinking comes out on some subjects and I hear a lot of the same thing reflected in other males in the clergy. I think it would be refreshing to examine some issues from a female perspective. I also know that there are many times when females would rather speak to female clergy than male.
Just sayin'.......

Old 12-10-2012, 11:08 PM

600 posts, read 1,933,529 times
Holy Spirit are you LDS?

Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 AM

I am Roman Catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity