Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,502,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryingtofigureitout View Post
I will have some little bit of doubt of my full salvation.
Why? Have you committed your life to Christ? If you have, His blood is sufficient to cover all of your sins. Not just the ones you have already committed. I like the verse quoted already in this thread about the fact that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. If you are in Christ Jesus, you have no reason to fear or doubt your salvation.

Now, I'm not advocating "Once Saved-Always Saved". I think that if you make a conscious decision to ignore the convicting of the Spirit and walk in a way contrary to the Lord, you can lose your salvation. I just don't think it can happen in an instant, thus causing you to go back and forth from being saved to not being saved.

2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

If this verse is true, then you should realize that it is not God's intention for you to live in fear, constantly doubting your salvation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 11:19 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,885,467 times
I'm with Blue, not afraid to die. I would miss my dearest husband, beautiful baby, and my family...but to be with God wow!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:50 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,343,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanoid View Post
Or, you would still be laying on the floor, in total oblivion.

Or, it could be allah. Or, you could be in the afterlife of any number of religions.

Guess you'd just keep your fingers crossed and hope you'd picked the right religion!
I know, I know now your source confidence !
You have one of those little speaker things;
"help me, I've fallin, and I can't get up"

Old 10-25-2007, 02:05 PM

443 posts, read 1,541,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I know, I know now your source confidence !
You have one of those little speaker things;
"help me, I've fallin, and I can't get up"
heh!

That, and the arrogance of youth!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:20 PM

120 posts, read 206,381 times
Default WE are quick to preach and reassure our egos with strong convicting sentenances...

but are we really prepared. We will be accountable for everything. If we haven't taken Christ as our Lord and Savior, than our eternity is summed up instantly. If we have, then we go through the process of judgment.

Think of it as a job interview, with all your skeletons out of the closet. You can't persuade the interviewer (GOD) in any way, shape or form. Jesus is your defense attornery. Satan is the prosecutor for the eternally damned.

You will be assigned your new position in Heaven. The greatest on Earth will be the least in Heaven and the least on Earth will be the greatest in Heaven. Is that not correct?

Have we dropped everything for God when he has called upon our hearts. How many people do you see in the Bible that have accepted God and stayed in their current position. They all moved physically?

Are you stagnant? Do you regret not stepping up when called upon. I know I do.

Let's all thank God right this second for our lifes, freedom of choice, and the ability to share in eternal bliss with him.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,278,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
Im glad I dont have a "religion"...and that I have Jesus..a personal savior..John 10:28-30..(Jesus said)..
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.
YES YES YES!!!!! DITTO DITTO DITTO!
I can only imagine!!!!!
if I die right now, i meet my maker and my savior ....the thought excites me and gives me chills!!!!!!!
He already knows my faults, but since I am covered w/ his blood so in His eyes I am white as snow in His eyes!

I can't wait to see my LORD!!!!! i can't imagine what my actions or thoughts will be, but just the idea of seeing my Jesus brings tears to my eyes!

.....mmmm.... sounds nice. I look forward to seeing my Lord and some of my family already in heaven. I might miss my husband( I say this because I don't think we miss people in heaven ...there is no sadness in heaven), but we are one through Christ so I would see him again soon.

Last edited by kelly3120; 10-25-2007 at 10:08 PM..

Old 10-26-2007, 02:54 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,422,817 times
I actually thought about this thread early this morning. Woke up TOTALLY NOT feeling well at all. Had a searing pain right in my gut, and it's the second time it has happened in a couple of weeks. It actually concerned me a bit, and made me think about whether I was actually ready to face the Lord if I would have died at that moment. Made me think about how I've been feeling lately and the accompanying nonsense I've been spewing in here lately, and I realized I'm not as sure about some stuff as I thought. So I think I need to make some changes.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:09 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,343,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
I actually thought about this thread early this morning. Woke up TOTALLY NOT feeling well at all. Had a searing pain right in my gut, and it's the second time it has happened in a couple of weeks. It actually concerned me a bit, and made me think about whether I was actually ready to face the Lord if I would have died at that moment. Made me think about how I've been feeling lately and the accompanying nonsense I've been spewing in here lately, and I realized I'm not as sure about some stuff as I thought. So I think I need to make some changes.

You also might want to see a doctor

Seriously!!

Old 10-26-2007, 03:13 PM

120 posts, read 206,381 times
Default Rob, speaking from experience about abdonomen pains, you really should have it checked

It could be anything from an ulcer to a digestive wall tract failing.

I have been keeping this whole idea of meeting God in my thoughts every day. It isn't do to worrying, like some initially thought. It is a sense of direction, keeping me in line. DO you know what I am saying?

Any one that has had medical complications, knows where I am coming from. When your truely faced with an unknown health problem, you become scared. Inside, deep within you think if its your time, are you truely prepared.

I believe anyone that jumps up and doesn't hesitate to say "yes" may be the ones that need to reflect. Some might say this frame of mind is due to your denomination. Some denominatins concentrate on dictating your life, others concentrate on the happiness that is to come. I say any one that studies God's word and believes it truely, will easily become afraid. You will stand before God Almighty and answer for your transgressions. The slate isn't wiped clean! We may be forgiven, however we are still held accountable. Some people may be comfortable getting in the door and thats it. Will we have any "fruits" stored in Heaven awaiting our arrival. The worse thingin the world is to show up for your birthday without getting any cake, presents, etc. Any analagy will work (i.e., Christmas).

Old 10-26-2007, 03:27 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,386,164 times
The samurai used to practice daily meditation - on their own deaths.
This resulted in the loss of fear of dying and made them stronger in battle.

I learned this at around the same time that I learned that all religions are mythical. Before that I was afraid of death because I didn't want to be poked with pitchforks for all eternity. Once I opened up my mind to the idea that religious dogma is entirely made up, my fear of death diminished and then vanished completely.

I will never be afraid of death. Death is coming, and that is not a bad thing. I will be sure to make the most of life. I will make sure that my loved ones know they are loved, and I will make sure that they are taken care after I am gone.

Every breath I take is a happy one, and my last will be the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity