Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 05:56 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,048,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I can understand it being the mark of the beast to those who have replaced Christ in you for the bible in you. There is something so wrong in the Spirit, hearing someone who has replaced Christ in you for the bible in you, quoting the bible like it is God. It defiles you when you are open to the wrong spirit in which it is ministered,and turns you into a child of hell............ That is what it did to me.
The abomination of desolation.

The bible worshipper never speaks of Christ in you, or having the mind of Christ because they are alien to the notion of it,and whenever either are mentioned, it's suppressed by burden the traditions and doctrines of the bible their blind faith is in.
Yep.

Interestingly, I had an experience when I was a little girl of playing at a friend's house. I picked up a bible that was lying on an ottoman to move it (lest I sit on it) and put it somewhere off to the side (perhaps on a sofa). Her dad glared at me and grabbed the book and told me not to mis-handle the Word of God. I have never forgotten the strong impression it made on me. I just felt that something was not right about the spirit in which he spoke to me. I have to wonder if it happened for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 06:03 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 835,421 times
Shalom!
The bible is surely not the mark of the beast. Who says that does not know what the bible is nor what the mark of the beast is and is in danger to take the mark. God`s people perish out of lack of knowledge. The bible is the word of God and he watches over it. It is clear that we have wrong translations and may be some have corrupted it, but God will deal with that. The people who wrote the bible were inspired, the ones that get words contrary to the bible are inspired by another spirit, I am sorry to say that, but otherwise we have truly no truth at all. Jesus spoke of the word as a washing. We should read it daily and believe and practice it. All confusion comes from the enemy and should be rejected in the name of Jesus.
God bless!

Old 03-19-2013, 06:06 AM

I can't say I blame anyone for avoiding this thread. It is definitely controversial - a HOT topic (to say the least). Strange thing is, I was thinking to myself that the bible plus man equals 666 so I went to do a Google search to see if anyone else had entertained the notion and that is when I came upon this video. I'm not saying throw your bible away - I'm saying stop putting it on par with Jesus Christ.

Another interesting thing to consider is the way we think the people of Islam are so bad about the way they defend their holy book unto the death. But don't you think there have been and still might be Christians who would do the same over the dispute about the bible?

Part of the scriptures that I do love: (I know, many will say - its ALL or NONE) about the bible... but they will not say ALL or NONE about salvation of mankind!

Hebrews - Chapter 12 (NLT)

18You have not come to a physical mountain,h to a place of flaming fire, darkness, gloom, and whirlwind, as the Israelites did at Mount Sinai. 19For they heard an awesome trumpet blast and a voice so terrible that they begged God to stop speaking. 20They staggered back under God’s command: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.”i 21Moses himself was so frightened at the sight that he said, “I am terrified and trembling.”j
22No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless thousands of angels in a joyful gathering. 23You have come to the assembly of God’s firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself, who is the judge over all things. You have come to the spirits of the righteous ones in heaven who have now been made perfect. 24You have come to Jesus, the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks of forgiveness instead of crying out for vengeance like the blood of Abel.
25Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, we will certainly not escape if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven! 26When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: “Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also.”k 27This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain.
28Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. 29For our God is a devouring fire.

Last edited by Heartsong; 03-19-2013 at 07:28 AM..

Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,478,353 times
you can take every bible from the planet, i will still stand on the solid rock: Jesus. He and He alone is enough. so i really dont care if the bible is infallable, put together by old men etc... it just amazes me how people always gotta get in the word daily. Yes, reading and studying the bible is good, but dont put your faith on your own effort in reading it.
If you are having a rough time in your life, that is just what it is, a rough time. dont think, i just gotta get in the word so i can get better. nor let others tell you that mess. Christ and Him alone.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:44 AM

76 posts, read 130,708 times
WhiteWings, you are asking some very good questions! Try this link, I think it raises some good answers to some of the questions!

Tota Scriptura by R.C. Sproul | Reformed Theology Articles at Ligonier.org

"Be careful how you live; you will be the only Bible some people ever read"- William Toms

Old 03-19-2013, 07:14 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,180,287 times
With all the debates about bible accuracy or worshiping a book, even if there are errors, these 2 verses sums up everything of what the bible is about and how God wants us to live.

Matthew 7:12

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
With all the debates about bible accuracy or worshiping a book, even if there are errors, these 2 verses sums up everything of what the bible is about and how God wants us to live.

Matthew 7:12

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
If that is all we really need to know - why do we have to study 66 books and keep dragging out Leviticus and Deuteronomy? Just wondering.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,993,509 times
There are 3,000+ denominations, most of which think the bible is God's Word, and most of which have separated from others on the basis of disputes about the mneanin g of the Bible.

I don 't think God is the author of confusion.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
A phylactery was worn on the forehead. Who said it is a good guy bad guy thing?. I would say it is those who are deceived and those who are not thing. Doesn't scripture say buy the truth and sell it not.. The 5 wise virgins bought their oil and wouldn't give or sell it to the foolish. The reality is Christ in us,not a bible in our hands.Those who are not deceived into receiving the mark of the beast were still able to live by what they bought and invested in..........Christ in them the hope of glory, an ever present help in times of trouble.
Well said, pcamps.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:47 PM

9,707 posts, read 10,094,440 times
In Revelations 14: 9-11..... Comes a time when God who inspired men to write His Words and keep account of the gospels of Good new which is the Bible , as the result Judgment come to those who Worship the beast , and his image , and receive his mark in his forehead , or in his hand .........So to believe that God will judge those who have the Bible good news of the Gospel of Lord Jesus is a little off based in their ideas of the character of God , and His purpose and plan .......The Bible is not my God and .. People should not blame the living God , or Judge the judge of the living and the dead , and bless God for who He is , as God could be a bad God who holds evil ideas , ........Where Our God is perfect in Love ......... I will never blame God for the people who hate and ignore Gods plan or keep the customs of nations which reject Jesus, ..........See God does not control their lives , they are all free to reject God on to their death , as eternal life is a gift , and God will never impose eternal life on those who ignore Him ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity