Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,819,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
[/b]

So you want no part of anybody or any group of individuals who do not believe in your sacred book the way that you do? This is exactly why a lot of non believers and believers of other religions and cultures believe that Christianity is so divisive, it teaches bigotry,and racism and just because others do not believe in the same belief as you, does not make them any less human. You know it's sad to think that there are such people who think so lowly of others.
You should read post #43 and see who is disparaging who.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:00 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,671,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You should read post #43 and see who is disparaging who.

Post #43 is a prime example of why Christians can't get along with each other. twin.spin is letting his ego of thinking that he can judge others by his criteria, when he should not be the one judging, as I recall, that should be up to your god to do the judging. That's the problem that so many fundamentalists seem to have, they want to judge others by their criteria when in actuality they're in no position to do so.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,402,665 times
Quote:
Still? When was I ever asked to explain it? At any rate, skeptics arguments are not the topic of this thread.

Nevertheless, you are referring to Proverbs 6:7 which says that ants have no chief, Officer or ruler. And according to Stanford biologist Deborah Gordon, they don't. Dr. Gordon states the following... ''There are about 10,000 species of ants. They all live in colonies consisting of one or a few queens, and then all the ants you see walking around are sterile female workers. And all ant colonies have in common That there’s no central control. Nobody tells anybody what to do, the queen just lays the eggs, there’s no management, no ant directs the behavior of any other ant. And I try to figure out how that works.'' >> How do ants know what to do? Deborah Gordon on TED.com

Here is some information on Dr. Gordon >> Deborah M. Gordon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks Mike I am always open to learn new things.

Quote:
The Bible from Genesis to Revelation is Scripture. God's communicated word set in writing.

Which bible Mike, the Ethiopian, RCC or protestant bible?

Quote:
I've gone over the apocrypha with you before. You did not listen then, and you will not listen now. I'll not waste my time going over it again.

You mean you can't answer because it put you in a pickle.

The Ethiopian and RCC would say the protestant bible in not the unadulterated word of God because whole books have been deleted from it. The protestant would say the Ethiopian and the RCC bibles are not the unadulterated word of God because they have added whole books to the bible.

So which bible is the unadulterated word of God Mike?

Seems to me you have to say the same thing about the Ethiopian and RCC bible I say about all bibles, which is, the bible contains scripture but not everything in the bible is scripture.

So go ahead and tell the Ethiopian and the RCC that their bible is not the word of God, because that is what you are telling them, your just afraid to admit it.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I would rather stand alone with Jesus than join the millions who have rejected Him. I never said they are less human, just wrong. I have friends who are atheists that I think a lot of, I don't share their beliefs, but I still value their friendship.

Would you be willing to share and learn the belief of others and I'm not just talking about atheists, atheists have no belief in a deity so it's easy to be friends with somebody who has no belief, but are you willing to be friends and try to understand somebody else's belief that is not your own?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Book of Enoch is not part of the Apocrypha...The Book of Enoch was read and repected in the early church until it was ousted (one reason was that it went into to much depth on demons and the church did not think that the common man should know that much about them nor would he be able to understand it so the Book was voted out, but the hierarchy studied it and knew it well), However, the Book is quoted from in a few places in the Letters of the Apostles in the New Testament...

Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,511,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

that crowd I don't want any part of!
It is obvious that she is unaware that we (or Mike555, Vizio ect) are not in total agreement about everything, yet none of us consider each other "not belonging to God".

Maybe it wasn't done clearly enough, by my OP about the basics of belief vs unbelief was based on the POV of the Bible. You, Mike555, Vizio and myself share the same POV and that's the beginning of what makes us "brethren".

The Bible = God's Word

The Bible is the inspired word of God, not some cultural influenced pov's by barbarian ancestors that is incomplete awaiting evolutional advancement or further revelations to complete it.

The Bible teaches about eternal life vs eternal death

The Bible teaches Law and Gospel

The Bible teaches that time of grace is limited to while being alive on this earth. Once dead the time of grace is over and we are judged based on whether or not faith is present.

Brethren of like mind would not spew out:
Is the B-I-B-L-E the mark of the beast?
I had this revealed to me BEFORE I ever saw this video. I have no doubt that it's true.
and then she is appalled when a "spade" is being called a "spade".

Will anyone ever wonder why Universalism is not considered to be a Christian teaching with such an openly hostile pov of the Bible?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The '66' Bible books are in harmony with each other.
The others such as the book of Enoch exclude themselves by being out of harmony with the '66'.
The '66' have corresponding or parallel reference verses or passages that verify each other.
Ya that is why the early church father qouted many times out of the book of Enoch

So you like Mike are basically saying the BIBLE used by the Ethiopian and the RCC is not the unadulterated word of God.

You do realise millions of Catholics would disagree with you guys right?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:14 AM

152 posts, read 143,043 times
religion creates so much division,, and that is evident here.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:16 AM

20,444 posts, read 12,819,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Post #43 is a prime example of why Christians can't get along with each other. twin.spin is letting his ego of thinking that he can judge others by his criteria, when he should not be the one judging, as I recall, that should be up to your god to do the judging. That's the problem that so many fundamentalists seem to have, they want to judge others by their criteria when in actuality they're in no position to do so.
You ignored the part where twin was called a child of Satan.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You ignored the part where twin was called a child of Satan.

So I guess two wrongs make a right? I did not ignore it, it's still a prime example of why Christians can't get along with one another and have such disagreements over the same book and try to be judgmental of each other by their own criteria and being judgmental is not there right by their own sacred book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.