Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 12:17 PM

255 posts, read 1,195,959 times

Advertisements

Anyone else out there see the first program of "The Amazing Race" on Sunday night? I admit I used to be addicted. Having lived overseas in so many different countries I love travel for whatever reason. But after that program, I'm not sure I'll be addicted anymore. Was I misunderstanding or is my title correct? And if it is, what do you all think about it? Can a person be gay and a Christian and can they be a woman and a minister? Now books have been written on those subjects, but what do you all think about them being combined in 2 individuals?

Old 11-06-2007, 12:41 PM

7,542 posts, read 17,241,244 times
Lots of people say no, but the issue is clearly not as clear-cut as evidenced by the massive upheavals in the Anglican Church. We now have V. Gene Robinson. Woman + minister? Yes. Gay + Christian? In my view, yes. Gay, Christian, and Minister? Mmhm.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:02 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegal View Post
Anyone else out there see the first program of "The Amazing Race" on Sunday night? I admit I used to be addicted. Having lived overseas in so many different countries I love travel for whatever reason. But after that program, I'm not sure I'll be addicted anymore. Was I misunderstanding or is my title correct? And if it is, what do you all think about it? Can a person be gay and a Christian and can they be a woman and a minister? Now books have been written on those subjects, but what do you all think about them being combined in 2 individuals?
I haven't seen the program that you're speaking of: But I will say this if they can find in the scripture, and God says it. Then who am i to question this; but i haven't seen it in the passages of The Bible, and neither have they. My $.02
God Bless You

Old 11-06-2007, 03:53 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,422,533 times
I think if you've been addicted to this show for a long time, you've obviously missed MANY seasons in which there were gay couples in the race. In fact, Reichen Lemkuhl is an increasingly popular celebrity and model who, along with his "husband", won the race in Season 4.

So while I disagree with homosexuality and, to a lesser extent, women as pastors, I don't really pay attention to the personal details of their lives. I just like watching the show to see the challenges each team goes through. It's one of my favorite shows.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:54 PM

255 posts, read 1,195,959 times
Nope, didn't miss any of the gay couples. Probably saw them all. But I haven't yet found in the Scripture where any of those combinations (christian/gay/women/ministers)are approved by God. Am I wrong? Christian women, yep. Women ministers? Gay Christians? Gay Christian ministers?

Old 11-07-2007, 03:34 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegal View Post
I think the "powers" behind Amazing Race are promoting a very agressive gay-agenda. This seems to be an ongoing theme and passion of Un-Holy-wood. When I heard the show advertiseing "gay ministers" I knew exactly what they were doing. They are trying to change the Churches position on homosexuality. The mainstream Church is the only group of people who are effectively standing against the advancement the gay life-style agenda. This a big deal because the implications are far reaching- politically, socially and spiritually. If the media can make it look like the Church is divided on this issue, it will help their cause. The gay community maybe able to cause some people to quetion if the Bible is clear on the subject of homosexuality. But, what they fail to consider is Jesus, the Christ is the Head of the Church and HIS word is final authority. The Church cannot usurp the authority of Christ in favor of homosexuality. God is against it, so who can refute HIM? The gay community is looking for a legitimate platform to question the HOLINESS and RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD, but there is none. However, I believe it is part of their strategy to continue to market the gay life-style as a controversial issue within the Christian community, so that they can attempt to validate homosexuality in the Church and the world. In another post I stated "a gay Christian is an oxymoron, a contradiction...U cannot be gay and a Christian..." It is worth repeating. Homosexuality and Christianity are mutually exclusive. I will not watch any TV program that suggest otherwise. I hope Christians recognize what the agenda is behind the Amazing Race and chose not to watch it. Women in the ministry or female ministers are a different matter altogether. If a woman is called to minister it is between her and God. It is not a sin to be a woman and a minister. These two, are not mutually exclusive. There is neither male nor female in Christ, but this does not apply to any other life-style choice.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:18 AM

7,542 posts, read 17,241,244 times
Wow... that seems really paranoid. I can tell you that homosexuality is already validated in most of the world, and most of us wouldn't care one flip if it's validated in the Church or not, except that Christianity has a nasty habit of affecting how people vote in civil matters.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
This debate is already in full swing on the general religion board... please visit there if you'd like to discuss this topic!

//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...omosexual.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.