Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 05:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
What's sad is new age teachers twisting scripture to promote their own unbiblical views. I pass no judgment on anyone. I rebuke the beliefs that speak against Jesus the Son of God.
Can you provide a link to where either Tolle or Oprah spoke against Jesus? I'd be interested in seeing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 05:47 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think it's sad to see so many judgmental people, eager to throw stones.
Quote:
What's sad is new age teachers twisting scripture to promote their own unbiblical views. I pass no judgment on anyone. I rebuke the beliefs that speak against Jesus the Son of God.
Quote:
Can you provide a link to where either Tolle or Oprah spoke against Jesus? I'd be interested in seeing it.
He will not be able to. It is inference based on a bias against the straw man of New Age or Mysticism because of a seeming contradiction to his dogma. I have been trying to understand the source of this bias . . . because it is so illogical. Wickedness or evil is not being promoted . . . love and goodness is. Even with my views which ARE Christian, there is this negative rejection and there is a lack of consistency as well. I profess that it is the grace of Christ that has saved us from eternal separation from God and that we have nothing to do with it. Romans seems to agree but then claims there is something we must DO to be saved. He does not see any inconsistency in those beliefs. I promote following Christ's commands to His disciples . . . to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't. Romans seems to discount that as trying to be saved by works despite that fact that I already said we have nothing to do with being saved. So even when the beliefs that he disagrees with are Christian . . . he is focused on the dogma he has been indoctrinated with. Agree with him or you are doomed, apparently.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:25 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
I'm beginning to understand why. There's a miasma of negativity pervading the place. A lot of unhappy people in a small space.

I guess misery does love company.
Yes, but who knows when or why someone will convert from the Christian religion to the Christian faith? Seeds, you know?

Old 07-03-2013, 06:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He will not be able to. It is inference based on a bias against the straw man of New Age or Mysticism because of a seeming contradiction to his dogma. I have been trying to understand the source of this bias . . . because it is so illogical. Wickedness or evil is not being promoted . . . love and goodness is. Even with my views which ARE Christian, there is this negative rejection and there is a lack of consistency as well. I profess that it is the grace of Christ that has saved us from eternal separation from God and that we have nothing to do with it. Romans seems to agree but then claims there is something we must DO to be saved. He does not see any inconsistency in those beliefs. I promote following Christ's commands to His disciples . . . to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't. Romans seems to discount that as trying to be saved by works despite that fact that I already said we have nothing to do with being saved. So even when the beliefs that he disagrees with are Christian . . . he is focused on the dogma he has been indoctrinated with. Agree with him or you are doomed, apparently.
"With their lips they honor me, but their heart is far from me; for they follow the teachings of men who fear me, demanding that others do the same."

Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Luckily, I didn't hold my breath.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:58 PM

794 posts, read 846,804 times
Quote:
I've already provided a resource., the first video in my original post. She spoke against Jesus the Son of God, saying He is not the only way to Heaven. I cannot provide a resource that speaks against your view of the bible because you don't believe Jesus died for our sins. I believe anyone who is speaking against the once and for all sacrifice of Jesus for our sins is speaking against Him.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Stop saying I am advocating "do something to be saved." I am not. I believe we have been MADE righteous by the blood of Jesus. I believe when you believe that you are born again. You say we are saved by the grace of Christ but you don't say in what way. You only say Jesus came to reveal the true nature of God and did not die for our sins. You believe God just forgives and there is no justice towards sin. There IS justice towards sin otherwise God is not just. He does not just remember our sins no more under no grounds. He remembers our sins no more on the grounds of Jesus paying our debt to God and by honoring that then God remembers our sins no more. You're bringing only yourself to God with no covering. God will see no righteousness in an unbeliever of His grace through the once and for all sacrifice.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Stop saying I am advocating "do something to be saved." I am not. I believe we have been MADE righteous by the blood of Jesus. I believe when you believe that you are born again. You say we are saved by the grace of Christ but you don't say in what way. You only say Jesus came to reveal the true nature of God and did not die for our sins.
Wrong. I believe Jesus died for (because of) our sins.
Quote:
You believe God just forgives and there is no justice towards sin. There IS justice towards sin otherwise God is not just.
Wrong. I believe we will reap whatever we have sowed and do not repent of.
Quote:
He does not just remember our sins no more under no grounds. He remembers our sins no more on the grounds of Jesus paying our debt to God and by honoring that then God remembers our sins no more.
Why and how YOU think Jesus saved us is irrelevant. Jesus has saved us. WE have nothing to do with it.
Quote:
You're bringing only yourself to God with no covering. God will see no righteousness in an unbeliever of His grace through the once and for all sacrifice.
Wrong. I have no doubt whatsoever that I am relying on Christ's grace to cover my imperfections. Why YOU think His grace covers us is irrelevant . . . because I believe it covers us. As you can see from the above . . . you seem inordinately prone to inserting YOUR inferences about my beliefs instead of dealing with what they actually are. I realize my communications can be confusing . . . but the consistency with which you misrepresent them is disturbing.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Wrong. I believe Jesus died for (because of) our sins. Wrong. I believe we will reap whatever we have sowed and do not repent of.Why and how YOU think Jesus saved us is irrelevant. Jesus has saved us. WE have nothing to do with it.Wrong. I have no doubt whatsoever that I am relying on Christ's grace to cover my imperfections. Why YOU think His grace covers us is irrelevant . . . because I believe it covers us. As you can see from the above . . . you seem inordinately prone to inserting YOUR inferences about my beliefs instead of dealing with what they actually are. I realize my communications can be confusing . . . but the consistency with which you misrepresent them is disturbing.
You believe Jesus' grace covers you without sacrificing Himself for it. I believe Jesus had to die to give us His righteousness. This is where we differ. My belief is consistent with the entire bible, yours is not. A divine exchange took place at the cross. All hinges are on this. This is the deciding factor of one's salvation according to the bible. The moment Jesus is not acknowledged as the Lamb of God the entire gospel is perverted and seen in a different context. You can say "wrong, wrong wrong" all you want but it doesn't change what scripture clearly says.

And you're right, we have nothing to do with salvation. Jesus accomplished salvation for us at the cross. Glory be to Him for our salvation.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
You believe Jesus' grace covers you without sacrificing Himself for it.
What possible difference does it make what you or I or anyone else thinks about WHY Christ's sacrifice covers us by His grace?
Quote:
I believe Jesus had to die to give us His righteousness.
So do I . . . otherwise His Holy Spirit (Comforter) would not be available to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts."
Quote:
This is where we differ. My belief is consistent with the entire bible, yours is not. A divine exchange took place at the cross. All hinges are on this. This is the deciding factor of one's salvation according to the bible.
Wrong. Your beliefs are consistent with the OT descriptions of God and His motives . . . NOT consistent with Christ's revelations about God and His motives.Either way, Christ is the source of our salvation and nothing we do matters at all.
Quote:
The moment Jesus is not acknowledged as the Lamb of God the entire gospel is perverted and seen in a different context. You can say "wrong, wrong wrong" all you want but it doesn't change what scripture clearly says.
And you're right, we have nothing to do with salvation. Jesus accomplished salvation for us at the cross. Glory be to Him for our salvation.
How can you NOT see the contradiction in these two sentences? What possible difference does it make to our salvation . . . if we have nothing to do with our salvation????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity