Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 03:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Read enough of Mystics \ pleroo \ Miss Blue posts and other "Amen" \ 's of their's and try really hard to figure it out ..... and put in as much effort as you do in finding fault with those ignorant savage ancestors who penned the originals and those evangelicals who dare to believe what is written.
Well, in the first place I have no idea what you mean about mysticism not teaching about "coming to his senses." As far as I know that's a large part of what mysticism is about.

In the second place, I don't know where you get the idea that it is "Jesus loves me this I know ... and that is all I want to know," essentially saying that the one coming back could act like an *** and it would make no difference.

The point here is that mysticism does not seem to be the idea that you are talking about so applying your criticism to it makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 03:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think it was a put-down of hippies.

Never mind the fact that every single person I've known who looked like the person in the cartoon was/is full of love and compassion for his fellow man. He's a hippie don'tcha know.
Actually ... it was a scoffing at mysticism which is exemplified by this
The anti-Christ indeed reigns over the majority in these latter days. I will take our beliefs in our loving Father as revealed by Jesus any day . . . over the majority apostate anti-Christ beliefs in a
jealous, vengeful, eternally tormenting Father who needed to be appeased by scourging and
crucifixion as a blood sacrifice to His Holiness and so-called justice.
Is that calling a spade a spade enough for you, balunman?
Let's call a spade a spade a spade ^^^ this is from those who "live as enemies of the cross of Christ."
Philippians 3:18
For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.
The common theme among hippie's and mysticism is that everything was about love ... love .... love.
"Jesus loves me this I know ... and that is all I want to know"

Old 07-13-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, in the first place I have no idea what you mean about mysticism not teaching about "coming to his senses." As far as I know that's a large part of what mysticism is about.
It's about all that repentance means to mysticism is the failure of not loving others is the "sin", not the your yourself is a "sinner" that deserves to be damned for your sin.

It's a subtle but very deceivious lie from Satan to only think that repentence has to to with failing to not be loving enough. Read enough of and that is the theme.

Quote:
In the second place, I don't know where you get the idea that it is "Jesus loves me this I know ... and that is all I want to know," essentially saying that the one coming back could act like an *** and it would make no difference.

The point here is that mysticism does not seem to be the idea that you are talking about so applying your criticism to it makes no sense.
Your second place is not at all being focus on correctly. It has nothing to do with the prodocical son but the satanical deceving lie of what mysticism defines as repenting and lets just ignore God's wrath about sin and the sinner who acknowledges himself as the sinner who sins against God.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
It's about all that repentance means to mysticism is the failure of not loving others is the "sin", not the your yourself is a "sinner" that deserves to be damned for your sin.

It's a subtle but very deceivious lie from Satan to only think that repentence has to to with failing to not be loving enough. Read enough of and that is the theme.

Your second place is not at all being focus on correctly. It has nothing to do with the prodocical son but the satanical deceving lie of what mysticism defines as repenting and lets just ignore God's wrath about sin and the sinner who acknowledges himself as the sinner who sins against God.
added thought ...
It is obvious that the same crowd of people who are anti "I a poor miserable sinner" concept of people in relationship to God are the ones who only focus on feel good love messages.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:12 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:

Oh, now I get it. "Mystics" not accepting your perception of God instead of what Jesus described. Carry on.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
The common theme among hippie's and mysticism is that everything was about love ... love .... love]
Actually the common theme among many hippies I've known is that they accepted Jesus Christ as their savior. Long-haired, bead-wearing, bearded children of God who love His son.

They also love the people around them. Double Old grandmas, animals, kindergartners, puppies, mountains, waves, cookies, moms, baseball, pie with ice cream. Lots of love from the hippies.

I must say it's always odd to me how some people choose to put down l.o.v.e. Odd. Really, truly odd.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Oh, now I get it. "Mystics" not accepting your perception of God instead of what Jesus described. Carry on.
Which it isn't my "perception" of God btw... however I'll let you go about your attemps to discredit the truth.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually the common theme among many hippies I've known is that they accepted Jesus Christ as their savior.
From those who here you agree with, I'm not so sure what is meant by that.
Savior from what? ... not the true savior found in mysticism.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:39 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Read enough of Mystics \ pleroo \ Miss Blue posts and other "Amen" \ 's of their's and try really hard to figure it out ..... and put in as much effort as you do in finding fault with those ignorant savage ancestors who penned the originals and those evangelicals who dare to believe what is written.
God loves me Twin. He loves you too. I'm truly sorry that it bothers you that I believe that.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
God loves me Twin. He loves you too. I'm truly sorry that it bothers you that I believe that.
Being damned for not believing in the true God would bother any Christian ... thus IMO is the purpose of the OP.

A lot of folks bought into the New age mysticism satanical lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity