Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:23 AM

60 posts, read 110,114 times

Advertisements

These are the descriptions of the 1,000 year Kingdom

*Satan bound for a thousand years
*those who didn't worship the Beast or take his mark reign with Jesus as priests for a thousand years
*wolf will lay down with the lamb, and the leopard with the kid, and the calf and the lion (peace, no danger)
*lions will eat grass (no meat eating, no bloodshed)
*children will play with serpents
*everyone on earth will have knowledge of the truth of the Lord
*children will die at 100 years old (lifespans greatly increased, like they were before the flood)
*weapons will be beat into farming tools (no war)
*Jesus will rule from Jerusalem with the laws of God

I'm sorry, you guys make no sense. The descriptions of the Millennial Kingdom look, honestly, the total opposite of what's going on in the world. Maybe if you had a description of what all these "metaphorical" things meant...but you don't. The Bible is literal. Sure, there is allegory (antichrist beast with horns), but the allegorical descriptions describe something literal (antichrist system and kingdoms).

There is no peace now, there is probably more bloodshed than ever before in history, lifespans are very short, pandemics are on the rise, flood, earthquakes, landslides, volcano activity, demonic activity, lawlessness, hatefulness, apathy are at it's peak. Sin is everywhere. If you believe we are in the promised Millennium, I'm sorry, but...no. :/

I've given verse after verse, story after story, that all mirror a seven year tribulation. That mirror a righteous King saving his bride before trouble. That shows a literal wonderful Millennial reign. The history of the Church is even on the pretrib/mill side. Not until the 3rd century did people begin believing in Amillennialism. It's another doctrine that came in with the Romans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 08:59 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Don't imply that I am a date setter Twin.spin. And I haven't posted on this thread, so don't bring me into it.
I wasn't implying. Simply because you don't want to think of it in those terms, that doesn't mean a person can't take what you write and put a date setting formula into place... which explains the list that I gave. It was to show just how far off statements like "No Millenialist thinks Christ is coming back after the 1,000 years. That destroys the idea of a literal reign. " was.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRabbit View Post
These are the descriptions of the 1,000 year Kingdom

*Satan bound for a thousand years
*those who didn't worship the Beast or take his mark reign with Jesus as priests for a thousand years
*wolf will lay down with the lamb, and the leopard with the kid, and the calf and the lion (peace, no danger)
*lions will eat grass (no meat eating, no bloodshed)
*children will play with serpents
*everyone on earth will have knowledge of the truth of the Lord
*children will die at 100 years old (lifespans greatly increased, like they were before the flood)
*weapons will be beat into farming tools (no war)
*Jesus will rule from Jerusalem with the laws of God

I'm sorry, you guys make no sense. The descriptions of the Millennial Kingdom look, honestly, the total opposite of what's going on in the world. Maybe if you had a description of what all these "metaphorical" things meant...but you don't. The Bible is literal. Sure, there is allegory (antichrist beast with horns), but the allegorical descriptions describe something literal (antichrist system and kingdoms).

There is no peace now, there is probably more bloodshed than ever before in history, lifespans are very short, pandemics are on the rise, flood, earthquakes, landslides, volcano activity, demonic activity, lawlessness, hatefulness, apathy are at it's peak. Sin is everywhere. If you believe we are in the promised Millennium, I'm sorry, but...no. :/

I've given verse after verse, story after story, that all mirror a seven year tribulation. That mirror a righteous King saving his bride before trouble. That shows a literal wonderful Millennial reign. The history of the Church is even on the pretrib/mill side. Not until the 3rd century did people begin believing in Amillennialism. It's another doctrine that came in with the Romans.
Came in until the 3rd century ..... then can you explain why the Jews where looking for someone to re-establish King David's ruling kingdom, why King Herod was threatened by Jesus' birth and so had baby boy's killed in order to protect his earthy reign.

Why when people stopped following him when they realized he wasn't their bread king and why Jesus said to the Roman Governor:
"My kingdom is not of this world"
and why the last thing Jesus heard prior to his ascension was:
“Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”

Old 07-25-2013, 09:29 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
I'm glad you have this joy in you.

Revelation 4:1 is a beautiful picture of the Rapture. It's right after Jesus speaks to the seven churches, only two of which he was happy with. Anyway, it speaks of seeing a door in heaven opening up, a voice like a trumpet saying "Come up here". After this we see people already in heaven with crowns (Bema seat judgement of the Saints) clothed in white (representative of Jesus's purity in the Saints). We're already there! And this is two chapters before the Trib starts.

Revelation3:10 "Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth."

To test them?...

Old 07-25-2013, 09:32 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Paul believed in the imminent return of Christ, which is what the scriptures teach. If he didn't, he would have taught the rapture was after the Tribulation and probably wouldn't have been happy. There is no joy in knowing you must go through the worst time in human history, and having a good chance of being tortured or killed.

What Paul didn't understand was the relation of the creation days to the Ages. God created the earth in six days and on the seventh he rested. A day is like a thousand years to the Lord (2 Peter 3:8). We are coming up on completing 6,000 years since the earth was created, about to enter into that 7,000th. The seventh day. The day of rest, of perfection, of peace. It isn't allegorical, it isn't spiritual. The earth has been a literal hell, it will be a literal perfect reign when Christ comes back with his co-rulers, the Saints (Bride).

Uh-uh....

Old 07-25-2013, 10:02 AM

796 posts, read 859,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Came in until the 3rd century ..... then can you explain why the Jews where looking for someone to re-establish King David's ruling kingdom, why King Herod was threatened by Jesus' birth and so had baby boy's killed in order to protect his earthy reign.

Why when people stopped following him when they realized he wasn't their bread king and why Jesus said to the Roman Governor:
"My kingdom is not of this world"
and why the last thing Jesus heard prior to his ascension was:
“Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?”
After the tribulation when Jesus returns to the earth, He will set on Davids throne just as promised. Israel will have it's promised literal earthly kingdom with Jesus as King.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:46 PM

33,246 posts, read 26,463,354 times
No, the thousand years is not figurative, and no, Jesus is not currently reigning on the throne of David. We are not in some figurative Millennium. The Millennium will be a literal thousand year kingdom on the earth which will be ushered in by Jesus when He returns at the end of the Tribulation. The following are just some of the literal passages which cannot said to be occurring today. They are still future.

In the Millennial kingdom swords will be beaten into plowshares and men will learn war no more.
Isa. 2:4 ...and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.

Hosea 2:18 "In that day I will also make a covenant for them With the beasts of the field, The birds of the sky And the creeping things of the ground. And I will abolish the bow, the sword and war from the land, And will make them lie down in safety.

Micah 4:3 And He will judge between many peoples And render decisions for mighty, distant nations. Then they will hammer their swords into plowshares And their spears into pruning hooks; Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they train for war.
Take a look at the world today. Does it look to you Amillenialists (no Millennium) as if war is not being waged anymore? Does it look as though men are not training for war in the world today? Does it look as though the world is a safe place today? The answer of course is No!!!

In the Millennial kingdom the lifespan will be extended.
Isaiah 65:20 "No longer will there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, Or an old man who does not live out his days; For the youth will die at the age of one hundred And the one who does not reach the age of one hundred Will be thought accursed.
Are those who live to 100 today considered to be youths? No, of course not.

Is the following true today?
Isaiah 11:6 And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them. 7] Also the cow and the bear will graze, Their young will lie down together, And the lion will eat straw like the ox. 8] The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den. 9] They will not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.

And are the nations of the world today going to Jerusalem year to year to worship the King who will be sitting on the throne of David in Jerusalem?
Zechariah 14:16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths. 17] And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them.

These passages are not allegory. There is nothing to justify allegorizing them. They are literal.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, the thousand years is not figurative, and no, Jesus is not currently reigning on the throne of David. We are not in some figurative Millennium. The Millennium will be a literal thousand year kingdom on the earth which will be ushered in by Jesus when He returns at the end of the Tribulation. The following are just some of the literal passages which cannot said to be occurring today. They are still future.

These passages are not allegory. There is nothing to justify allegorizing them. They are literal.
in other words:

A: Millennialism's rapture
+
B: 7 year trib ....... (Rapture + 7)
+
C: 1000 millennial rule....... ( Rapture + 7 + 1000 number)

=
The predicted date of Jesus' return

Old 07-25-2013, 04:27 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Default A personal study of the PreTribulation Rapture

::Sigh:: The use of Revelation without extensive and widespread knowledge and hermeneutics . . . both exegesis AND eisegesis . . . is not just foolish . . . it is spiritually dangerous. Anyone purporting to explain Revelation should be taken with an ocean of salt. That is all I will say on the topic . . . because efforts to explain Revelation are not edifying at all and tend to further corrupt the understanding of Christ's Gospel of love (Good News).

Old 07-25-2013, 04:32 PM

33,246 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
in other words:

A: Millennialism's rapture
+
B: 7 year trib ....... (Rapture + 7)
+
C: 1000 millennial rule....... ( Rapture + 7 + 1000 number)

=
The predicted date of Jesus' return
Just continue to ignore the fact that those passages prove that we are not in some figurative Millennium, and that they refer to a literal Millennium which is yet to come.

You know, you show the same unwillingness to face the truth about the reality of the Millennium as Universalists are unwilling to face the truth about the fact that not all men will be saved.

You can't argue about what those passages I posted say, so you resort to posting your meaningless equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity