Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:50 PM

794 posts, read 847,276 times

Advertisements

This is something I have started thinking about in recent time. I wonder if, when Jesus returns, if there will be sudden believers and will they be raptured? The bible says every eye will see Jesus when He returns. This indicates that there could be some amount of time delay to the rapture when Jesus returns, but no more that a short while. (a few minutes to an hour maybe?) Will God allow this to happen? Is it saving faith to believe in Jesus after seeing Him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,502,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
This is something I have started thinking about in recent time. I wonder if, when Jesus returns, if there will be sudden believers and will they be raptured? The bible says every eye will see Jesus when He returns. This indicates that there could be some amount of time delay to the rapture when Jesus returns, but no more that a short while. (a few minutes to an hour maybe?) Will God allow this to happen? Is it saving faith to believe in Jesus after seeing Him?

[1] Let the words speak for themselves: "every eye will see him" means exactly that ... every eye.
  • that doesn't mean almost every one ...
  • that doesn't mean a double return
  • that doesn't mean a secret return
[2] What does Jesus say ..... Matthew 24:27

For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
  • have you seen one lightning bolt that took several minutes to an hour
  • for "every eye" to see him and his coming will be as quick as lightening, there ain't gonna be time
[3] What does Jesus say .... Luke 13:29

People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God.
  • there is but only once:
    • where Jesus send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
[4] What does Jesus say .... Matthew 24:37

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
  • When God shuts the door ... that's it.
    • you don't read of some time delay in Noah's day, either you are on board or you're not when that day (singular) came.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
[1] Let the words speak for themselves: "every eye will see him" means exactly that ... every eye.
  • that doesn't mean almost every one ...
  • that doesn't mean a double return
  • that doesn't mean a secret return
[2] What does Jesus say ..... Matthew 24:27

For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
  • have you seen one lightning bolt that took several minutes to an hour
  • for "every eye" to see him and his coming will be as quick as lightening, there ain't gonna be time
[3] What does Jesus say .... Luke 13:29

People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God.
  • there is but only once:
    • where Jesus send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
[4] What does Jesus say .... Matthew 24:37

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
  • When God shuts the door ... that's it.
    • you don't read of some time delay in Noah's day, either you are on board or you're not when that day (singular) came.
Well as far as Noah goes he saw (was told) the coming flood awhile before it happened. He had to build the arc first. For the second coming being like lightning, yea everyone in a certain wide place can see lightning from any direction. I think this meant the whole world will be able to see Him.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Well as far as Noah goes he saw (was told) the coming flood awhile before it happened. He had to build the arc first. For the second coming being like lightning, yea everyone in a certain wide place can see lightning from any direction. I think this meant the whole world will be able to see Him.
People for 120 years heard Noah condemn them for not repenting, that was their time of grace. Once that singular day came when God shut the door, nobody but those on board where given an opportunity.

The point of the lightening that Jesus was illustrating is to impress upon people about the quickness of the door being closed so to speak. This is why there is the sense of urgency about stop rejecting and come to believe, as God says:
God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.†...
“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.â€

For he says,
“In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.†I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

It can't be helped to emphasize that urgency and immediacy of the word "now" !

Old 07-19-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
People for 120 years heard Noah condemn them for not repenting, that was their time of grace. Once that singular day came when God shut the door, nobody but those on board where given an opportunity.

The point of the lightening that Jesus was illustrating is to impress upon people about the quickness of the door being closed so to speak. This is why there is the sense of urgency about stop rejecting and come to believe, as God says:
God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” ...
“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.”

For he says,
“In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

It can't be helped to emphasize that urgency and immediacy of the word "now" !

Ok, so it seems clear that when Jesus returns the rapture will happen at the same moment then followed by the beginning of the great tribulation. It seems hard to believe that after that happens anyone would still not believe in Him during the great tribulation which if you do during that and refuse the mark of the beast you are saved and become a tribulation saint.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Ok, so it seems clear that when Jesus returns the rapture will happen at the same moment then followed by the beginning of the great tribulation. It seems hard to believe that after that happens anyone would still not believe in Him during the great tribulation which if you do during that and refuse the mark of the beast you are saved and become a tribulation saint.
Close ... the rapture event is part of the many events that are part of the Last Day.
Matthew 24:30
“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

Matthew 24:31
And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

John 5:27-29
And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

“Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his
voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."
The Rapture verse....
1 Thessalonians 4:17
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the
archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
The rapture verse to what Jesus said:

with a loud trumpet call Matthew 24:31
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. Matthew 24:31
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all the peoples of the earth will ..... when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven Matthew 24:30
There only purpose for being caught up "raptured" is to: And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:02 AM

9,692 posts, read 10,030,708 times
Yes it is best Not to wait to turn to Lord Jesus and repent to be save and receive Jesus spirit, as some could pass on and be to late , or some could turn to Jesus but come at apostasy in the church at the end times before Jesus come and people are not prepared to help people get saved , as the faith in the church could be in lax................Then Jesus could be coming for people who hold the grave error of worshiping the image of the beast , or his number , and mark which Jesus has to watch His Holy Angels destroy this authority from the earth .............Then there will be Christians who go through the rapture and , Christians who do not go through the rapture as some may not believe in the rapture and some will be martyred and some will have needed calling for those people who still could be saved , as Jesus Spirit will be in the earth through Holy Spirit until the great judgment of the last day

Old 07-20-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes it is best Not to wait to turn to Lord Jesus and repent to be save and receive Jesus spirit, as some could pass on and be to late , or some could turn to Jesus but come at apostasy in the church at the end times before Jesus come and people are not prepared to help people get saved , as the faith in the church could be in lax................Then Jesus could be coming for people who hold the grave error of worshiping the image of the beast , or his number , and mark which Jesus has to watch His Holy Angels destroy this authority from the earth .............Then there will be Christians who go through the rapture and , Christians who do not go through the rapture as some may not believe in the rapture and some will be martyred and some will have needed calling for those people who still could be saved , as Jesus Spirit will be in the earth through Holy Spirit until the great judgment of the last day
I don't believe there is a such thing as "Christians who won't be raptured." I believe this because there is no such thing as being born again, then unborn again. Either you believe in the finished work of Christ alone to save you or you don't. Anyone who doesn't is a professor of salvation and were never born again.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
It will be too late, but some will turn to God after the rapture, although their number will be small. All believers will be raptured, but the Bible also talks about people who refuse to worship the beast, and are murdered for their faith, so logically this means they must have became believers after the rapture.

There is a passage which suggests that God will send a delusion after the rapture to keep most people in unbelief, and some interpret (I am not sure I agree) this to mean those people who had heard the Gospel before the rapture, but rejected it, and this would mean the new converts are people who had not heard it before . See 2 Thess 2:9

I believe there is a second chance after the rapture, but there are no second chances after death.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-20-2013 at 06:55 AM..

Old 07-20-2013, 08:50 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,464,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519;
Is it saving faith to believe in Jesus after seeing Him?
Thomas had to see him, Paul had to be confronted by him, the 12 hung out with him. They all had to see. They were saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity