Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Thank you. I agree. Fetuses in the womb know NOTHING.
But that doesn't mean they FEEL nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 10:08 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,381,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This is true, though it is a bit questionable whether they can feel anything at all at 14 weeks. There isn't a real consensus yet as far as I've read. Dispite my progressive leanings, I was actually mostly in favor of the 20 week law they were proposing, though I didn't read it super carefully in case they tried to squeeze in something questionable.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:14 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,857 times
Quote:
Do you have any memories of being in your mother's womb? Does anyone? No, of course not because if you are not born you KNOW NOTHING. Furthermore, the DEAD KNOW NOTHING, according to the scriptures and even Jesus said it were better for some men had they never been born. A 14 week fetus doesn't even have a developed brain. I do favor the 20 weeks cut off for abortion EXCEPT in the case where the life of the mother is at risk.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:43 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,767 times
Quote:
At 14 weeks there is literally no reason whatsoever to think they do. At all. You need to get much closer to the 6 months mark before you can even begin to suspect they felt a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
If pro-aborts don't think it's a baby then why would they not want anyone to see what an aborted baby looks like? If it's just a clump of cells why would it bother anyone to see it?
I am pro heart surgery when people need it. I would not want children seeing it performed however. It is not a pretty sight.

What a medical procedure looks like has _nothing_ to do with the morality of that procedure.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:10 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
At 14 weeks there is literally no reason whatsoever to think they do. At all. You need to get much closer to the 6 months mark before you can even begin to suspect they felt a thing.

I am pro heart surgery when people need it. I would not want children seeing it performed however. It is not a pretty sight.

What a medical procedure looks like has _nothing_ to do with the morality of that procedure.
Oh how nice .... the termination of a human is a "medical procedure"

MSNBC talking head Melissa Harris-Perry insists that life only begins when the parents have a “feeling” that it begins. “When does life begin? I submit the answer depends an awful lot on the feeling of the parents. A powerful feeling — but not science,”

Guess what .... many abortion advocates who run in the same circles as Melissa Harris-Perry are now publicly arguing that it is okay for parents to kill their children up to age three. This is now being promoted as a “post-birth abortion.”

Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,144,492 times
As a true Goldwater-Republican Paleo-Conservative who staunchly opposes Neo-cons and generally supports Liberal stances including Gay rights I have always been rather cold towards the Abortion issue.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Oh how nice .... the termination of a human is a "medical procedure"

Guess what .... many abortion advocates who run in the same circles as Melissa Harris-Perry are now publicly arguing that it is okay for parents to kill their children up to age three. This is now being promoted as a “post-birth abortion.”
Really? Where did you read that, on NEWS MAX. Please cite an example of anyone who has advocated publicly any such thing as killing your children? And you know, I find it hypocritical of you to refer to Melissa Harris Perry as a "talking head" while you give the unborn special status as human beings with rights.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post

Well said.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:52 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,500,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Really? Where did you read that, on NEWS MAX. Please cite an example of anyone who has advocated publicly any such thing as killing your children? And you know, I find it hypocritical of you to refer to Melissa Harris Perry as a "talking head" while you give the unborn special status as human beings with rights.
Frankly ... I don't care what you think.
Some of us speak the truth from God's Word ... and are as Jesus said "Children of God" and some here are as Jesus said "children of the Devil", so they speak for him.

You want the light of truth to expose who speaks for the devil:

The Washington Post:
Recently two bioethicists, Alberto Giubilini and Francesca Minerva, published a paper in the peer
reviewed Journal of Medical Ethics entitled “After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?”

They wrote:
“[W]hen circumstances occur after birth such that they would have justified abortion, what
we call after-birth abortion should be permissible. … [W]e propose to call this practice ‘after
-birth abortion’, rather than ‘infanticide,’ to emphasize that the moral status of the
individual killed is comparable with that of a fetus … rather than to that of a child.

Therefore, we claim that killing a newborn could be ethically permissible in all the
circumstances where abortion would be. Such circumstances include cases where the
newborn has the potential to have an (at least) acceptable life, but the well-being of the family is at risk.”

Old 07-30-2013, 10:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Many treat a fetus, much like they would an insect in their path.
If, it's inconvenient; take precautions or keep your garments on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity