Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
How do you believe a soul is saved?
Saved from what ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 03:33 PM

794 posts, read 847,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Saved from what ?
Are you a universalist?

Old 07-30-2013, 03:45 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Are you a universalist?
No, but I whole heartedly believe in universal Reconcilation. Saved from what?. The wrath of God is not eternal hell, before you trying telling me it is.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:51 PM

796 posts, read 859,465 times
Quote:
How do you believe a soul is saved?
We are saved unto eternal life. Some try and turn everything about God into a negative and question what are we saved from and miss the entire purpose of Jesus Christ. Salvation is not about not going somewhere it's about obtaining eternal life.
While salvation does "save" us from the consequences of our sin it is about much more than that.

Why do some people only see the negative when we Christians talk about the love of God?

Old 07-30-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
No, but I whole heartedly believe in universal Reconcilation. Saved from what?. The wrath of God is not eternal hell, before you trying telling me it is.
Saved from judgment. Jesus endured our judgment so anyone who believes in Him will not face judgment.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:08 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Pleroo, I would like to make myself a little clearer. To me there's a big difference in believing in the doctrine of eternal hell and threatening all( believer and unbeliever) those who reject it with it.

Thanks for clarifying. But, as I see it, even just believing the doctrine can accomplish nothing but harm. And, on topic, doing a play with the intent of scaring people into believing in a certain version of God "or else" is one big threat. They have no scruples about making a 12 year old girl participate in it; I wonder if they at least have an age limit for those who attend, or are they perfectly happy to threaten children with it as well as adults?

Vile.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thanks for clarifying. But, as I see it, even just believing the doctrine can accomplish nothing but harm. And, on topic, doing a play with the intent of scaring people into believing in a certain version of God "or else" is one big threat. They have no scruples about making a 12 year old girl participate in it; I wonder if they at least have an age limit for those who attend, or are they perfectly happy to threaten children with it as well as adults?

Vile.
The play is focused on the consequences of our choice to believe in Jesus o reject Him so you have to show both sides to get the point across. And there were several scenes in the play. I only mentioned that one because it was the most dramatic in my opinion. And I also said I believe if one person in a family is saved God will see to it the whole family gets saved. I don't think their intent is to scare people but to just enlighten them that our choice in this matter brings eternal consequences.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:21 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
The play is focused on the consequences of our choice to believe in Jesus o reject Him so you have to show both sides to get the point across. And there were several scenes in the play. I only mentioned that one because it was the most dramatic in my opinion. And I also said I believe if one person in a family is saved God will see to it the whole family gets saved. I don't think their intent is to scare people but to just enlighten them that our choice in this matter brings eternal consequences.
In your opinion, there's nothing scary to a child about the idea of seeing their parent dragged away to be eternally tormented while they stand by helpless, crying and screaming? Are they allowing children to watch this or aren't they?

Once again, what YOU believe about whole families "getting saved" has nothing to do with it. That is NOT what they are portraying in this play, nor is it a belief common to mainstream Christianity.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
Not one of your favorite scriptures comes close to stating "Jesus Christ saves us from eternal hell", you have simply convinced yourself it says it.
No pcamps .... you're the one who has convinced yourself that it has not.

Jesus said:
"And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

" Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ "

" Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day."

And Jesus said:
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who
practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of
burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

and God said:
"for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever."

Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No one accuses Jesus of anything. It is only because you confuse YOUR views with those of Jesus that you think anyone is accusing Jesus. You need to actually get to know the REAL Jesus as HE revealed Himself to be and as HE revealed the Father to be . . . NOT what our ignorant ancient ancestors believed about them.
Jesus revealed that this is the truth:
for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.
by using the mind of Christ which he revealed by saying:
"And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

" Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ "

" Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day."

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who
practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of
burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Those of the mind of Satan, which is their father, does not accept Jesus and his words. .... and that too was said by Jesus using the mind of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity