Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 01:04 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times

Advertisements

SPIRITUAL DREAMS . . .

Do you believe they are given to believers?

Have you had dreams you believed were spiritual illustrations?

I ask this because I just awakened from what I would classify as the most profound spiritual dream I have ever had. It was very dramatic. It seemed very real even though some parts were "far out". It had a surprise ending which was a great relief to me. It was as if I were in a play with friends and family -- I'm still reeling from it. I won't go into specifics because I know many do not even believe our dreams can be given by the Spirit. The main gist of the message I took away from it is that humanity is divided, but not exactly how you think it is and that GOD MUST TURN THE HEARTS, otherwise even your own brother/sister/mother could act as your worst enemy. And this seems to be happening all the more in the news -- bizarre news stories of mother/daughter/sister/brother/father/son against one another. That is the way it was in my dream. Condemnation breathed from our mouths will NEVER turn the heart of anyone. Each person's heart is in God's hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 01:14 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
SPIRITUAL DREAMS . . .

I ask this because I just awakened from what I would classify as the most profound spiritual dream I have ever had. It was very dramatic. It seemed very real even though some parts were "far out". It had a surprise ending which was a great relief to me. It was as if I were in a play with friends and family -- I'm still reeling from it. I won't go into specifics because I know many do not even believe our dreams can be given by the Spirit. The main gist of the message I took away from it is that humanity is divided, but not exactly how you think it is and that GOD MUST TURN THE HEARTS, otherwise even your own brother/sister/mother could act as your worst enemy. And this seems to be happening all the more in the news -- bizarre news stories of mother/daughter/sister/brother/father/son against one another. That is the way it was in my dream. Condemnation breathed from our mouths will NEVER turn the heart of anyone. Each person's heart is in God's hand.
While not a Zen Buddhist I have always appreciated their adage that before "enlightenment" it is chop wood, carry water. And after enlightenment, it is chop wood, carry water.

I think one has these experiences, and takes them back into normal life. Otherwise they become a kind of theatre.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:32 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
Heartsong - Just because you had a "weird" dream, it doesn't mean that it was "spiritual". It was probably nothing more than a weird dream and you WANT to believe that it was spiritual that you are making the statement that it WAS spiritual.
If it was spiritual, then good for you.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:54 AM

452 posts, read 709,615 times
Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"

Some dreams are prophetic, some are just dreams, some are tricks of the enemy.

Don't try to interpret it, that's where the enemy will sneak in...wait.

If it was a revelation from God, He'll keep revealing it's nature to you. If you start digging, the enemy will surely find a way to twist and confuse it.

I'll be praying that you get confirmation either way.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
While there is no new spiritual revelation from the Lord, the dream seems to fit here...

Matthew 10:21 - "For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. 21 "Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.

... not in a prophetic sense, but just in a general warfare against the world kind of vibe.

Happens often in the Muslim would when one turns to Christ and away from Islam. The family will seek to kill the "traitor".

Dreams can come from either source (Holy Spirit, fleshly or false spirit). Interpret them in light of the Bible.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:15 AM

452 posts, read 709,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
While there is no new spiritual revelation from the Lord, the dream seems to fit here...

Matthew 10:21 - "For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you. 21 "Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death.

... not in a prophetic sense, but just in a general warfare against the world kind of vibe.

Happens often in the Muslim would when one turns to Christ and away from Islam. The family will seek to kill the "traitor".

Dreams can come from either source (Holy Spirit, fleshly or false spirit). Interpret them in light of the Bible.
You said it better than I did, thank you! (My brain doesn't function well without coffee...a lot of it, lol)

Old 08-16-2013, 07:19 AM

60 posts, read 110,081 times
Heartsong, yes I believe we are given spiritual dreams. Most are our imaginations running wild, but there are those rare few. It gets hard to discern because nowadays everyone and their mother is screaming about their "new revelations" and "words from the lord"

I have had a few in my life that I believe really were from God. My husband and I had been getting harassed by an obviously demonically possessed neighbor and we were fearful to even leave our apartment. It was getting to the point I was willing to shell out an extra months rent and fees to end our lease and move.

One night I had a nightmare. There was a knock at the door and my husband got up from bed to answer it. He turned into an ex-boyfriend who had gotten me away from God in my early college years. He got into bed with me and asked me to love him again and I kicked at him to get away. Rain began to pour outside my window and a river began to appear. My apartment broke away from the building and began rushing down the raging river. The walls disappeared, and I was left on a raft with the ex bf. I finally sensed I was in a dream and knew the "spirit" of fear was trying to bombard me physically. It was a strange realization then, that it had no power over me and I shouted "STOP!". The river dried up leaving a dry lake bed, I floated up and turned around to face "him" and knew it was something inhuman. I rebuked it strongly in the name of Jesus, it immediately morphed into a reptilian and was shot away further than I could see. I immediately woke up with a huge smile on my face. There was such power inside in the knowledge that Jesus really is the king of kings and demons fear him.

Days later I had the realization I could do the same to whatever was inhabiting my neighbor. There was no "what ifs" in me, I was 100% faithful Jesus was with me. I spoke directly to "it", while still in my apartment, saying it had no legal rights to harass my husband and I anymore; that it had to go inside it's home any time my husband or I were coming or going. Funny thing is, that was months ago and I have not seen my neighbor ONCE.

I believe that dream was encouragement that the spiritual chaos (raging river) has no power over us when we use the power Jesus has given us in his name. It was training for the real thing.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 AM

Thanks, all who responded. I'm not seeking confirmation from anyone - just wondered if others have spiritual dreams. I have had a few - not a lot of them. The thing that amazed me about this particular dream was that in the end it was revealed that my enemy was changed by God - a character in my dream who was causing me a lot of pain and suffering and fear (he was able to torment me with just the slightest little prick in my back). It was a very long and strange dream and I"m leaving out many details. Only God can interpret a spiritual dream for me so I am not asking anyone to interpret it. I was mainly just wondering if any here reading have spiritual dreams and if they get the interpretation from God just upon awakening? That's the way mine are -- I know as soon as I wake up if it was a spiritual dream and then I sit quietly and listen for the meaning. I was not told to share or not to share - but I just wondered if others have these dreams followed by an understanding of what they mean.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaRabbit View Post
Heartsong, yes I believe we are given spiritual dreams. Most are our imaginations running wild, but there are those rare few. It gets hard to discern because nowadays everyone and their mother is screaming about their "new revelations" and "words from the lord"

I have had a few in my life that I believe really were from God. My husband and I had been getting harassed by an obviously demonically possessed neighbor and we were fearful to even leave our apartment. It was getting to the point I was willing to shell out an extra months rent and fees to end our lease and move.

One night I had a nightmare. There was a knock at the door and my husband got up from bed to answer it. He turned into an ex-boyfriend who had gotten me away from God in my early college years. He got into bed with me and asked me to love him again and I kicked at him to get away. Rain began to pour outside my window and a river began to appear. My apartment broke away from the building and began rushing down the raging river. The walls disappeared, and I was left on a raft with the ex bf. I finally sensed I was in a dream and knew the "spirit" of fear was trying to bombard me physically. It was a strange realization then, that it had no power over me and I shouted "STOP!". The river dried up leaving a dry lake bed, I floated up and turned around to face "him" and knew it was something inhuman. I rebuked it strongly in the name of Jesus, it immediately morphed into a reptilian and was shot away further than I could see. I immediately woke up with a huge smile on my face. There was such power inside in the knowledge that Jesus really is the king of kings and demons fear him.

Days later I had the realization I could do the same to whatever was inhabiting my neighbor. There was no "what ifs" in me, I was 100% faithful Jesus was with me. I spoke directly to "it", while still in my apartment, saying it had no legal rights to harass my husband and I anymore; that it had to go inside it's home any time my husband or I were coming or going. Funny thing is, that was months ago and I have not seen my neighbor ONCE.

I believe that dream was encouragement that the spiritual chaos (raging river) has no power over us when we use the power Jesus has given us in his name. It was training for the real thing.
Very interesting, LunaRabbit. I think most of the spiritual dreams I've had are mainly for me - just God teaching me something. I've never been instructed to go tell everyone. I'm not around a lot of "God talkers" (people who talk about God incessantly) but if so I would imagine you would here a lot of people trying to tell you they have a new revelation. Every revelation I get from God is "new to me" - if you know what I mean, but I'm not a spiritual teacher and others can get their own revelations from the Source since the Holy Spirit will teach us all things. That's one reason why I dislike those who claim to be bible teachers - I don't believe in teaching the bible - I believe in walking with God and getting plugged into the Spirit for oneself and helping the spiritually weak only when they ask for help, advice, etc... Oddly enough, most of my spiritual dreams have never had anything about a demonic entity in them, but the one I just had did - and God showed me how he is in complete control over all spirits.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:55 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
SPIRITUAL DREAMS . . .

Dreams are an altered state and they DO provide the potential for access to God. The problem is that our unconscious is largely in control and uses the dreams to "iron out" the daily frustrations we encounter using dreams. We have many frustrating experiences throughout the day leaving us with unsatisfied drives. Our dreams allow for satisfaction of them in harmless ways. It has been said "fear not ye who eat hard-earned bread, for our Father gives to us in our dreams."

Having experienced altered states under conscious control . . . I can determine what is from my unconscious and what is not. But it is not as easy for most people to do in their dreams. Lucid dreamers often can control their content. Whenever they encounter what they cannot alter . . . THAT is part of the spiritual reality. So to answer your question, Heartsong . . . Yes they can be . . . but we must be careful to not be fooled by our own unconscious desires, fears and needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity