Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 07:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
That thread is where your post belongs. If I respond to it here it will be derailing this thread.
I brought it here after being told that people become guilty of condemnation ( by extension) simply by believing what the Bible says. That is a prime example of people being offended by the truth, which is the topic here.

Quote:
Me: Believing what the Bible says does not mean condemnation
Quote:
Answer: Yeah, it kinda does when it comes to this subject. If you maintain that the condemnations made in Leviticus are just dandy and in fact from GOD, then you are by extension making the condemnation.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:48 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I brought it here after being told that people become guilty of condemnation ( by extension) simply by believing what the Bible says. That is a prime example of people being offended by the truth, which is the topic here.
People aren't offended by the truth found in the bible. That's ridiculous.

People are offended by the crap found in the bible that uneducated, not-very-bright, bigoted people believe is truth.

Get it straight Finny.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

People are offended by the crap found in the bible that uneducated, not-very-bright, bigoted people believe is truth.

Get it straight Finny.
Feel free to disagree about what is and isn't true in the Bible.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Feel free to disagree about what is and isn't true in the Bible.
I don't need your permission to separate the crap from the truth in the bible. I only need common sense, a modicum of intelligence, and education -- qualities most fundies lack.

You, of course, may continue to believe that crap is true. But I will continue to disagree - vociferously.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I don't need your permission to separate the crap from the truth in the bible. I only need common sense, a modicum of intelligence, and education
I hope you find common sense etc soon, because your posts are tiresome without it.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:40 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
This "why does the truth offend" was highlighted at the homosexuality thread where Christians are routinely accused of hatred, bigotry and 'condemnation'. I did not see any evidence of this 'condemnation' and finally it dawned to me that to the accusers simply believing what the Bible says about the topic qualifies as 'condemning' others.

To avoid the accusations Christians must lie about their beliefs, or refuse to discuss it. Either that, or face the music.

I also posted a video where militant gays physically assaulted a Christian person. THAT'S how offensive the truth is.
isn't that the exact reaction of the men of sodom?
.... their demons accusing Lot for being their "judge" and then proceed to say " we will do worse to you " to Lot than to these other ( angels) who they state they want to rape.

I see it no different than this whole site.. is a microcosm of Sodom itself and of that day right here and now.. now.!

and following the Lord and his spirit/ messengers.. angels... to the ....OUT ...of that place and that unyeilding mentality. SO also no looking back either....Our Lords righteousness , His rightness .. is still the only answer for "salvation" then and now . being set right and made whole and truly flexible to Heavens leadings and guidance .. is still the only answer to be set free from that kind of hardness ..

as we can see in their statements there.. there was no flexibility / no plasticity to heavens movements.. or others desire to not be raped ( culturally, emotionally, spiritually or any other way ) ..there in Sodom, or here in sodom ..?
was there?

they only wanted to do as they wanted to whomever and to Not be judged about it. They cared not one bit of the right or the wrong of it. and cared less what God thought about it.
then or now.

The father's love and faithfulness to bring us to a heart of flesh by trial and chastisement .. to bring us
to a place like king David ...a heart that is yielding (Most of the time).... is the only way OUT of that kind of mental unyielding mentality of the fallen heart ( mind, the seat of emotions) ..
AND THE TRUEST OF LOVE FROM GOD CAN ONLY BEG THEM TO YIELD TO THE LORD.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
isn't that the exact reaction of the men of sodom?
.... their demons accusing Lot for being their "judge" and then proceed to say " we will do worse to you " to Lot than to these other ( angels) who they state they want to rape.

I see it no different than this whole site.. is a microcosm of Sodom itself and of that day right here and now.. now.!

and following the Lord and his spirit/ messengers.. angels... to the ....OUT ...of that place and that unyeilding mentality. SO also no looking back either....Our Lords righteousness , His rightness .. is still the only answer for "salvation" then and now . being set right and made whole and truly flexible to Heavens leadings and guidance .. is still the only answer to be set free from that kind of hardness ..

as we can see in their statements there.. there was no flexibility / no plasticity to heavens movements.. or others desire to not be raped ( culturally, emotionally, spiritually or any other way ) ..there in Sodom, or here in sodom ..?
was there?

they only wanted to do as they wanted to whomever and to Not be judged about it. They cared not one bit of the right or the wrong of it. and cared less what God thought about it.
then or now.

The father's love and faithfulness to bring us to a heart of flesh by trial and chastisement .. to bring us
to a plce like king David ...a heart that is yielding (Most of the time).... is the only way OUT of that kind of mental unyielding mentality of the fallen heart ( mind, seat of emotions) ..
Sure seems like the same mob mentality, especially if you look at all the anti-Christian hostility at the gay parades.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:04 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
People want to believe what they want concerning those words of Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). this is when they'll not well "educated" spiritually ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). he said that he will direct our path if we acknowledge him. those who refuse to know him, will choose to ignore his words! MANY who call themselves a "Christian." have seen this verse ,(1Cor. 6:18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body).

yet some sits in their places of worship as "followers of Jesus." knowing they are involved sex outside of marriage, it's called fornication, and it's a sin. you can't really believe that when the scriptures are brought to their attention. ALL of them are humble enough to say, "yes!...it applies to me." MANY will get upset, and try to explain it away. some will even say, that's NOT what I mean!

the same with homosexual acts ,(Levi. 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination). there's NO WAY, anyone can't understand this verse. but because people are more lovers of themselves than God, some will ignore it. I've heard gay women say... "but it's saying MEN, NOT WOMEN." so here's what this verse says. (Rom. 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature). humans are NOT dumb, they understand what this meant.

and even when this comes after it, (verse 27 "Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due). some still refuse to put two and two together. it's NOT about people being "uneducated, not-very-bright, bigots." it's about what Jehovah and Jesus feels. because when the End finally hits.

MANY will do as Jesus said...(Rev. 6:15,16 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sit on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb). peace

Old 06-11-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
People want to believe what they want concerning those words of Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3). this is when they'll not well "educated" spiritually ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths). he said that he will direct our path if we acknowledge him. those who refuse to know him, will choose to ignore his words! MANY who call themselves a "Christian." have seen this verse ,(1Cor. 6:18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body).

yet some sits in their places of worship as "followers of Jesus." knowing they are involved sex outside of marriage, it's called fornication, and it's a sin. you can't really believe that when the scriptures are brought to their attention. ALL of them are humble enough to say, "yes!...it applies to me." MANY will get upset, and try to explain it away. some will even say, that's NOT what I mean!

the same with homosexual acts ,(Levi. 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination). there's NO WAY, anyone can't understand this verse. but because people are more lovers of themselves than God, some will ignore it. I've heard gay women say... "but it's saying MEN, NOT WOMEN." so here's what this verse says. (Rom. 1:26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature). humans are NOT dumb, they understand what this meant.

and even when this comes after it, (verse 27 "Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due). some still refuse to put two and two together. it's NOT about people being "uneducated, not-very-bright, bigots." it's about what Jehovah and Jesus feels. because when the End finally hits.

MANY will do as Jesus said...(Rev. 6:15,16 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sit on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb). peace
There are none so lost as JWs. I feel very sorry for you and hope one day you fine a true path.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Finn Jarber,

You have taken one instance in the ministry of Jesus completely out of context to make out the truth is offensive. Jesus never said anything offensive in the instance you are referring too, if the hearer had understood what he was saying rather than thinking like a literal minded fundamentalist like yourself does, rather than thinking he was literally saying eat his flesh and drink his blood, there would have been none offended. You for certain would have been offended by that statement of Jesus on the basis that you apparently only believe something what you see in the bible, and there is nothing in OT scriptures about eating flesh and drinking blood, so without a doubt you would have rejected his statement and been offended by it.

What we do know from the gospels is, fundamentalists like yourself were offended by every wonderful act that Jesus commited. Offended when he healed, offended when he freely forgave, offended when he exposed their hypocrisy, offended for doing things on the sabbath, offended for dining with sinners, offended for showing mercy, offended for calling God is Father, offended when he called them white washed tombs and children of hell. You like all fundamentalists because of your love affair with the letter that kills, hate the thought that God has been and always will be for those you believe he's against. You are still very much under the law, your use of the scriptures clearly shows that you are. You are all easily offended by such things because your idea of God is one of everything Jesus never was and IS.

You no longer can hide behind the letter that kills(the scriptures will always be that to you until you repent from Giving them God like status), you have been outed from behind veil of death you hide behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.