Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2015, 11:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yet if you preach against sin and not provide the story of love there is no Good News.

You cannot antagonize and then evangelize. You cannot insult and then inspire.

The word "sin" should never leave the lips of any person unless they are talking about their own.
So, you think Jesus sent His diciples to antagonize people? No, He sent them to tell people the good newes, but He knew some would be offfended by it, and instructed them how to deal with it when it happens.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you think Jesus sent His diciples to antagonize people? No, He sent them to tell people the good newes, but He knew some would be offfended by it, and instructed them how to deal with it when it happens.
So, how is it that truth offends some and not others when in the next breathe you tell us we all hate light in the likelihood that it exposes us ?.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by micC View Post
You'd like to believe that atheists are offended by Christianity (and to be fair, some atheists are). All I'm offended about is the fact that religious people have the power in my society to wield their fantasies in order to encroach upon my freedom in this life. If it weren't for that, Christianity would be nothing more than a joke or a psychological curiosity.

Many Christians are greatly offended by the mere mention of atheism. I believe that for people like yourself (perhaps not specifically you, but certainly some Christians) to be able to continue believing your religion, you need to know that the majority of people think the same way as you. Having strength in numbers makes it easier to ignore the fact that you have absolutely no evidence based reason to support your faith. You believe only because Christianity resonates with your own emotional need to feel that your life has significance to the universe.
Quote:
OK, don't want to be bothered by them. That is yet another way of being offended, although this brand of offence isn't really related to the truth of Christ, but rather to the fact that you are annoyed by people "selling" something you are not interested in.
Truth is a concept to help sell and publicize a commodity.

It’s an ideology that maintains a strangle hold on humanity:
Comparing themselves among themselves – they have become fools.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:32 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yet if you preach against sin and not provide the story of love there is no Good News.

You cannot antagonize and then evangelize. You cannot insult and then inspire.

The word "sin" should never leave the lips of any person unless they are talking about their own.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:38 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,441 times
Quote:
I was offended by message of love before I embraced it, and so was Nicky Cruz and millions of other unbelievers before Jesus drew them in. Later I learned about the other things Jesus talked about, but that has nothing to do with being offended earlier.
You were offended by love? That's very strange. I was offended by the message of love being drowned out by all the threats of eternal torment, never offended by the message of God's love. I could not HEAR the TRUE MESSAGE OF GOD'S LOVE while in the presence of evangelicals with an agenda to build a ministry, build a church, with an agenda to keep people in bondage to their organization, denomination, ideas, interpretations and their double speak message of love/hate. No one can ever truly believe in God's love while at the same time believing he might or would ever forsake them forever and punish them eternally. Everyone who is truthful inside knows this whether or not they will admit it. Case closed.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I was offended by message of love before I embraced it, and so was Nicky Cruz and millions of other unbelievers before Jesus drew them in. Later I learned about the other things Jesus talked about, but that has nothing to do with being offended earlier.
And everyone that is born of Nicky Cruz and David Wilkerson, John MacArthur and that PIper bloke and Finn Jarber will be offended too. Jesus taught that the scribe and pharisee made converts twice the children of hell they were, now, i ain't no mathematician, but 2000 odd years later, todays children of hell have to be at least 100 times the children of hell they were back then, and Jesus was not referring to your adulterer, tax collector or prostitue, but those who appeared to be the real deal on the outside.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-26-2015 at 02:03 PM..

Old 07-26-2015, 02:37 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
You were offended by love? That's very strange. I was offended by the message of love being drowned out by all the threats of eternal torment, never offended by the message of God's love. I could not HEAR the TRUE MESSAGE OF GOD'S LOVE while in the presence of evangelicals with an agenda to build a ministry, build a church, with an agenda to keep people in bondage to their organization, denomination, ideas, interpretations and their double speak message of love/hate. No one can ever truly believe in God's love while at the same time believing he might or would ever forsake them forever and punish them eternally. Everyone who is truthful inside knows this whether or not they will admit it. Case closed.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
It is strange to you and others who never experienced it, but Jesus talked about it often, as I had shown many times on this thread.

Are you saying Jesus sent His diciples with an agenda to put people in bondage to an organization and to speak a double speak of love/hate? If that is the only thing that offends then He must have done so. No, He sent them to tell people the good newes, but He knew some would be offfended that by it, and instructed them how to deal with it when it happens.

How can you explain that?

Can you answer the other questions I have asked?

None of you will answer them, because the questions make you realize your argument is false.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-26-2015 at 02:54 PM..

Old 07-26-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
It is strange to you and others who never experienced it, but Jesus talked about it often, as I had shown many times on this thread.
You have shown nothing but your own experience, stop kidding yourself.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I have asked you three times if you are going to answer the questions I asked you, and you have not done so. Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.